Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

doverhog posted:

You prefer a system where the poor join the army to get health care or an education because they have no better options?

It should be voluntary. Nobody should have been forced to go to Vietnam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Yes, but under conscription everyone, in theory anyway, will feel the effects of being at war. Compare that to the Iraq war. Btw, if the US wants to not be a bullshit country it can start by putting Bush and everyone in his administration on trial for that war.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Mandatory national service (military and non-military) may bind a healthy country's citizenry more closely together. But with the Vietnam War, the US began to see its leadership was fallible and willing to lie and let many people die before admitting a grave mistake. Now we have a military of volunteers which conducts a lot of costly and bloody operations of dubious value to the national or global good. Imperial meltdown is weird, but compelling to watch.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Solution: replace the current path of immigration with a military term. If you make it through without dying or being discharged, you're a citizen. Surely this system would work and not be abused at all. Would you like to know more?

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I can totally get someone not liking the Big Lebowski if they went in with any kind of hype or expectation but I saw it on TV in 2000 or so without knowing a thing about it and I thought it was hilarious so yknow

Caufman
May 7, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

I can totally get someone not liking the Big Lebowski if they went in with any kind of hype or expectation but I saw it on TV in 2000 or so without knowing a thing about it and I thought it was hilarious so yknow

It was no Dodgeball.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Caufman posted:

The US invasion into Vietnam was a bad call remade by successive administrations. Even brave people were dodging the draft in protest of the war. But Donald is just a chickenshithawk who was and is still afraid to die.

Fun fact: he's so cripplingly afraid of being poisoned, that's why he only ever eats at McDonalds. (because you don't call ahead, see, so it's harder for them to poison your burger)

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That fact IS fun!

What a loving spaz.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It's weird that he fixates on mcdonalds when that is true of basically any fast food or even chain restaurants where you can just walk in. It's not like all the line cooks at chilis have some cyanide in their pockets just in case the president stops by.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Neito posted:

Fun fact: he's so cripplingly afraid of being poisoned, that's why he only ever eats at McDonalds. (because you don't call ahead, see, so it's harder for them to poison your burger)

That's fake news.

He also eats from KFC

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's weird that he fixates on mcdonalds when that is true of basically any fast food or even chain restaurants where you can just walk in. It's not like all the line cooks at chilis have some cyanide in their pockets just in case the president stops by.

He's apparently thought this for years, going back to the 80s.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I hate netflix shows that release episodes week by week. You aren't a cable network. Just dump what you have. Doing the weekly thing is just going to make me pretend your show doesn't exist until the season is over, then i'll watch it like a normal person who wants to watch 10 hours of a show in a row in one day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Netflix doesn't release any shows week by week unless it's something topical that is filmed weekly and there's been like 2 of those ever.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Netflix doesn't release any shows week by week unless it's something topical that is filmed weekly and there's been like 2 of those ever.

Better Call Saul.

also designated survivor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

European Netflix is weird.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

European Netflix is weird.

Oh. They never do that in the US.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was one lovely Canadian show called Between that aired weekly on Netflix USA. Nobody watched it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s funny because I this came up before and that time I was the tube who didn’t know European Netflix worked differently and also Better Call Sail was the example used them as well.

The wheel turns ever onward.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Outside of America Netflix will get the rights to shows that are released on cable/broadcast/streaming networks in America. So here in Australia shows like Star Trek Discovery or The Good Place are "Netflix" shows that are released weekly roughly simultaneously with the US airing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

With shows like Star Trek Discovery it was a Netflix show from the start because I think they helped fund the series along with CBS. It's just in the US it's on the garbage CBS streaming service. That's all on Les Moonves too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Outside of America Netflix will get the rights to shows that are released on cable/broadcast/streaming networks in America. So here in Australia shows like Star Trek Discovery or The Good Place are "Netflix" shows that are released weekly roughly simultaneously with the US airing.

The US gets a ton of British shows rebranded as "Netflix Originals" as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The US gets a ton of British shows rebranded as "Netflix Originals" as well.

