Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the Mod?
This poll is closed.
Anidav 14 0.14%
Dr Spaceman 2 0.02%
JBP 12 0.12%
bell jar 1 0.01%
GoldStandardConure 7 0.07%
Joseph Stalin 10016 99.64%
Total: 10052 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

http://www.penthouse.com.au/articles/opinion/avoid-the-perils-of-cuffing-season

I regret to inform you that Daisy Cousens has written something some advice for Caleb.

I'm reminded of this tweet
https://twitter.com/AbbyHoward/status/1027247508689494017

And grateful I didn't use my real name on the internet. Hindsight is going to kick her rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

G-Spot Run posted:

I'm reminded of this tweet
https://twitter.com/AbbyHoward/status/1027247508689494017

And grateful I didn't use my real name on the internet. Hindsight is going to kick her rear end.

https://twitter.com/bromanconsul/status/981783677804822528

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

http://www.penthouse.com.au/articles/opinion/avoid-the-perils-of-cuffing-season

I regret to inform you that Daisy Cousens has written something some advice for Caleb.

quote:

It’s summer. You’re a young(ish), virile, stallion of a man, oozing confidence and charisma. The days are hot, the nights are long and the weekends full of sun, sand and seemingly endless barbecues. But most importantly, the girls are – in a word – loose. For some reason, the word ‘relationship’ has slipped from the vocabulary of every eligible maiden, replaced by ‘Tinder’, ‘One-night stand’, and ‘Don’t call me’. For the fast-paced, bros-before-hoes kind of man, it’s the perfect season to indulge your thirst for fun and love of debauchery.

Then autumn hits. Holiday frivolity is replaced by early bedtimes, dark mornings and the grind of the nine-to-five. But most unfortunately; the girls are, well, different. A quick one-nighter borne of a mutual understanding is replaced by a slew of post-coitus text messages, demanding to know why you haven’t called. Drunken nights morph into awkward afternoon coffee dates. And everywhere you look, even the most stoic fuckboys are pairing up. Your social life is in ruins, and you have no idea what went so horribly wrong.

So why this inexplicable shift in the cosmos? Everyone seemed to be having plenty of singleton fun just a month before. Well, you’re not going crazy. The sudden scent of sickly romance is what the cool kids call ‘cuffing season’. That is: the time between the start of autumn and the middle of winter when humans become desperate to find a snuggle-buddy for the colder months. The term is a loose BDSM reference to handcuffs; people want to be ‘cuffed’ to someone who will keep them warm in winter.

Cuffing season isn’t some weird fad. It’s an actual thing, and when put in context makes perfect sense. In America, for example, cuffing season begins around September and ends in early March. Given the below-zero temperatures, social activities can be almost completely eliminated. Who the hell wants to spend a night at the bar when you’d have to drive through a blizzard to get there? It’s not hard to understand why Americans want something to do when they’re trapped at home by an ungodly polar vortex. Especially if that something happens to be someone. Cuffing season also coincides with many of their major holidays; Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. You know, the occasions where Great Auntie Mabel infallibly asks her most promising heirs, “So, darling, why don’t you have a girlfriend? Do you not like girls anymore?”

The term is a loose BDSM reference to handcuffs; people want to be ‘cuffed’ to someone who will keep them warm in winter.

Australians, however, are a little bit different. As our major holidays coincide with summer, our modus operandi varies. We’d rather be unattached for the holidays, finding fulfillment through pure party spirit. Our preference for pairing up is associated with the nothing-months in the middle of the year, when we want to occupy our time with ‘Netflix and chill’.

Also, the numbers don’t lie. According to a 2015 poll from the dating app Hinge, men were 15 per cent more likely to be sniffing around for a relationship in winter than in any other season. However, during summer, men were 11 per cent less likely to couple up. Women, however, are pretty much equally clingy all year ’round. In winter, they were five per cent more likely to want a relationship, and five per cent less likely in the warmer months.

Now, all of this is fine if you’re the kind of guy who’s looking for a relationship. However, if you’re more of a no-strings-attached type of guy – the kind who likes his conquests with a side of see ya later – this is a disaster. Yes, five per cent doesn’t seem like much. However, it could easily be the difference between a wild night with a clean, mutually happy break in the morning, or emotional texts, progressively angry voicemails, and obscure, tear-emoji-ridden Facebook posts denouncing all men.

As a woman in relationship, I can confirm that regardless of what single ladies say during their morning affirmations, it is impossible for women to have meaningless sex. We release more oxytocin (aka the ‘cuddle hormone’) during intercourse than men, which makes us biologically prone to getting nonsensically attached. Ever felt vaguely guilty for assuming women are clingy? Don’t, because we are. No matter what the cranky, neo-Marxist feminasties preach, women by and large prefer emotional, loving sex to a don’t-kiss-me-goodbye romp in the hay.
During cuffing season, we are especially prone. However, there are rare exceptions.

If you’re a guy who’s seemingly immune to the cold weather urges, it is possible to avoid the perils of cuffing season. You just have to find those exceptions to the rule.

If you’re a guy who’s seemingly immune to the cold weather urges, it is possible to avoid the perils of cuffing season. You just have to find those exceptions to the rule. I would suggest a woman over 45, divorced at least once. She’s good fun, takes care of herself and after years of experience, knows her way around a bedroom. Not only will she be happy with a hump and dump, she’ll probably be the one kicking you out of bed as soon as it’s over.

Your second option is a puma; a woman between 26 and 34 who has a thing for younger men. You know, like a cougar but younger. She finds the social taboo of being schlonged by a younger man a thrilling one to bust, and would rather put a notch on her bedpost than a shiny rock on her left ring finger. The downside to pumas is they’re not interested if you’re over 25. So, college-age Casanovas; get in while you’re young.

