Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

i agree the second one isnt based around avenging an animal and thus cant be as good as the first

I have other issues with it but that is a valid point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Samuringa posted:

One of her scenes was posted right in the previous page, so

I mean, still watch and rewatch John Wick multiple times, but it's there.

I didn't want to watch the clip because of spoilers. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In the very last scene of John Wick 2 where he's running through the park I was expecting the baby in the pram that one female assassin was pushing to pull out a mobile phone and reveal that it was an assassin too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
change a babys diaper and discover that all babies are trying to kill :barf:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
John wick 3 is supposed to have ruby rose back in the same role.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Why should Batwoman be physically imposing?

For once I'd love to see a member of the bat family portrayed as a stealth detective first and a buff punch master second.

They can always change it, but comic Batwoman was basically whisked around the world to learn from a bunch of super skilled hand to hand fighters by her father.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

I didn't want to watch the clip because of spoilers. :(

It's not a spoiler to say John Wick kills almost everyone he fights except when he decides to spare them.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Why should Batwoman be physically imposing?

For once I'd love to see a member of the bat family portrayed as a stealth detective first and a buff punch master second.

Once you've done the leg work to figure out that this is a Bane gambit and not the work of Two Face, you're going to need to be able to punch way more than you're going to need a magnifying glass.

But seriously, is that not Tim Drake?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

John wick 3 is supposed to have ruby rose back in the same role.

i totally thought she died lol

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

They can always change it, but comic Batwoman was basically whisked around the world to learn from a bunch of super skilled hand to hand fighters by her father.

Exactly, and there are plenty of martial arts that don't rely on size or muscle mass.

SonicRulez posted:

Once you've done the leg work to figure out that this is a Bane gambit and not the work of Two Face, you're going to need to be able to punch way more than you're going to need a magnifying glass.

Only if Bane outsmarts you or you suck at being a ninja. If Batwoman comes up against Bane she'll need to play it smart not lift more weights, regardless of which actress plays her.

SonicRulez posted:

But seriously, is that not Tim Drake?

And so far he hasn't been portrayed in a movie or TV show. I guess the cartoon versions have been good.

Punch Fest should be a last resort and yet all Batmedia has to revolve around it and all actors have to be jacked.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 8, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batwoman isn't a ninja, she knows military CQC stuff.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

She’s Marine, right? We used a martial art called MCMAP which was, lIke, a mixture of jiu-jitsu, judo, freestyle/folkstyle wrestling, Krav Maga, and some striking and weapon fighting systems. It’s actually pretty intense and super useful.

I’m also a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I often get school by a 5 foot tall BJJ black belt that is 130 pounds lighter than me. Don’t let the size fool you — “smaller” people can hurt just about anyone if trained well

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

She’s Marine, right? We used a martial art called MCMAP which was, lIke, a mixture of jiu-jitsu, judo, freestyle/folkstyle wrestling, Krav Maga, and some striking and weapon fighting systems. It’s actually pretty intense and super useful.

I’m also a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I often get school by a 5 foot tall BJJ black belt that is 130 pounds lighter than me. Don’t let the size fool you — “smaller” people can hurt just about anyone if trained well

This means nothing to the kind of nerds who are complaining. These are the same people that fan cast everything with what ever wrestler they know the name of that looks vaguely like a character.

Also, she will almost certainly have the same generic cheap tv martial art style from Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or just fight like Digg who has the same backstory.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Punch Fest should be a last resort if you're a police officer. If you're surrounded by 30 killer penguin robots, you're going to want to be jacked.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah this is a Berlanti joint, vomit.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SonicRulez posted:

Punch Fest should be a last resort if you're a police officer. If you're surrounded by 30 killer penguin robots, you're going to want to be jacked.

Or toss an EMP grenade. Leave Punch Fest for other heroes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

She has pretty legit reasons for being punchy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Or toss an EMP grenade. Leave Punch Fest for other heroes.

I feel like you are talking about Kate, but what you really want is Renee.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Or just fight like Digg who has the same backstory.

I thought Digg was Army, not Marines?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought he joined some non specific Special Forces thing after the Army but it doesn't look like it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

And so far he hasn't been portrayed in a movie or TV show. I guess the cartoon versions have been good.

I thought Tim Drake was kicking around in the last season of Young Justice.

And how often has Batwoman had to tangle with Bane or Bruce's other muscle villains anyway? It's not like the show is Batman But a Lady, she'll have her own villains to punch right?

Sure I think he was one of the villains in that animated Mystery of the Batwoman movie, so that's one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

theironjef posted:

And how often has Batwoman had to tangle with Bane or Bruce's other muscle villains anyway? It's not like the show is Batman But a Lady, she'll have her own villains to punch right?

Sure I think he was one of the villains in that animated Mystery of the Batwoman movie, so that's one.

I could be wrong, I haven't read it since it was new, but I feel like she fought Killer Croc early in her New 52 book.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

theironjef posted:

He was. Dick because Nightwing and Tim was Robin.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
And Jason was dead right? He was in their hologram memorial?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Yep. We saw it after Artemis "died."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've heard Marvel Rising Starts soon but is there an actual date for it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tonight, at 7:30 on Disney xD

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Tonight, at 7:30 on Disney xD

Well, that was sooner than I figured. Nice.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Hulu is going to have all 13 episodes of The Runaways Season 2 available on December 21st:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/all-13-episodes-of-marvel-s-runaways-season-2-to-premiere-on-december-21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who's excited for new Arrow?
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1029514993618886656

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is he talking about the script, or on-set abuse for S6?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I never saw s1 so y'all are gonna have to tell me if this looks better or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvWB0GwCek

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Seems better. Netflix show trailers aren't very helpful though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I finished the latest season of Gotham yesterday. I quite liked the last few episodes and thought the season was decent enough. Looking forward to the last season now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

zoux posted:

I never saw s1 so y'all are gonna have to tell me if this looks better or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvWB0GwCek

Well it looks really cool, but you can never judge a property by it's trailer. After the way Danny was in everything but his own series, Colleen in everything, and the addition of Misty, I think I'm on board.

EDIT: That was a typo VVV

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 16, 2018

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

SonicRulez posted:

Well it looks really cool, but you can never judge a property by it's trailer. After the way Danny was in everything but Luke Cage, Colleen in everything, and the addition of Misty, I think I'm on board.

Danny was in Luke Cage S2 and I like the acting and the writing they had for him; it's picked up tremendously from IF S1.

Pattycake !

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bessantj posted:

I finished the latest season of Gotham yesterday. I quite liked the last few episodes and thought the season was decent enough. Looking forward to the last season now.

The only thing I hated about the last season or two of Gotham is The Mad hatter is such an insufferable chapter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

The only thing I hated about the last season or two of Gotham is The Mad hatter is such an insufferable chapter.

It doesn't help that the dude they cast is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

It doesn't help that the dude they cast is terrible.

Yea, the actor is terrible, his gimmick about everything rhyming is incredibly tedious and cliche and hackish, he's insanely powerful for the show, and his insane creepy obsession with his sister that killed herself to get away from him just makes your bones itch.

The Mad Hatter in the comics never felt like much of a threat, and honestly feels like something that was created in the Golden Age when there were tons of characters based on public domain characters like that. loving Mother Hubbard had a comic.