Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

WFGuy posted:

I'm not sure I agree that "let's keep the poor away from our gold through filigreed violence" counts as useful, to be honest...

Eventually his technological advances would filter down to benefitting the lower classes but yeah it's a very small, Musky kind off help. Meanwhile the Duke just wants to extract as much wealth as he can in his own lifetime and doesn't care about developing his Duchy except to allow him to extract more wealth. He isn't even building opera houses or doing any of the other charitable stuff rich people do to feel less guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dust District (1/2): Youtube Polsy

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Are the rats trying to impress Stumbles-senpai, or are they more upset he's on their turf?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Yes.

I still have no idea why any of that happened. It's never happened before or since.

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
I'm going on a limb to guess that a civilian from the bazaar panicked into the nearest air vent.

Radio fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 26, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The Dust District (2/2): Youtube Polsy

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Playing High Chaos has actually degraded my ability to play stealth games as anything but a whirlwind of food-eating blades and crossbow bolts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hey you wanna play that co-op splinter cell game at some point

i feel like that style would translate

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Coolguye posted:

hey you wanna play that co-op splinter cell game at some point

i feel like that style would translate

You know I would and you know I would yell at you.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i'd be playing blind as gently caress so i feel like i'd deserve it

e: i'd probably try to get you to re-enact DOOR'S STUCK

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

And we're all going to love it.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I want to see this so much now.

Bumbles and Stumbles: "Covert" Super Spies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

I want to see this so much now.

Bumbles and Stumbles: "Covert" Super Spies.

gently caress

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you know i was joking but this is taking on a life of its own now

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
You're welcome!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The real question is which Splinter Cell co-op experience cause I'm aware of more than one. Chaos Theory's was goddamn hard, Conviction was okay and I don't remember purchasing Blacklist but apparently I did? I've never played it but have apparently owned it for four years. Obviously I never played Double Agent's cause the co-op was only on various console versions apparently.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The real question is which Splinter Cell co-op experience cause I'm aware of more than one. Chaos Theory's was goddamn hard, Conviction was okay and I don't remember purchasing Blacklist but apparently I did? I've never played it but have apparently owned it for four years. Obviously I never played Double Agent's cause the co-op was only on various console versions apparently.

I actually played the original double action when I was like 8 co-op and we couldn't figure out how to do a dual take down and never beat the first level

Blacklist was fun but also very dumb.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i want it on record my experience with the splinter cell series was "played the original for like an hour or something idfk"

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Coolguye posted:

you know i was joking but this is taking on a life of its own now

Could be worse, we didn't ask for a co-op playthrough of Dying Light.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that streamthrough nearly killed me once already

pointy corpse
Jul 7, 2014

Is there anywhere to find the streamthrough? I've seen some clips but the full thing escapes me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the dying light one? i'll ask lune, we were streaming it on his channel.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"Don't live in the city, live in a shack in the woods and don't be the Unabomber."

As someone who lives in a shack in the woods and may or may not be the Unabomber, gently caress that noise. Do you know what happens every day in a shack in the woods? You're alone with your thoughts. Your horrible, horrible thoughts.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
...which is how you get the Unabomber. Stay in the Suburbs.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Dareon posted:

"Don't live in the city, live in a shack in the woods and don't be the Unabomber."

As someone who lives in a shack in the woods and may or may not be the Unabomber, gently caress that noise. Do you know what happens every day in a shack in the woods? You're alone with your thoughts. Your horrible, horrible thoughts.

Eventually enough people will go into the woods to become the Unabomber that they will inadvertently found "Unabomber City" and the cycle will repeat.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

pointy corpse posted:

Is there anywhere to find the streamthrough? I've seen some clips but the full thing escapes me.

Dying Light wasn't saved, and twitch auto deletes archives after a time. You weren't missing much outside those clips, I guarantee it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dust District: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 16, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Blacklist co-op is extremely good, both doing the regular campaign co-op (I think all of it can be done that way) as well as the co-op only Briggs missions and the solo or co-op Grim, Kobin, and Charlie ones. And on top of all that they still have Spies vs Mercs.

for all it had an extremely dumb plot (so bad) blacklist is full of content. it's like "hey remember that thing you liked from splinter cell? no it doesn't matter which one, because we put them all in this game."

and now that we know the real reason Sam was recast I'm a lot less grumpy about it, so that's tolerable also

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 13, 2018

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Oh, yeah..do the Blacklist co-op. I never got a chance to see any of that content when I played that game and it'd be interesting to see your take on the regular campaign I think.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah roboky and i had an extended conversation about splinter cell and the basic conclusion we came to was that we should do blacklist, and from there go further back in time on it depending on what was and wasn't possible. conviction has a note on its steam page that the multiplayer services have been taken offline, so we'd have to use hamachi to LAN up or something, as an example.

...now to somehow prioritize that on all the other games we want to play together...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Psion posted:

and now that we know the real reason Sam was recast I'm a lot less grumpy about it, so that's tolerable also

eh? Somehow missed this bit of news

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I believe that was Mindy who got domino'ed at 37:14.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Coolguye posted:

yeah roboky and i had an extended conversation about splinter cell and the basic conclusion we came to was that we should do blacklist, and from there go further back in time on it depending on what was and wasn't possible. conviction has a note on its steam page that the multiplayer services have been taken offline, so we'd have to use hamachi to LAN up or something, as an example.

...now to somehow prioritize that on all the other games we want to play together...

What are some of the other ones you guys want to do?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Vadoc posted:

What are some of the other ones you guys want to do?

just on my own list?

- definitely have some Monster Hunter to at least stream in the immediate future. roboky and i were tentatively gonna stream tonight i think, so long as he didn't get hauled into work again.
- dark souls series bro-op, as much as i can convince him to get into it. roboky is extremely deep into all of the games except DS3 (which he still played a lot of, he just didn't enjoy it as much), while i played 'a fair bit' of DS1 and didn't touch any other games or soulslikes (so no Nioh, either). so basically he would be the very competent guy keeping me moving along mechanically, but realistically it's just a buddy cop movie in a place where everything sucks.
- prey mooncrash addons. we still have the prop hunt mode when that hits, and he also has his loose change video.
- jazztronauts looked loving insanely up our alleys and i personally have been a big fan of foohy's work for many years so i'd love to get into that
- binary domain really deserves a proper retrospective

i know roboky had a few ideas of his own but i will avoid those so i don't accidentally talk about something he'd prefer i not.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
So, quick thing, there's some rather unfortunate desync in the latest video.

Also, I'm slightly disappointed you didn't put Byrne in Paolo's lap and then stood behind the camera like you were taking a picture.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah, i figured out what the problem was with the desync. it requires a re-encode, however, so i'll be replacing it tomorrow.

the desync is exactly one second in the meantime so it's seriously not THAT big a deal if you want to watch the episode.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The Outsider doesn't respond to music because My Chemical Romance doesn't exist in this universe yet.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Dareon posted:

The Outsider doesn't respond to music because My Chemical Romance doesn't exist in this universe yet.

Well he sure likes to tell us about what happened when HE WAS
A YOUNG MAN
A CULTIST
TOOK HIM ONTO AN ALTAR
AND STABBED HIM IN THE HEART

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dust District: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't know if this is my system or your video, but on my tablet the video freezes at 24:46. Audio continues to play. On my laptop I can't watch at all because Firefox doesn't recognize the video type.