Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

If this doesn't win and I can't rock it on MNK I will riot.

If this wins I hope they go all out and I can rock an Abdul caster set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Soken owns and is too good for this world.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I've been trying to get a delinquent/banchou look going for my SAM glam, so I hope it gets a wooden sword to go with it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else conflicted with fantasia just for glams? I've switched a few times but every time I see a new female glam I'm like this close to changing back but money. Somedays I just feel like wearing a pretty dress but player limitations.

I'll always have my retainers :sigh:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/833270855782297600

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Alder posted:

Anyone else conflicted with fantasia just for glams? I've switched a few times but every time I see a new female glam I'm like this close to changing back but money. Somedays I just feel like wearing a pretty dress but player limitations.

Before the aestician, I used my free fantasia just to change my hairstyle.

What we need is to be able to attach a specific hairstyle to a Glamour plate.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

World War Mammories posted:

whenever soken is allowed to speak freely he can't stop bringing up how much he loves knee-socks. his username on twitter is the pun "knee-soken". one of the soundtrack albums has a secret track that has to be unlocked with the password "ii" because when it's written in japanese hiragana, いい, it reminds soken of the exposed thighs between a short skirt and thigh-highs (well, it kinda looks like it in english too, now that I look at it). thanks for reading my gossip post about a japanese game developer.

I thought いい was a reference to Haurchefant...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Wacky Delly posted:

Before the aestician, I used my free fantasia just to change my hairstyle.

Yoship please please please do so. :pray:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Alder posted:

Now that squad glams are a thing there's another way to display your gender-locked gear and actually take it out into the field with command missions. It's given me an excuse to buy the old seasonal gear I couldn't equip myself and shove it into the armoire. Though I don't actually use it since I put my squad in Maelstrom gear. I've doubled down on ARR hunts because I must needs having my crew running around in the elite set.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Uematsu and Soken being goofs is adorable.

And also means they may be working on the next expansions main song...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do people still share character portraits in here?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

FactsAreUseless posted:

yes

good portrait btw

roes are cool and good

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Wacky Delly posted:

:emptyquote:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's confirmation bias in my opinion, FFXIV has two/three pretty good RNG algorithm's that they use. Good rng is supposed to be streaky because that's how statistics on luck come out.
Also everyone remembers the times they fail a thing three/four times in a row on high odds of success and not the times they succeed on low odds of success three/four times in a row.

I've quick synthed HQ things five times in a row. You literally cannot get lower odds of getting HQ than that.

The RNG is perfectly servicable.
Players being bad at statistics is exactly why I'd be tempted to lie about it, like a lot of games do.

Now that I have a bigger sample size, I'm convinced that my freakishly good luck on the level 53 Miner and Botanist quests was probably just chance, though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ever and always.

Yes, it's a mod.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Crafting is a worrying amount of fun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Until it starts taking up 90% of your bag space.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
100% and all your gil.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

FactsAreUseless posted:

roegadayum

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I just want to make glamour prisms, and by god I will hammer the hell out of these earrings for that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

orcane posted:

100% and all your gil.
That was my experience getting one DoH class to level 37.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm levelling my DoHs right now. Thank goodness I'm filthy rich already, as I'm just buying stuff off the marketboard and turning them in for leves and GC turn ins.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Did this robot just talk about my arse. :catstare:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

After 65 levels of MSQ plus the occasional dungeon, this whole "actually doing quests" thing is really loving me up

on the other hand I just remembered to unlock HoH so now I get to level slightly faster while also remembering the pre-60 joy of pubs who couldn't give a gently caress about going fast because by god they're going to open every bronze chest in this dang level and they're going to kill every single mob on the way

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Safeword posted:

I just want to make glamour prisms, and by god I will hammer the hell out of these earrings for that.
I just buy them for GC seals.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hogama posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/50d73607cbd2e026586c2ddd7bd6a163d1e3120e

The Melee and Ranged Physical DPS set design finalists have been up for a while, with 48 in each category.
There's some dedicated komusou fans out there; the ol' basket bascinet turns up in both lists.

There's some really great ones in there and I hope they do what they did with the Tank stuff and use it as Tome gear so we get versions for other roles.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is it

ever not

that ti-oh dear petting failure

Also, we got a bunch of people first clears on O5S a couple of days ago. :toot: On to O6S, or back to O5S for the next group of goons who need that!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pix or it didn't happen

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

/gpose is the most important raid lesson

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm convinced the only reason my static keeps me around is for my victory screenshot abilities.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Perfect timing to post my new tank glamour; instead of doing anything, the entirety of my playtime last night was putting this together

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

So I did my crafting overmelds last night, and uh :shepicide:

I was told it was going to be bad going in, but I didn't expect that. Just watching 60k gil disappear every time a 17% or 10% chance Control+7 materia decides it doesn't feel like going in the slot today. I single-handedly dragged crafting materia costs up on my server over the course of a couple hours.

Also, I was really feeling what ya'll said earlier about the RNG being "streaky." Things either went into their slots on the first or second attempt or took 30+ tries. Never anything in the middle.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I'm down about 30 mil trying to meld my crafting gear, and I've been going the cheap route (no tier VI overmelds, tier IV materia in the last two overmelds slots on my tools).

At least I only have one mainhand and offhand to finish before I'm done melding until next expansion. :shepicide:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Automated Posting posted:

So I did my crafting overmelds last night, and uh :shepicide:

I was told it was going to be bad going in, but I didn't expect that. Just watching 60k gil disappear every time a 17% or 10% chance Control+7 materia decides it doesn't feel like going in the slot today. I single-handedly dragged crafting materia costs up on my server over the course of a couple hours.

Also, I was really feeling what ya'll said earlier about the RNG being "streaky." Things either went into their slots on the first or second attempt or took 30+ tries. Never anything in the middle.

Overmelding is where your gil goes to die.

And yeah FFXIV has some serious RNG issues. Maybe not Warframe or Dominions 3 level kind of bad, but not particularly smooth.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Looks like Michael Cera.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Elentor posted:

And yeah FFXIV has some serious RNG issues. Maybe not Warframe or Dominions 3 level kind of bad, but not particularly smooth.

Pfft, Warframe's RNG is fine. See, this whip has a 500% chance to crit every time I swing it. Consistency!

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I'm down about 30 mil trying to meld my crafting gear, and I've been going the cheap route (no tier VI overmelds, tier IV materia in the last two overmelds slots on my tools).
As a miser, I consider your cheap route to be extravagant. I use V for guaranteed slots and IV for overmelds other than the last one which I skip. All it costs me is doing weekly scrip turnins, where I end up ahead on gil due to selling off excess materia.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Stop giving away my money-making strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Pfft, Warframe's RNG is fine. See, this whip has a 500% chance to crit every time I swing it. Consistency!

Wait wha? What does that even mean? :pwn: