Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mae Young Classic Round 1 Results:

Episode 1 of the Mae Young Classic:

- Tegan Nox def. Zatara.

- Rhea Ripley def. MJ Jenkins.

- Lacey Lane def. Vanessa Kraven.

- Meiko Satomura def. Killer Kelly.

Episode 2:

- Deonna Purazzo def. Priscilla Kelly.

- Zeuxis def. Aerial Monroe.

- Kacy Catanzaro def. Reina Gonzalez.

- Mercedes Martinez def. Ashley Rayne.

Episode 3:

- Kaitlyn def. Kavita Devi

- Toni Storm def. Jinny

- Xia Li def. Karen Q

- Mia Yim def. Alysin Kay

Episode 4:

- Hiroyo Matsumoto def. Rachel Evers

- Taynara Conti def. Jessie Elaban

- Nicole Matthews def. Isla Dawn

- Io Shirai def. Xia Brookside

Worth noting that the Io Shirai match was quite likely the shortest match of the night, due to what may have been an accident. Xia may be legitimately hurt (as she was clutching her neck and having trouble standing up), as Io's moonsault had her knees land right on Xia's chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Good job Io you killed your trainer's daughter

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

Good job Io you killed your trainer's daughter

Some are thinking its a work, some are thinking its legit. I dunno. Here's the gif of the finish.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1027375533250813952

It seems like Xia was very much out of position to take it. She is still very green in the ring apparently?

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 9, 2018

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

who do you think put her there

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

oatgan posted:

who do you think put her there

Xia was apparently rolling in the ring and may have misjudged, so who the gently caress knows. Regardless, Xia is apparently perfectly fine.

We'll have to wait until the actual episode airs to see what happens.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spoilers say Io did the running corner knees (like Almas and Zelina do) to set it up, so that may actually have been Xia rolling too far.

That moonsault looks like shins to braced forearms so it probably hurts (both of them) but she'll be okay.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Xia a diminutive 19-year girl/woman. Personally would have never booked her against Io in the main event after a 15 match card. Or in the MYC at all to be honest.

21 years old was largely the rule when it came to NXT. When Paige was in her deepest personal struggles I was told NXT was very "never again" when it came to signing/using wrestlers especially women that young.

Not BLAMING Xia just I hope you guys know what I mean. Someone older might be a bit more robust and/or knew how to position herself better on whatever move actually hurt her.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Some are thinking its a work, some are thinking its legit. I dunno. Here's the gif of the finish.

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1027375533250813952

It seems like Xia was very much out of position to take it. She is still very green in the ring apparently?

Yeah but Io is very green outside of the ring

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Xia is alive

https://twitter.com/xiabrookside16/status/1027395304490975238

So MYC II second round field:
Tegan Nox
Rhea Ripley
Lacey Lane
Meiko Satomura
Deonna Purrazzo
Zeuxis
Kacy Catanzaro
Mercedes Martinez
Kaitlyn
Toni Storm
Xia Li
Mia Yim
Hiroyo Matsumoto
Taynara Conti
Nicole Matthews
Io Shirai

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Xia a diminutive 19-year girl/woman. Personally would have never booked her against Io in the main event after a 15 match card. Or in the MYC at all to be honest.

21 years old was largely the rule when it came to NXT. When Paige was in her deepest personal struggles I was told NXT was very "never again" when it came to signing/using wrestlers especially women that young.

Not BLAMING Xia just I hope you guys know what I mean. Someone older might be a bit more robust and/or knew how to position herself better on whatever move actually hurt her.

I agree with you. But I’m sure her dad being there makes it a lot easier for them to make an exception to the young people rule.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Do you think they brought Xia into the tournament as a favor for Robbie or something? I know he's a coach there, and I figured he may have asked if his daughter could be let into the tournament. And yeah, at worst I would chalk it up as an accident.

