Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1027732885925752832

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1027782523777175552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just realized that's the first time an NXT match will be on a main card show. That is going to absolutely destroy all the other matches, workrate-wise.

A couple years ago they had that Fastlane show from Montreal where pre-call up Enzo and Cass worked the Revival IIRC. That show also had a terrible Stardust vs Sami Zayn match and a good HHH vs Dean Ambrose match IIRC.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
sometimes i consider rewatching that stardust vs sami zayn match because i just remember that match being mystifyingly awful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

sometimes i consider rewatching that stardust vs sami zayn match because i just remember that match being mystifyingly awful

Sami was still working his way back from injury and Cody was completely checked out at the time (this was one of his last WWE matches IIRC), I think we can just chalk it up to a bad night for both guys

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad it was her leg and not her knee (assuming that's what it was but it makes sense that they'd have HHH make an announcement about it to reassure the crowd).

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Stardust apathetically beat up Sami for 12 minutes before Sami won with his move. It was hella :psyduck:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1027804630963691520

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I heard it was her good knee, I would happily be wrong about that. A broken whatever would probably be a faster recovery and less of a 'my ligaments are constantly exploding' stigma.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cory Lidle posted:

I heard it was her good knee, I would happily be wrong about that. A broken whatever would probably be a faster recovery and less of a 'my ligaments are constantly exploding' stigma.

HHH announced to the crowd it was a broken leg apparently. First, I feel like he'd only announce that if they knew, and second, a broken leg is probably really quick to diagnose.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There was an NXT match on Raw a number of years back, I think it was Neville/Zayn vs Breeze/Kidd or something along those lines.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There was an NXT match on Raw a number of years back, I think it was Neville/Zayn vs Breeze/Kidd or something along those lines.

Remember this think it was a way to promote the first takeover.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Sami was still working his way back from injury and Cody was completely checked out at the time (this was one of his last WWE matches IIRC), I think we can just chalk it up to a bad night for both guys

Cody's gone on the record as saying it took him a long time to come to terms with Dusty's passing and unless I'm mistaken this is only a couple months after that so, yeah, dude was probably emotionally a million miles away.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So with the MYC finals being set, I feel like Io should probably lose. But mainly for long term booking decisions (Which NXT is generally great at doing). I'd have Toni beat Io [Meaning Io fails to do what Kairi has done, which is win the MYC]. I would then have Toni lose to Kairi (which means Kairi does something that Io couldn't do again, which is beating Toni Storm). At that point, I would have Io go on a tear (jealousy and spite), leading up to her taking the title from Kairi at Takeover: New York (WM Weekend).

That seems like a logical direction to go, but I dunno. And it would guarantee the women's match at Brooklyn would be the best match it could possibly be.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HHH announced to the crowd it was a broken leg apparently. First, I feel like he'd only announce that if they knew, and second, a broken leg is probably really quick to diagnose.

I don't think he gave the actual diagnosis in the speech. I am pretty sure he was just talking about in general and trying to be as positive as possible. She would need an MRI and X-rays and stuff to know the full extent and there is no way she would have had any of that done that quickly.

I would prepare for the worst with her and HOPE it's not as bad.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Fuuuuuck that video on twitter of Tegan injured and crying :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Seems like DM Punk may be right. Casey is reporting the injury is worse than announced.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1027946700969795584

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Triple H said something cheesy like "she's not leaving with a broken knee, she's leaving with a broken heart." He wasn't actually denying it was her knee.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well gently caress.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Seems like DM Punk may be right. Casey is reporting the injury is worse than announced.

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1027946700969795584

Casey is right as nearly always.

https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1028077661053181952

WWE is putting a positive spin on a VERY sad situation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, there wasn't really anyone 'letting on' that it wasn't bad. That was all misunderstanding HHH's promo.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
With both her knees doing this to her...is her future bleak? I don’t mean to sound inappropriate at this time but one knee got hosed up last year and now the other knee got hosed up this year, her body is trying to hint something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

With both her knees doing this to her...is her future bleak?

Having both knees shredded by the age of 23 is real bad in general

Like a real fear now is her being wheelchair-bound by 30 because there's really not much more either leg can take from here that isn't going to have permanent damage

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I really wonder if at some point, WWE will Corey Graves her and she'll find something else in the company to do.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Friendly reminder that you don't know a wrestler that isn't physically banged up. Two catastrophic injuries so close together is never good, but being early 20's is a factor that is in her favor.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DM Punk posted:

I really wonder if at some point, WWE will Corey Graves her and she'll find something else in the company to do.

I hope so. WWE is a poo poo company in general but they occasionally do the right thing like giving Kidd a job.

Edit. Okay Kidd was a bad example that whole thing was hosed up and more covering their rear end/getting lucky he didn't sue.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Cory Lidle posted:

Friendly reminder that you don't know a wrestler that isn't physically banged up. Two catastrophic injuries so close together is never good, but being early 20's is a factor that is in her favor.

She could come back perfectly healed, and I get the feeling that the front office would still tag her as injury-prone and let her just languish like Aliyah, occasionally taking the pin on NXT TV

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wait, is Aliyah injury prone?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

TV Zombie posted:

Wait, is Aliyah injury prone?

I don't think so, I just meant her as a wrestler trapped in developmental

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

rovert posted:

Casey is right as nearly always.

https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1028077661053181952

WWE is putting a positive spin on a VERY sad situation.

So she had a full extra bone in her leg and it broke, sending both it and the knee cap through her skin? Sounds bad but also impossible; has there been any more specific info yet?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Yeah, Andrew Everett has done ok since his early spell with injuries.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not that surprising
https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1029057869105246213

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Every possible combination of Seth/Dean vs Dolph/Drew for the next 40 weeks. Buckle up boys

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that is a low quality and wasteful way to bring back an upper midcarder after such a long time on the shelf. very surprised!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

that is a low quality and wasteful way to bring back an upper midcarder after such a long time on the shelf. very surprised!

I actually like it. That foursome should be able to put on some cool rear end matches and then after a bit Dean can turn on Seth and they can have a program that will be awesome as heck.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have a better idea. Ambrose returns and cashes in the Moxley in the Bank contract on Lesnar and wins the Universal Championship.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually like it. That foursome should be able to put on some cool rear end matches and then after a bit Dean can turn on Seth and they can have a program that will be awesome as heck.

it seems like a good way to re-insert a cog nonchalantly and without any fanfare, to me, when i greatly enjoy solo shining stars and big moments with them. But if people do like it then that's good

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

He cashes in the 2016 briefcase again, no one cares to question it

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

bradzilla posted:

He cashes in the 2016 briefcase again, no one cares to question it

that electric shaver never ran out of batteries

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

it seems like a good way to re-insert a cog nonchalantly and without any fanfare, to me, when i greatly enjoy solo shining stars and big moments with them. But if people do like it then that's good

I understand your point and as Ambrose fan #1 I'd love to see him in a bigger role immediately but I also realize there's no great way to start him higher since the main event is still being held hostage by Brock and Roman. It's not my dream scenario but I'm trying to see the best in it and I'm happy my favorite wrestleman is coming back. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh I'm just bummed out by the idea of Ambrose potentially being an extremely hot babyface coming off of a long layoff and Rollins being the hottest he's ever been in his career and both of them just becoming tag team guys again because WWE just has never wanted to seriously push either one of them except for the couple times circumstances forced them to give them the belt for a little while.

But, whatever, WWE ultimately sees Rollins and Ambrose as a means to get Roman over and little else, so it doesn't make a big difference one way or the other if they're in a tag team or if they're in The Shield Part 3: Featuring Roman Reigns And His Friends.