Was Lovesick (formerly Scrotal Recall) one of them? I really like that show despite hating the main character.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yes, it appears so.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rabbit death screams aren't blood-curdling or horrifying to listen to. Go watch some Youtube vids of rabbits and bunnies getting owned by stoats and whatnot, and I dunno, there's something weirdly satisfying about seeing something so pathetic and helpless get owned in such a one-sided fashion. Also rabbits are terrible. They cripple their own babies and the babies of other rabbits (there's a video of that too, I wont link it tho). And they're so cowardly and weak, they won't do anything to help one another or defend one another. And again, the way they just scream when getting attacked, its like "Fight BACK, you pussy". I feel empathy for other animals but for some reason rabbits just piss me off. I wouldnt hurt one but if i dont give a gently caress about them. Also they look weird when you look at them head-on. Creepy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Rabbits are a loving plague and the little shits keep evolving immunities to the biological weapons we use against them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yeah but they're cute so they are here to stay, like deer.

I think they are awful pets though. They are constantly making GBS threads. My brother has two and there's rabbit poo poo all over the place even though they are trained to use a litter box. I don't think it's fair to say they are litterbox-trained when they only use it 75% of the time. They are nice to pet though, as long as they aren't making GBS threads on you. Which they probably are.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Blue Star posted:

Rabbit death screams aren't blood-curdling or horrifying to listen to. Go watch some Youtube vids of rabbits and bunnies getting owned by stoats and whatnot, and I dunno, there's something weirdly satisfying about seeing something so pathetic and helpless get owned in such a one-sided fashion. Also rabbits are terrible. They cripple their own babies and the babies of other rabbits (there's a video of that too, I wont link it tho). And they're so cowardly and weak, they won't do anything to help one another or defend one another. And again, the way they just scream when getting attacked, its like "Fight BACK, you pussy". I feel empathy for other animals but for some reason rabbits just piss me off. I wouldnt hurt one but if i dont give a gently caress about them. Also they look weird when you look at them head-on. Creepy.

The survival strategy of rabbits as a species is "make sure there's always so drat many of us all the time that nothing, ever, can possibly kill us all." Seems to me that it's working pretty well. I think when a rabbit hears another rabbit scream they hide or run away because, well, the gently caress is a rabbit going to do?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I want a rabbit but I started a job where I’ll be travelling 20% of the year :saddowns:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I want a rabbit but I started a job where I’ll be travelling 20% of the year :saddowns:

Their average lifespan is like 5 months, so who cares. Buy your pet rabbit, hang out with it while you're home, and then when it dies of a heart attack because you shut the bathroom door too loudly you can travel for work again.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Their average lifespan is like 5 months, so who cares. Buy your pet rabbit, hang out with it while you're home, and then when it dies of a heart attack because you shut the bathroom door too loudly you can travel for work again.

I heard demons like to kill them, too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Just buy a terrier to keep it company

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rabbit death screams are the worst/saddest noise I’ve ever heard in my life. Years ago I had to mercy kill a whole litter of baby rabbits by stomping them with my boot and that sound is burned into my brain forever.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I used to work in animal research labs, and having to "sacrifice" (the prefered euphemism) rats is oddly terrifying.

Especially when someone does it right in front of you, in the hallway, with their credit card.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

:gonk:

Next time just drown them in a potato sack.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Rats are disgusting creatures and the only red flag bigger than being a horse girl is being a rat girl. It takes a special kind of crazy to like those constant piss and poo poo generating scaly tailed beady eyed rodents. I don't care how nice they can be, they are vermin. At least horses serve a function, even if the girls obsessed with them are pretty much just as insane as the rat ones.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Aramek posted:

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

:gonk:

Next time just drown them in a potato sack.

The prefered way is an airtight box and a CO2 source.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the rabbit would be called crocodile man it'd be so sick

e: it be one of those big eared ones

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
just grab a shotgun and blow their fuzzy lil heads off. they wont feel a thing

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Blue Star posted:

And they're so cowardly and weak, they won't do anything to help one another or defend one another.

Like cis women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pets are awesome. Pet owners are universally stupid as gently caress.