Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i was in excruciating sinus pain last night and couldn't sleep for a few hours so now im really tired going in to work, where i'm gonna be short-handed and stressed because my co-worker is on vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
awwwwwwww poo poo yeah I remember this thread from long ago.

I didn't take my Sertraline today and every spare moment at my non-thinking job I reviewed all the pertinent facts of my failed marriage, down to the barest simple slight.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A policeman showed up at our door about an hour ago and told us my sister had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance for taking a bunch of pills, and wouldn't tell anyone what they were. Gave him a list of her medications (She's on bipolar stuff) and that was that. If she were in critical condition that he knew of, I'm sure he would've told us.

I don't like that I'm neither terribly surprised nor particularly worried by this happening.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Didn’t take medication on time, on verge of panic attack. Same thing happened a few days ago except I thought I’d be fine to get some groceries but nope! Threw up all over the floor and the manager came over and gave the loudest audible sigh in existence. Thanks, rear end in a top hat! 50+ people around and the one one that helped me was an obese guy in a motorized scooter who got me some water. Anyways today I won’t leave the bed until my medicine kicks in fully.

2 lousy poo poo days to complain about!

Just FYI: I’m not intentionally being irresponsible, my work schedule is such that I work 5am some days and 12 pm some days and I’m so tired recently that I 2x now unintentionally/sleepily shut of my 4am alarm on the 12pm days.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Numerous people at work are getting sick with heat stroke and exhaustion because they're being forced to work in 30C+ conditions in a building that's like 400 square feet that funnels thousands of people through each day. There's been days it's been over 10,000 people. A couple days have been 15,000. Not even joking. Someone is going to end up in the hospital or worse. They have no air conditioning and there's a heat wave and there's no plans to fix it. It's insane and cruel.

My location has air con thank god. If I had to do even a single day in that other shop I would probably be dead because I have illnesses that cause severe heat intolerance and I would just end up as one of those people who died in the heatwave.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My drawer at work would've been numerically perfect/balanced, as long as I rightfully allocated a few bucks to the change machine.

I forgot to allocate a few bucks to the change machine :(

Add for more content: I think my stress levels are rising more than I thought, because my mouth is breaking out in canker sores. I've got at least two. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 2, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Numerous people at work are getting sick with heat stroke and exhaustion because they're being forced to work in 30C+ conditions in a building that's like 400 square feet that funnels thousands of people through each day. There's been days it's been over 10,000 people. A couple days have been 15,000. Not even joking. Someone is going to end up in the hospital or worse. They have no air conditioning and there's a heat wave and there's no plans to fix it. It's insane and cruel.

My location has air con thank god. If I had to do even a single day in that other shop I would probably be dead because I have illnesses that cause severe heat intolerance and I would just end up as one of those people who died in the heatwave.

Our HVAC broke yesterday and it’s 90 degrees in our store. Knowing our area manager, it won’t be fixed for weeks, maybe even months.

Speaking of the area manager, him and the GM of the store are loving with peoples hours—adjusting them, as well as pay rates; which, in most cases, is illegal due to the pay raise law that just passed.

Oh you better believe I’m calling the regional director tomorrow, and if that doesn’t work, I’m calling the owner of the company.

I hope this piece of garbage area manager gets fired.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just found out my piecrcer passed away.

I was getting two piercings put back in cause it’s ~illegal~ or whatever the gently caress to have a Monroe and whatever. I was already thinking in the back of my head that I’m not gonna take these out next time cause we’re gonna get a bad score regardless (corporate rates us). I’m already swollen as poo poo and I’m pain and now my piercer is dead. gently caress you corporate, you’re the one who deserves to die.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
My kid and his girlfriend have been visiting his mom for the summer. Talking to him has been like pulling teeth and today I found out why - he's not actually staying with his mom but with a friend who lives in squalor, his girlfriend is emotionally and physically abusing him (she controls where he goes and what he spends money on, and he's been showing up with bruises he can't explain), and as a result he can't hold down a job and he's verging on alcohol abuse at 18 just to get through the day. And he's thousands of miles away, and I can't be there to support him (even if I could afford to fly out, I'm on call for work), so I have to rely on his mom to sort him out. :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
One of the programs on my computer isn't working right, and while the problem is a known one, 90% of the comment are grognards going "lol so whut don't use it".

