Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you’re having a lot of trouble with Girl Power Station, watch a YouTube of someone doing it and just copy them. They always drop in set spawns the key is to splat as many of them as you can when they jump in and save a splashdown when it gets really hectic at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I'm sure I'll get it eventually. It's just that at 2000 a pop it's still kinda expensive to keep failing at. I'm comfortable with my 30k credits, but with some levels costing as high as 3000 I don't want make it the thing I do right now.

Still it's good to know there's a path to beating it. I think it's all worth it for the Spice Girls references. Not a thing I'd of expected in a game coming out in 2018.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not expecting yall to know or care much about SiIvaGunner, but their crew is doing a tourney thing over on youtube. Our Squid & Octo duet (along with Glenna from the Chirpy Chips) are up against the meme boys, the WAH Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCWnnvGNZA

So go vote for the right side. Also I still haven't finished all of the expansion yet. I've got maybe 15-20 to go, including Girl Power.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I kind of want a t-shirt.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I've been getting more into ranked mode lately and it's been interesting seeing how play changes on the road to (as of this evening) A-rank. if you think you don't want to try ranked, give it a shot anyways.

I'm not sure how I got the second of these three splats:
https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/105/020/original/1b03d620dcfb76e7.mp4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lazlo Nibble posted:

I kind of want a t-shirt.

If you actually love the weapon you would Main it after a nerf

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I've been getting more into ranked mode lately and it's been interesting seeing how play changes on the road to (as of this evening) A-rank. if you think you don't want to try ranked, give it a shot anyways.

I'm not sure how I got the second of these three splats:

The guy probably stood in your ink storm for too long

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I just got this game. Who is agent ch and why are there a bunch of people making custom avatars for him just because he passed a kidney stone?

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
They're a prolific plaza artist.

You can find their posts here:
https://twitter.com/AgentCH/media

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
three loving tower control matches in a row lost in overtime. I'm throwing this game in the garbage

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Pick up a weapon with stingray and you will never have this problem again

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I really want to get better at playing with umbrellas. I think they're really cool weapons, and while I've yet to unlock the tentabrella the few times I've used it in single-player it seems awesome. I just find that they're ammo sinks, so I need to get some tokens to combat that. Also, I get nowhere near the scores I get in Turf War when I use Tri-slosher or an N-Zap.

The Undercover Brella is neat as it's automatic but I find it a touch weak. Any advice for the regular Splatbrella or even the Tent version?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

In Training posted:

If you actually love the weapon you would Main it after a nerf

Yeah, like the tri-slosher!

Please ignore the splattershot jr. in my hand.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I don't know why, but this Salmon Run shift has been infuriating. Disconnects everywhere. No one pops stingray on Mothership. Stood next to about a dozen eggs on Goldie Seeking spamming "This way!" for a full minutes while everyone else opened more valves. Christ Almighty, these were terrible players.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Either I've had a long run of extremely bad luck or the update made high tide rounds way rarer.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

Either I've had a long run of extremely bad luck or the update made high tide rounds way rarer.

I wish I had your "bad" luck more often.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I wish I had your "bad" luck more often.

edit: Speaking of which.

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1026842181477134337

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is why high tide is the best

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Guy Goodbody posted:

this is why high tide is the best

Last time I did Salmon Run the rest of the team wiped on the grates because they parked a car there and couldn't escape a steelhead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I had a full shift of three high tide rounds.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I had a full shift of three high tide rounds.

Same. Good thing the current set is capable of handling it.

https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1026934453292003328

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A small update on SiIvaGunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU6ZsSQUIUs
The girls are going to the Finals, against Unregistered HyperCam 2. They'll need all the luck they can get to win.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I had quite a few Danger Level MAX runs this Salmon Run. Almost as much as the Grizzco only weekend. I suppose it's a good set, even if I'm pretty crappy with the new Splatling (is the sound it makes from the single player moving platform drums?)

I did have one set that ended with back to back Griller rounds. Ended in disaster since we used too many specials in the first.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
Bob Loblaw lobs only lawful* blob bombs.
https://twitter.com/switchdotjpeg/status/1027314098969559040

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 8, 2018

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Clam Blitz seems to be the least affected by the addition of Rank X (from an OCE perspective) because holy moley are matches completely unbalanced.

Didn't stop me though.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

clamtastic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

Clam Blitz seems to be the least affected by the addition of Rank X (from an OCE perspective) because holy moley are matches completely unbalanced.

Didn't stop me though.

Nice work! :woomy: What's been your weapon of choice for CB?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Inkbrush Nouveau lol.

e: Thanks!

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 9, 2018

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
What's the secret to the babmoozler? And don't say something fake like good aim or the power of teamwork. :orks:

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The secret to the the Bamboozler is shooting people.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Is there a specific way i should be using gyro aim? It still feels weird. I've mostly been doing gyro for only verticle and r stick for horizontal.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BrightWing posted:

Is there a specific way i should be using gyro aim? It still feels weird. I've mostly been doing gyro for only verticle and r stick for horizontal.

Gyro didn't click for me until I cranked it allllll the way up. What sensitivity setting are you on?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Stan Taylor posted:

Gyro didn't click for me until I cranked it allllll the way up. What sensitivity setting are you on?

I'm just under default i think. Ive played around with adjusting it a little, default felt way too twitchy to me.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BrightWing posted:

I'm just under default i think. Ive played around with adjusting it a little, default felt way too twitchy to me.

Cranking it up makes it feel much smoother. More like using a wiimote and moving the cursor around. Seriously just slam it all the way up and give it a shot.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Il give it a try tonight. Still need to power through some solo stuff anyways.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
is there any way I can duct tape the individual joycons together with some cardboard to make a makeshift super scope and play that way??? I don't want to get the joycons all sticky for nothing, folks

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ZeButler posted:

Pretty much. The Bamboozler's biggest problem is that it can miss. If you can take that away, you've got a monster in your hands.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

GANDHITRON posted:

is there any way I can duct tape the individual joycons together with some cardboard to make a makeshift super scope and play that way??? I don't want to get the joycons all sticky for nothing, folks

No, only a Zapper. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6wIh5huiQk

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I was just poo poo posting but that's actually incredibly bad rear end and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

ZeButler posted:

woah man, is that even legal?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Pretty much. The Bamboozler's biggest problem is that it can miss. If you can take that away, you've got a monster in your hands.

That kind of makes sense. It can't one shot, but that second shot comes out real fast.

Doesn't help that all of the weapons I've used before are fairly generous with their aim.