Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

endlessmonotony posted:

TeslaCoin confirmed. Get a premined TeslaCoin for every day your Model 3 sits in the factory mining it.

https://twitter.com/valleyhack/status/1027637938568421377

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
lol when your pet biographer starts dunking on you

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

I would be in favor of this if we could ever get the transmission efficiency up
Isn't HVDC enough better that there could at least be large regional grids?

Phobophilia posted:

mohammed bin salman is incredibly stupid and i would not put it beyond him to try and secure a a bunch of rotting teslas
Keep an eye out for videos of Saudi princes doing stupid stunts with Teslas.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Agronox posted:

lol when your pet biographer starts dunking on you

Being the biographer in the retinue of an oligarch must be so maddening and tedious

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pigz posted:

Tesla board to meet with banks next week. Likely to ask Musk to recuse himself.

Still no details on where the funding would come from or who the banks are.

This kind of thing makes it seem clear that Musk was definitely exaggerating with 'funding secured' and 'only need shareholder approval' in his tweets

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/09/tesla-board-tells-elon-musk-to-recuse-himself-prepares-to-review-take.html

Depends on how thoroughly the loans were sliced up and syndicated throughout the banking system...

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

twoday posted:

Being the biographer in the retinue of an oligarch must be so maddening and tedious

It sounds like the easiest job in the world op

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it
I just read this post from the linked Tesla delivery thread and it almost made me angry on this pussy bitch's behalf

quote:

Just had my delivery "rescheduled" for the SECOND time this afternoon....

First email from IDA was on 7/25 for pick up in SoCal Costa Mesa on 7/31. I had travel planned 7/31 to 8/3 in SF for work so I tried to move it to following week or weekend. They told me that if I didn't pick up the car within 7 days of it being at Costa Mesa (Car was apparently at delivery center on Friday 7/27 but first appointment available was 7/31) I would have to be "rematched" to new vehicle and that could be 4-6 weeks.

[...]

Fast forward to today I leave work early and get on the freeway to Delivery Center (Granted asking me to fight 5 PM traffic to pick up Tesla sucked but I thought it would be worth the drive.) After being 1 hour in the car drive due to traffic I check my phone to clear messages before walking into Delivery Center.... Lo and behold I had a missed call from Tesla that once again my car was "Undeliverable" due to quality issues.

[...]

Also considering taking my money back since I think they should offer to refund me 100% after missing the delivery twice in a row. The least they could do is offer some super charging for like a month or a floor mat right? lol

I would have demanded my deposit back but screamed the dealer for half an hour first

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tesla stock right now seems like a decent investment: either it gets purchased at $420 which is a big premium or you are a minor part of Musk going to jail. Win/win!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i am regretfully something of a “business nerd” and have been for a long time

and tesla is the craziest fuckin’ large cap company i have ever seen

the dot com days had some ridiculous valuations but everybody at least pretended to be professional. tesla is a three ring circus with your host, hairplug billionaire (featuring Grimes!)

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agronox posted:

i am regretfully something of a “business nerd” and have been for a long time

and tesla is the craziest fuckin’ large cap company i have ever seen

the dot com days had some ridiculous valuations but everybody at least pretended to be professional. tesla is a three ring circus with your host, hairplug billionaire (featuring Grimes!)

in this economy

with these idiot STEM grads

it needs to make as much sense as bitcoin to attract investors

why aren't we launching poo poo into the ground with VC dollars RIGHT NOW is what I'm saying

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I honestly think there's a non-trivial chance Musk flies off the handle and commits a violent crime at some point. He does not strike me as the most stable guy.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I honestly think there's a non-trivial chance Musk flies off the handle and commits a violent crime at some point. He does not strike me as the most stable guy.

whats even the point of being a billionaire if you cant murder homeless people with your bare hands and pay off everyone involved with making it happen

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus posted:

whats even the point of being a billionaire if you cant murder homeless people with your bare hands and pay off everyone involved with making it happen

While on bath salts. Do not neglect the bath salts.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Elon: funding secured lol
SEC: funding secured??? in this economy?
with these idiot STEM grads?
located entirely within silicon valley?????
Elon: yes!
SEC: ...may we see it?
Elon: no

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

While on bath salts. Do not neglect the bath salts.

Do they have molten bath salt reactors yet?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

One of my friends is getting his Model 3 tomorrow and I am looking forward to hearing about it falling apart, but I hope he doesn't die.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Located entirely within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

One of my friends is getting his Model 3 tomorrow and I am looking forward to hearing about it falling apart, but I hope he doesn't die.

He's probably not getting it tomorrow lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

Lol he spent $50,000++ for a broken, trial version of what will probably be a perfectly acceptable $35,000 EV if if he had waited another 8 months or so.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

He owns so much stock, there's no need to influence the price

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Fiend posted:

Do they have molten bath salt reactors yet?

No, despite John McAfee's best efforts. Or perhaps because of them.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

i say swears online posted:

He's probably not getting it tomorrow lol
We're in CT and it looked like all of the posts from the Tesla forum were West Coast, I guess we'll see what happens. Another friend in the area got his recently on schedule with no immediately apparent problems. Maybe a different manufacturing run that wasn't assembled by zombies sustained entirely by energy drinks? I'll keep the thread updated on any problems they run into.

edit: with the quality of CT roads, it seems inevitable that one of them will snap the cast aluminum wishbone suspension pieces after hitting a pothole big enough that it should be classified as a geological feature rather than infrastructure.

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Aug 10, 2018

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

stocktwits.com/symbol/tsla is a fun read

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

:vince:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

also lol that Elon is getting investigated by the SEC over a weed number joke gone awry

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
LOCK
HIM
UP

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Wrist Watch posted:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
so

if youre ever looking at $TSLA on twitter dont click on #musk

that is apparently used for some other stuff

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wulfolme posted:

so

if youre ever looking at $TSLA on twitter dont click on #musk

that is apparently used for some other stuff

The shocking thing about this is that people actually use hashtags.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
so...I heard that analyst call. musk could barely speak. how the gently caress did he get to be a ceo and convince vc firms to throw their money at him? he sure as hell didn’t talk his way into it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

so...I heard that analyst call. musk could barely speak. how the gently caress did he get to be a ceo and convince vc firms to throw their money at him? he sure as hell didn’t talk his way into it.

he was already rich

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shear Modulus posted:

he was already rich

Best way to make a small fortune is being born with a large one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Shear Modulus posted:

he was already rich

duh. of course. I feel dumb for having asked.