Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

Do you not remember the dude who needed help with deers our some poo poo killing the whole Army's inboxes?

They fixed it since I think. Something dumb went out a while back and it was impossible to reply all it. I know because an nco retiring in a few days kept trying. No idea if this particular account/permission is protected that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Army Thread: Hey, Mustang, at least you’re not Martello

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Plugged an unarmed dude 5 times, that's not so good.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I was going to say at least martello was out to give him some advantage over mustang but apparently he's in the guard so lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

still got them DSLs i see

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Those DSLs gonna get him in trouble in prison

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

he won't see a day

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cnn picked up the story too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

After the Santos shooting, Roselle told an officer at the scene that he thought he "f----d up" and "didn't know what to do" when Santos came at him, according to Martin. He repeated the assertion that he had made a mistake to others later. The prosecutor said the officer could have engaged Santos with his baton, pepper spray or Taser.

Jesus man...

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What's the story here? Is this a goonstar that I do not know or what makes him so special?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Wrote a company wide order banning high and tights, posted a picture of his hosed up feet after a ruck, plus the aforementioned pipe smoking dsl lips

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 9, 2018

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
With the blank rounds, isn't it weighed to a certain range of the desired number, and accepted as such? What reason is there to count?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Vahakyla posted:

With the blank rounds, isn't it weighed to a certain range of the desired number, and accepted as such? What reason is there to count?

Army gonna Army

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Vahakyla posted:

gently caress you, that's why. Now start counting while all the staff sergeants bitch at the smoke pit about how stupid this is.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm not sure exactly why, but shortly after I stopped being a PL the ASP on JBLM started being ammo Nazi's during turn ins which has resulted in the soldiers getting hosed by having to do stupid poo poo like count a BN's worth of ammo.

There is no room for error and any that do happen are immediately elevated to corps level so the poo poo rolls down a really big hill.

It's standard for seemingly every organization on JBLM to immediately let the corps commander know about anything a unit either fails to do or fucks up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vahakyla posted:

Navy ammunition management tracks blanks (or did when i was ammo manager). I’d requisition, report, and return blank ammo via milstrips just like anything live.

Now, i never actually counted dummy rounds and never made anyone do it because as long as entire cases didn’t disappear no one gave a gently caress about my dummy numbers. I could absolutely see some ammo manager NCO saying that his dummy counts need to be exact.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Jesus Christ, in I've done field exercises in the Guard where we just threw all our extra blanks in a lake rather than turn them in.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
At reasonable ammo points (I know) I’ve seen their tolerance vary by type and activity.

Turning in spent 20mm shells from a system that automatically catches the ammo? Better have the right amount.

Turning in small arms shells from running around in the woods or a convoy blank/live fire? Try not to be missing too much by weight.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

The LT/CPT has no balls.

loving stand up to the civilian in charge of the asp. I had one try and say that because one of my E-6's had lost some spent MK-19 brass (it had been accidentally thrown away because it was found after we had packed up the range) that we had to treat it as LIVE GRENADES being lost.

He went to the garrison commander who told him to gently caress off and quit being a problem causing little bitch.

This is the same garrison commander who found me not guilty of assaulting a superior officer (because he loving deserved it). He was a pretty good guy (vietnam infantry vet).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
nice thing about shooting in the navy is you just deep six your brass.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

At reasonable ammo points (I know) I’ve seen their tolerance vary by type and activity.

Turning in spent 20mm shells from a system that automatically catches the ammo? Better have the right amount.

Turning in small arms shells from running around in the woods or a convoy blank/live fire? Try not to be missing too much by weight.

This is common sense ammo management. Anything HE, training versions of HE, used grenade pins, full small arms ammo cases, etc- turn it into the ASP if it's something you don't want walking away. Otherwise just weigh the brass.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Is turning in spent brass from 5.56 blanks something the regular Army normally does?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yes

It’s generally more or less strict based on what you’re doing. Whenever I had a unit out in the field doing STX lanes training or a convoy blankfire where they’re covering ground, we’d usually just have the BN CDR preemptively sign a memo saying of course we didn’t find all the blanks, and that was enough for the ASP as long as you brought back all the crates the ammo was issued in.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Weird, I've never heard of a Guard unit having to turn in blank brass. Wonder why it's different.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Re:Martello I had a bit of a think on this and wanted to remind people to be careful with the personal details we know, and it shouldn't have to be said but internet detectivery and doxxing unrevealed information will get hit hard. Dude is alleged to have done something bad but he will get his day in court without internet fuckery.

E: Also I don't want GiP in the loving news again

EBB fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 9, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Greenside Navy checking in, they don't give a poo poo about blanks. Well they say "hey save them" but gently caress putting a red lens light on your loving pit to find some 5.56

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EBB posted:

Re:Martello I had a bit of a think on this and wanted to remind people to be careful with the personal details we know, and it shouldn't have to be said but internet detectivery and doxxing unrevealed information will get hit hard. Dude is alleged to have done something bad but he will get his day in court without internet fuckery.

E: Also I don't want GiP in the loving news again

doesn't this make us the literal forum for (alleged) murderers and war criminals tho

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I say alleged to use neutral pre-trial language. Not trying to say "this didn't happen" in any way.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i am too though

after the trial maybe i'll edit it

we could even change the mouseover to something like 'ok fine, murderers and war criminals, you got us'

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m friends with Martello on Facebook and this thread answered some really strange questions I had.

Fuckin’ lol.

Outta 5 shots fired how many hit? Has the coroners report been released showing a GiP proud tight shot group?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Outta 5 shots fired how many hit? Has the coroners report been released showing a GiP proud tight shot group?

Don't test the waters.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What did they allegedly do? I wasn't around then and the only real murderer I know is in military jail.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Soulex posted:

What did they allegedly do? I wasn't around then and the only real murderer I know is in military jail.

scroll up/go back a page

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vasudus posted:

doesn't this make us the literal forum for (alleged) murderers and war criminals tho

TFR still probably has you beat on both.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I mean there is no allegedly about it, he shot and killed an unarmed man.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rhymenoserous posted:

TFR still probably has you beat on both.

TFR had the weirdo puckin poster who then murder-suicided and a guy who disappeared after being called out for bragging about being in some non-US Eastern European or former Soviet state military that killed homosexuals and other undesirables.

No idea whether the latter was talking poo poo.

TFR and GIP can share noted piece of poo poo GI Joe Dirtbag

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

TFR had the weirdo puckin poster who then murder-suicided and a guy who disappeared after being called out for bragging about being in some non-US Eastern European or former Soviet state military that killed homosexuals and other undesirables.

No idea whether the latter was talking poo poo.

As a dirtbag I resent this.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Who claims Caro though?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

We had that ROTC kid that was a literal rapist. It’s in the hell dump goldmine. Dude was super goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

The Rat posted:

Who claims Caro though?

As a war criminal he's probably ours.