Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Sekkira posted:

Does Australia Post accept cooked sausages mailed in an envelope?

Um durr what do you think postal voters do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Hello friends, I am handing out how to vote cards for the mod election. I'm the cool guy, just hanging at the entrance to the polling booth. You know I'm cool and hip because I'm smiling lots and I'm enthusiastic. Also I'm wearing a T-Shirt for the JBP Party (it's poo poo brown coloured and has the party motto of "WE'RE REALLY GOOD AT KILLING TRUCKLOADS OF CHICKEN")

[4] Don't Know
[2] Avshalom
[1] JBP
[5] Jobs and Growth
[3] Anime David

Sekkira posted:

sausage sandwiches

And now we get 350 posts on the correct nomenclature for barbequed sausages placed on top of a piece of bread for consumption.

That phrase is very triggering in this thread.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
[1] Don't Know
[2] Avshalom
[4] JBP
[4] Jobs and Growth
[5] Anime David

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I draw a big cock on the ballot.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/BernardKeane/status/1027458698006822913

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I draw a big cock on the ballot.

Why do you fuckin' hate democracy and freedom pal?!?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Vote 1 Anime David

Semper Games

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sekkira posted:

I just hope they would call out others on the right who have the same position against free speech as well.

you are insanely stupid

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I vote below the line

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

JBP for mod, we don't need AniMurdoch Dave adding another notch to Fox's bedpost

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

BBJoey posted:

you are insanely stupid

No, just naively optimistic.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

No Mod, just run a Mod election every month as it's gotten the post counts flowing and the posts must flow

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

bandaid.friend posted:

[5] Anime David

:kazooieass:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

No Mod, just run a Mod election every month as it's gotten the post counts flowing and the posts must flow

all mods are bastards

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

As the song goes, I ain't got no time for bird sex.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*reads alt text*
that's a yikes from me

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sekkira posted:

sausage sandwiches
This is the best bit of trolling you''ve done.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Why do you fuckin' hate democracy and freedom pal?!?

This is the absolute epitome of Australian democracy and freedom. Why do you hate them so much.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Zenithe posted:

This is the absolute epitome of Australian democracy and freedom. Why do you hate them so much.

I’m so sorry. I completely forgot what our handsome, bronzed ANZACS fought for. I’ll spend the day in quiet contemplation of their feats so as to best honour their memories. Fresh in our memories. Lest we forget.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Shitposting is the mind killer.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So it was rightly pointed out this morning that Barnaby Joyce is still under investigation for sexual harrassment. Has there been any news on that, and do the Libs think that putting him on the backbench (while still getting a fabulous wage and being able to rort allowances like he has previously) is enough? Because it's not?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also whenever someone posts "to own the libs" unironically these days I mentally capitalise the L so it seems like alt-right dickheads are trying to own our right-wing conservative shitheads

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I like how the government refused to give the states the NEG paperwork before the meeting hoping they can force them to sign a deal they haven't read yet.

Also do Facebook Memes run the media now. This foreign aid vs farmer aid bullshit is suddenly on every news bulletin despite both parties coming out to say its bullshit.

Even Dutton and Bishop say it's bullshit.

So why are we talking about bullshit that was designed on some Alt Right discord server?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Anidav posted:

So why are we talking about bullshit that was designed on some Alt Right discord server?

Your supervisor is a member of the Alt Right discord server.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

MiniSune posted:

Shitposting is the mind killer.

That’s why I let it run through me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I like how the government refused to give the states the NEG paperwork before the meeting hoping they can force them to sign a deal they haven't read yet.

Much like the Barrier Reef Foundation being given half a billion with no tender process or application, they just assume everyone works like they do and just do what they're told by their masters

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Anidav posted:

Also do Facebook Memes run the media now. This foreign aid vs farmer aid bullshit is suddenly on every news bulletin despite both parties coming out to say its bullshit.

Even Dutton and Bishop say it's bullshit.

Can we change it to:

BEFORE WE HELP THESE PEOPLE:
(picture of Aussie farmers looking out over a desert)
WE SHOULD HELP THESE PEOPLE:
(picture of a line of bogans waiting in a line at centrelink while checking facebook on their iphones)

I'm not entirely sure what message I'd be pushing with this, but I'm sure somebody else can come up with that.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
making GBS threads on welfare recipients to own the alt right, I guess

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bludgers: People who don't have jobs because there isn't enough jobs for everyone.
Not Bludgers: People who try to farm the 2nd driest continent on earth and ask for money when it's doesn't rain.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

why don't they just farm themselves up by their bootstraps

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/1024386705900494848

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
He would have a point if he was talking about boomers, but I'm gonna take a wiiiild guess and say he's not.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm super over the Facebook meme boomer arguements of "Indonesia gets how much money for aid but ARE FARMERS get nothing."

People not understanding neighbourly compassion, commitment to being a player on the world stage and having small closed minded nationalist conservative position s simply because "Look what Trumps doing for America"

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

he reeeeeally doesn't understand just how many of his peers are in poverty or just keeping their head above water

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Gridlocked posted:

I'm super over the Facebook meme boomer arguements of "Indonesia gets how much money for aid but ARE FARMERS get nothing."

People not understanding neighbourly compassion, commitment to being a player on the world stage and having small closed minded nationalist conservative position s simply because "Look what Trumps doing for America"

There's also a bit of cynical self-interest in it - instability causd by food shortages in a populous near neighbour isn't good for Australia from a diplomatic or security standpoint.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
A quick reminder:

The majority of those farmers vote Nationals every single loving time even if it is directly against their own best interests. Let them loving starve. Wheel a few mobile guillotines out onto the Western Plains if a more humane approach is required.

Vote 1 Cartoon
Share to facebook

Speaking of reminders:

Just what the gently caress is a NEG and why do we need this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Energy_Guarantee

Included for 'balance'

https://www.afr.com/news/explained-how-the-national-energy-guarantee-works-20180413-h0ypih
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...d206f2056321a76

Opposing Labor’s carbon tax helped Tony Abbott win the 2013 election.Source:News Limited
Opposing Labor’s carbon tax helped Tony Abbott win the 2013 election.Picture: Vote 1 Cartoon Source:News Limited

So tl;dr?

This is what happens when you systematically sabotage every single option from a Carbon Tax through to a Renewable Energy Target while ignoring all the major recommendations of every credible investigation taken into the energy sector. You are then left (yes let's blame them too) with a pile of still smoking wreckage that you can sweep up into a tray and present as the only available way forward.

Vote1Cartoon@news.com.auAUGUST 10, 20187:58AM
Video
Pause
Unmute
0:29
/
1:02
Fullscreen

Click to unmute
Autoplay

It's almost like once you apply dino brained right wing talking points to the real world all you get is a smouldering pile of guano. Yes just like Brexit and almost everything in the US.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's a long bow

https://twitter.com/australian/status/1026935585305387008

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hahahah that's loving ridiculous

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten accepted a chocolate bar from a furry

Adbot