Like, yeah, the software that comes with GeForce cards, GeForce Experience, isn't that important a program, but it's hey-here's-our-suggested-settings feature is kinda nice, and I just want it to work to get a decent starting point for a new video card.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
I've been trying to escape from my crappy job for ages and on Wednesday, I finally had an interview at great place that's just like my current job only better in every respect: better pay, an actual work environment with people working together full benefits, the works. I went into that interview excited for the first time in a long time. This was a job I really wanted to have and I didn't need to feel nervous about what the future would hold if I got it! I was personable, I told them I was used to the software they use, and i described how working at a small MSP comes with a lot of challenges, but I've risen to the occasion and overcome every obstacle thrown at me. I nailed that interview!

Come to hear today that no, I didn't nail it. Turns out those stories about tough times at work came across as being too negative and me harboring too much resentment toward the job and my boss. Now on back at square one again, and reading the news about it at some client's rat-invested dump while people come up and try to push their issues to the front of the queue.

It's been a bad year for me: close friend killed herself, girlfriend dumped me, another close friend ghosted me, the rest of my social circle has up and disintegrated leaving just me and my now widower friend, and my mom's moving away (I encouraged her to do so because it's too expensive where she lives and she wants to leave anyway). I really need a W, but every setback like this seems to leave me with less and less energy for the next attempt.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Someone stole my fiance's wallet so there goes rent money. On top of that I have a nasry cold. This is the perfect end to a lovely week.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Vice put out a video yesterday about hardcore incels (well, one and the tinychat he runs) and with a morbid curiosity dove a bit too far down that rabbit hole *shudders*

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
New class schedules posted for the next semester and I'm losing all of my buddies in the restructuring :smith:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ugh I drove an hour and a half each way for a job interview I'm very interested in only to completely blank out on how ARP works or what it stands for. I seriously need to get away from my current situation before something terrible happens bur I'm just not having any luck.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My illnesses are serious making me afraid of the heat. I can't handle it, I get sick instantly when I step outside. The smoke is getting bad too. I'm going to be one of those people who die in a heatwave.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had at least a dozen different chances to come out to some friends of mine, and I chickened out each and every time.

Trusting people shouldn't be this hard, and yet this is the world we live in :smith:

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We've been having an infestation of mice lately that have been getting in and on the top of the stove to nibble our food; and so we have left traps around, with one of the traps being inside the oven when its not being used

Until my dad didn't check before turning the oven this afternoon. No one noticed all the smoke until my mom came home from grocery shopping and we opened the door to find a melted trap and one very roasted rodent. After extraction from the crime scene, his little charred body left a perfect outline as a reminder for their hungry brethren. We didn't eat it.

Rest in delicious peace.

cinni has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Aug 8, 2018

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Well it turns out literally every single one of my co-workers is racist except for the guy who's going to be fired soon because he's a bad mechanic

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
It was my birthday yesterday. Literally half the family forgot. I did get to go have awesome fondue tho, so that was nice.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Astrofig posted:

It was my birthday yesterday. Literally half the family forgot. I did get to go have awesome fondue tho, so that was nice.

Happy belated birthday!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

Well it turns out literally every single one of my co-workers is racist except for the guy who's going to be fired soon because he's a bad mechanic

Does racism lead to being good at fixing cars???

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Decades of German engineering say "yes!"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

loving poo poo, it's not even noon and the day has already blown up.

My MIL in NZ runs a very woo-woo health-food operation. We're in the States, driving over to meet her in Canada next week. She has a bad habit of mailing poo poo to us, unasked (always, always unasked) to bring to her when we meet. Usually a book or some harmless pseudoscience junk.

A couple days back she said she sent us a(nother) package to bring her. Today she tells us, oh, by the way, it's CBD. CBD is illegal in my state (unless you have a medical marijuana card and buy it from a dispensary), and pretty loving illegal to schlep into Canada. If we accept this package, we're potentially facing federal charges, and my husband could lose his green card. What the gently caress?

He's told her he won't be bringing it to Canada, at least; I'm researching how to refuse a package. gently caress that noise. Goddamn. I don't even want his name on the loving box.

This is the straw that broke the mule's back. For gently caress's sake. Never again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You literally just tell the mailman you refuse delivery.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

You literally just tell the mailman you refuse delivery.
Yes, if we can catch him. We can also write REFUSED on the box and take it right to the post office. We can send it back with the UPS guy, too--we don't know how it's been shipped. (We also don't know when it'll arrive. It could show up while we're gone and sit at the distro center till we return, and then we'll refuse it.)

