Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Nightfall activity is also being revisited for Season 4. Prestige difficulty is being retired, but the base difficulty for the Nightfall activity will increase. Additionally, players will have the ability to choose one of three Nightfall strikes each week. If there’s a specific Nightfall Unique Reward that a given player is hunting for, this reduces the time they have to wait for the strike to be featured again. Legacy players will still be able to enable modifiers via their Challenge Card.

That's all quite interesting to me! Only OG Players can activate modifiers in Nightfall going forward?

EDIT: Oh wait, they're saying that Vanilla-Only players will be able to activate modifiers in a special 270 NF for Vanilla scrubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Ill be putting my 29,000 weapon parts to good use lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Ill be putting my 29,000 weapon parts to good use lol

Gunsmith already has cognitive issues, why you gotta murder him like that.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
goddamn inflation! Gunsmith Engram is 100 Gun Part Token Coins now.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I was like wtf about the token/mats stuff, but if they just straight up replace tokens with mats and you get the same amount from rewards and whatnot, that's fine

but laffo at anyone who complains about chuck-e-cheese tokens ruining the feel of their silly spaceman dress and dance shoot game, I mean it's the same poo poo now and it was the same poo poo in D1 and it'll be the same poo poo, just calling it different names doesn't change the smell

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
man I love smelling poo poo

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

goddamn inflation! Gunsmith Engram is 100 Gun Part Token Coins now.

On one hand this is lame.

On the other hand it's ok since the guns you get now have random rolls and some of them are going to actually be interesting and good.

I always like the early D1 mantra of "you get legendary poo poo less often but its way more satisfying".

Rather than getting legendaries shat all over you but they are all trash.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Way back in early July 2017, game director Luke Smith spoke about this issue in an interview. "How can my second, third, and tenth Better Devils hand cannon be interesting?" he said. "That's a question we should be asking and answering as quickly as we can... We have ideas. While I would like nothing more than to share those ideas with you, we're up against [a deadline]. I don't know if they'll make it for our Sept. 6 [2017] date. But we have some ideas that we're pretty excited about."

They've got less than a month to get those ideas finalized!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
wow yeah game development sure sucks doesn’t it!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I get a good laugh out of the situation. They identified a big problem before launch, and completely failed to fix it. Whoopsy!

Also makes me good and skeptical when they promise anything, since he ~~Had Ideas~~ that he totally wished he could've shared with you (but didn't really)

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

That TWAB was good.

It was detailed. Honest. Gave us their goals. Gave specifics.

Real good poo poo. Finally.

I think Forsaken is the D2 we all wanted 12 months ago and I'm actually excited.

Just need confirmation that radar is coning back to comp and I'll be completely satisfied.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

Just need confirmation that radar is coning back to comp and I'll be completely satisfied.

You missed the part where they're removing radar from all modes?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

While Warmind overcorrected in some ways, mostly everything bad about D2 was from catering to the "I work 27 hours a day and have 72 kids and can only play 30 seconds a day " crowd. Games like this need investment in the gear and everything they're doing regarding that sounds good.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You missed the part where they're removing radar from all modes?

Please don't say things like that. I'm worried they are listening

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heehee, considering their total Spaghetti-at-the-Wall move with Iron Banner Powerplay scoring, I wouldn't be surprised if they try it!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Roman posted:

While Warmind overcorrected in some ways, mostly everything bad about D2 was from catering to the "I work 27 hours a day and have 72 kids and can only play 30 seconds a day " crowd. Games like this need investment in the gear and everything they're doing regarding that sounds good.

Yeah.

And coincidently those are the people who play the game for a week and move on.

Anyways. I get the feeling this has finally sunk into bungie.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hell yeah 60 new posts *checks thread*

77 for me lol

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny is a bad franchise

Hold me.

Kunabomber posted:

man I love smelling poo poo

I'm here now, friend, you can stop posting for me.

CheeseFactory posted:

I think Forsaken is the D2 we all wanted 12 months ago and I'm actually excited.

My ennui is certainly dissipating...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heehee, considering their total Spaghetti-at-the-Wall move with Iron Banner Powerplay scoring, I wouldn't be surprised if they try it!

the new ib power play is actually good

current power play: u get it and the other team instantly caps their spawn point

new ib power play: u get it and get 20 seconds to slay out

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress yeah, carefully creeping your way all the way to Ghaul to finish the blue armor grind and getting booted to orbit once you start the fight.

The most Destiny experience.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

deadwing posted:

the new ib power play is actually good

current power play: u get it and the other team instantly caps their spawn point

new ib power play: u get it and get 20 seconds to slay out

So.. capture A?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Destiny 2 Foreskin: Rolling back the bad

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

All I'm getting from this is that they're prepping for Destiny 2 to become a F2P game with a P2W PvP endgame via Iron Banner.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
that’s a weird take

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Father Wendigo posted:

All I'm getting from this is that they're prepping for Destiny 2 to become a F2P game with a P2W PvP endgame via Iron Banner.

please explain your thought process on this because im legitimately curious how you reached this conclusion

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The good news is there's more 385+ randoms around to do EP because of Solstice but the bad news is they can't clear the final boss either

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'd be happy with some randoms who could clear wave 1 so I can knock out these starter quests :cripes:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Where did the Leviathan go?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

qbert posted:

Also the following guns are becoming kinetic

Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Kinetic. But will almost certainly use special/green ammo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

Kinetic. But will almost certainly use special/green ammo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SUNKOS posted:

Where did the Leviathan go?
It's on Nessus

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

I'd be happy with some randoms who could clear wave 1 so I can knock out these starter quests :cripes:
I've only been able to find randoms by reloading the instance over and over. It's mostly been:

"oh good there's people doing EP"
*quickly checks their power levels*
*sighs*
*reloads area again*

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Nessus really should have been eaten by now

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

I've only been able to find randoms by reloading the instance over and over. It's mostly been:

"oh good there's people doing EP"
*quickly checks their power levels*
*sighs*
*reloads area again*

A+ design right there. Certainly wouldn't want to do a matchmaking playlist for an event like this, or maybe make it doable by random scrubs you encounter on patrol.

Nah, instead let's force people to exploit the patrol matchmaking to get 6+ friends into the same instance. THIS IS GOOD DESIGN.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Roman posted:

hmm yes, video games should only be designed with incels in mind

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Nessus really should have been eaten by now

The entire solar system and for that matter the entire franchise should currently be spraying out the backend of Leviathan as diarrhea.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FordCQC posted:

Vocels, rear end in a top hat :argh:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aren't those just 3D pixels?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FordCQC posted:

i have a game for you, it's called Destiny 2 A Year Ago. Everyone loved it and had no problems with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

“Ive been playing this all year and still haven’t gotten laid it’s Bungie’s stance on gamergate that’s at fault and here’s why...”
(1/88)