I think people were mainly puzzled by how much of a squash match the Io/Xia match was. Except it seems like they may be going the Shayna route with Io this year. Have her squash talent until the semi finals or something. Build her up as the big heel of the tournament. We'll see after tomorrow, but on a personal level, I think its better if Io starts to display more heelish tendencies as the tournament goes on. Every Japanese wrestler in WWE has debuted in NXT as a smiling happy babyface, and I think its time for a change there.

That being said, I hope CFO$ has something ready for her by Evolution if she's in the finals. Her current production music is the most generic techno song.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 9, 2018

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

The wording I heard was always that they'd wouldn't put anyone under 21 on the road. Using someone for occasional appearances , like Tyler Bate, wouldn't technically violate that rule.

Speaking of Xia, in an article I read she was referred to as Robbie's step-daughter, which I've never heard before. Everywhere else it's said daughter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but he's been with her mother since she was very young.

He retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/xiabrookside16/status/1026969502704168962

And in the comments there her mom (Fern Brooks) says she took that picture 17 years ago.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I thought Madison Rayne was in this thing? Am I just missing her name?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They called her Ashley Rayne. She lost to Mercedes Martinez.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bumping this a bit early, but jesus christ the right side of the MYC II bracket is stacked. They have Deonna, Io, and Tegan all on the same side.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1027684890077261824

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tegan/Io semi on the one side seems obvious. The other is a bit less clear.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Tegan/Io semi on the one side seems obvious. The other is a bit less clear.

Triple H seems super high on Deonna. So I can see her possibly upsetting Io. It's not a high chance, but its there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m guessing Tegan/Io and Toni/Mercedes in the semis

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m guessing Tegan/Io and Toni/Mercedes in the semis

Well you may be half right. Toni will likely be in the semis, but Mercedes was just knocked out a few minutes ago by Meiko.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE told the F4W dude that does spoilers for Full Sail stuff that he’ll get booted if he posts to social media about it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Okay so far:

R2:
Toni Storm over Hiroyo Matsumoto
Rhea Ripley over Kacy Catanzaro
Lacey Lane over Taynara Conti
Meiko Satomura over Mercedes Martinez
Io Shirai over Zeuxis
Deonna Purrazzo over Xia Li
Tegan Nox over Nicole Matthews
Mia Yim over Kaitlyn

QF:
Meiko over Lacey
Io over Deonna
Toni over Mia

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Tegan got injured mid match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rhea over Tegan, but that's due to the fact that Tegan injured her other knee apparently. It was a legitimate injury, as the ref threw up the X, and medics rushed down to check on her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goddamn it no

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Goddamn it no

Tegan blowing her good knee is legit.

Genuinely heartbroken.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Tegan blowing her good knee is legit.

Genuinely heartbroken.

That’s loving terrible. I’m so mad for her

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here is the sadder part:

https://twitter.com/Cody_Starbuck/status/1027726022903570432

HER FATHER WAS THERE TO WATCH HER COMPETE.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bummer

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
At least it looks like Xia is okay since she wrestled in a dark match

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

achillesforever6 posted:

At least it looks like Xia is okay since she wrestled in a dark match

It's OK they had a spare as well

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1027732728492576768
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1027733106877493248

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If it’s a clean break that’s actually quite a relief in terms of recovery

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE told the F4W dude that does spoilers for Full Sail stuff that he’ll get booted if he posts to social media about it

might have been safe if he didnt pretend to work for WON

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
First half of the finals was set. Toni Storm vs ??? (either Rhea or Io)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bumping because why the hell not.

Finals are set. It will be Toni Storm vs Io Shirai at WWE Evolution.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just realized that's the first time an NXT match will be on a main card show. That is going to absolutely destroy all the other matches, workrate-wise.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just realized that's the first time an NXT match will be on a main card show. That is going to absolutely destroy all the other matches, workrate-wise.

Depends on if the NXT Women's title match is before or after the MYC finals. :eng101:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who beat Meiko?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Who beat Meiko?

Toni Storm