Ideally the shipper will have the sense to not send the product to a state where it's illegal. You see notations here and then for various products, "Cannot be shipped to CA, HI, PR," that kind of thing. Fingers crossed. I'm mostly furious at my MIL for not bothering to check if she could or should send it.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Decades of German engineering say "yes!"

:piss:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I left work in a wheelchair today. I am not surprised and I hate this heat and smoke. I'm at home in bed now.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

I left work in a wheelchair today. I am not surprised and I hate this heat and smoke. I'm at home in bed now.

Feel better!

At work we've had a really bad ant problem on one of the windowsills - we had an exterminator in on monday but they've come back!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

BioEnchanted posted:

Feel better!

At work we've had a really bad ant problem on one of the windowsills - we had an exterminator in on monday but they've come back!

I was on the bus and felt something on my hand and looked at my hand and it was a big rear end ant. I already looked like a hobo cause I was carrying two giant bags so I don’t think shaking my hand and blowing on it helped.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone ever have one of those days where you gently caress up a simple task you do multiple times every day which causes an anti money laundering protocol to restrict $14 million of your client's assets the day they were closing on a huge foreign real estate deal? And they are less than pleased that they'll have to wait until Monday for everything to be fixed because your entire KYC escalation team is off on the weekends and leave at 5pm EST?

Cause I'm having one of those days.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

loving poo poo, it's not even noon and the day has already blown up.

My MIL in NZ runs a very woo-woo health-food operation. We're in the States, driving over to meet her in Canada next week. She has a bad habit of mailing poo poo to us, unasked (always, always unasked) to bring to her when we meet. Usually a book or some harmless pseudoscience junk.

A couple days back she said she sent us a(nother) package to bring her. Today she tells us, oh, by the way, it's CBD. CBD is illegal in my state (unless you have a medical marijuana card and buy it from a dispensary), and pretty loving illegal to schlep into Canada. If we accept this package, we're potentially facing federal charges, and my husband could lose his green card. What the gently caress?

He's told her he won't be bringing it to Canada, at least; I'm researching how to refuse a package. gently caress that noise. Goddamn. I don't even want his name on the loving box.

This is the straw that broke the mule's back. For gently caress's sake. Never again.

Yeah, tell her in no uncertain terms to never mail anything to you again.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I couldn't make my normal huel-milk-banana-vanilla breakfast smoothie today because I forgot to pick up some bananas last night. So I had to settle for an alternate, huel-milk-mint smoothie.

I mean, it's still good, but not as good as normal.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My dachshund, Chester, couldn't walk yesterday. Took him to the emergency vet and they confirmed it was a slipped disc. He stayed there overnight and got a surgeon consult and CT scan this morning.

Even with surgery he has maybe a 50% chance of ever walking again, and reduced quality of life.

I'm in a bathroom stall at work just trying not to cry.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm so sorry :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

DrBouvenstein posted:

My dachshund, Chester, couldn't walk yesterday. Took him to the emergency vet and they confirmed it was a slipped disc. He stayed there overnight and got a surgeon consult and CT scan this morning.

Even with surgery he has maybe a 50% chance of ever walking again, and reduced quality of life.

I'm in a bathroom stall at work just trying not to cry.

Hey man I had the same problem. Make ABSOLUTE sure they do fenestration when they do the surgery. Get water therapy and physical therapy. Make sure he doesn’t jump whatsoever or run after the surgery, and get one of those body collars, NEVER use a neck collar. My dachshund is 100% recovered now. Don’t worry, it may turn out fine. I’m here if you have any questions, PM me if you want.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
As for me, my mom calls me this morning to yell at me and calls me selfish and all sorts of other poo poo. Then some guy at work I was trying to help cause they’re loving all of us over sent me a threatening text. I blocked him but it hurt. And I just woke up to this poo poo. Everyone at work hates me too and the store and area manager hate me too because they’re crazy. I don’t know whether to cry, be angry, or down a huge bottle of vodka.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Why do hospitals play Food Network on their TVs when surgery patients aren't allowed to eat. I'm so hungry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do hospitals play Food Network on their TVs when surgery patients aren't allowed to eat. I'm so hungry.

When I worked at food service we had people call in from the ER for delivery of giant food orders because “I’m starving.” We couldn’t deny it cause we’re not medical people so we would have to deliver like, huge pizzas to people in the ER :psyduck: :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lol what the gently caress. Isn't there a rule stating no food or drink in the unit? For sanitary reasons? My gift shop has stickers on our door so people don't get our toys dirty. That's crazy.