But let’s be honest. Eventually, gentlemen, it is most likely you will want to find a nice woman, settle down, and pop out a couple of kids. I know many an erstwhile man-whore who can attest to that. When such desire hits, you can put cuffing season to good use. By frequenting small places of gathering during autumn, you can use women’s heightened sense of snuggly-ness to more easily catch a mate.

But while you’re happy flying solo, beware of cuffing season. Stick to the divorcees, the pumas, or even the recently-broken-up-and-on-the-rebound. Otherwise, you might just find yourself unwittingly cuffed until spring rears its beautiful, sexy, very much welcomed head.
Can't loving help complaining about feminism in my batshit dating advice essay for a titty magazine

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

At a guess, Bendigo would count more as country Victoria than a suburb of Melbourne, so they're carrying on the lie that African gangs are terrorising Melbourne for people who would have little to no reason to not believe it.

Leftists should simply play Christopher Pyne saying "Scared? No, why would I be?" on repeat on billboards around Australia.

Ding we have a winner! Yes, its attacking Allan on the wrong ground, no one gives a poo poo about the African gangs here, and so precious time, effort and money is being wasted. It's petty and vindictive and those are the Victorian Libs best qualities.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Daisy hasn't written anything this horny since that car ride with Bill Leak.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1027886692496109575

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/1027882437156597760

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

gross

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:whitewater:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Go get 'em Caleb

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

"the first thing I’m confronted with is a woman doing some kind of ballet routine naked with soapy water. Not quite how I remembered Swan Lake"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I hope those models got paid.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

The Peccadillo posted:

"the first thing I’m confronted with is a woman doing some kind of ballet routine naked with soapy water. Not quite how I remembered Swan Lake"
Caleb is an 18-year old boy who wishes he was 57.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Thank you to this thread and similar online communities that are making Caleb Bond relevant.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I'm going to do some napkin math here. AGL has 3.6mil customer accounts. If they made 1bil in profits, that's $277.77 per customer. Nationalized utilities now!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AGL can eat my loving rear end most of the money they make is on wholesale power. Wholesale privately owned power. loving kill me.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

snoremac posted:

Caleb is an 18-year old boy who wishes he was 57.

[intterrupting a sex worker] exQUEEZE me

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav goes WILD Volume One.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anidav has had a lot more sex than Caleb Bond though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

You know I can happily go through my life without having any knowledge of both Anidav's or Caleb Bond's sex lives.

Just saying.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It's worse that's some dubstep remix jfc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Melbourne MP Tim Watts says his office has received dozens of "tongue in cheek" requests for free portraits of Queen Elizabeth in the last 24 hours, but he is firing back with some "nationhood material" of his own.

Mr Watts said the requests came flooding in after a report by Vice Media that highlighted the little-known "constituents' request program" which allows for voters to receive free "nationhood material" including flags, recordings of the national anthem and images of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, just by asking their federal member.

"I can say before the story was published, I had received zero requests for portraits of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth," he said.

"The last 24 hours, I would say about four dozen.

"I think 99 per cent were tongue firmly in cheek."

In response, Mr Watts said he was perfectly entitled to use his freedom of speech to send extra materials back.

"I've chosen to respond to these tongue in cheek requests with a bit of nationhood material of my own from Melbourne's west," he said.

"Some portraits of [retired Western Bulldogs captain] Bob Murphy and [former prime minister] Julia Gillard, some Australian Republican Movement membership forms and an invite to our Wattle Day barbeque at Williamstown beach."

Mr Watts is not the only MP to be inundated. Mayo MP Rebekha Sharkie wrote she had received 25 inquiries in 12 hours.

He said MPs were not legally obligated to provide the material, the legislation just created the ability for them to source the nationhood material.

The Labor MP said there was merit behind the program, with many schools and community groups acquiring flags and the constitution for various reasons, including educational purposes.

"Usually people request flags when they're representing Australia overseas for sport or school or community groups," Mr Watts said.

"Very frequently I give out Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags and I think that is a worthwhile thing to do for our community.

"It's not all the farce of giving pictures of Liz [Queen Elizabeth II] and Phil the Greek [Prince Philip]."

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-11/people-inadvertently-paying-for-neighbours-faster-nbn/10104778

Time to start FTTP NBN co-operatives within your street.

Conclusions
Oct 18, 2003

The ball of yarn will be on your desk by Friday.

Kyle Sandilands Jr?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

loving absurd that she’s had to pay out of her own pocket for infrastructure that she already paid for out of her taxes, which previously delivered her a sub-standard product.

She’s hopefully right though in that it’s a value-add to her property.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

Thank you to this thread and similar online communities that are making Caleb Bond relevant.

He sure is relevant. Mothafucka's going to be the next PM.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Daisy hasn't written anything this horny since that car ride with Bill Leak.
Technically that was a hearse.

How could a book written in the late fifties by a rabid Christian patriarch be relevant to the treatment of indigenous Australians in the 21st Century?

A good question with a sad answer.

The Aborigines of Australia, J.W. Bleakley, Jacaranda Press Brisbane 1961.

page 244-245 posted:

The conclusion of the war and need for rehabilitation measures created many problems for the Native Affairs Branch. Plans were made for :-
(a) Additional Appointments to the staff.
(b) Establishment of Government stations on reserves to provide technical and domestic training to fit the natives to take a useful part in the industrial life of the territory, and also develop the resources of their own reserves.
(c) Assistance to Missions to develop economic pursuits to equip their people similarly.
(d) Co-operation with Health Department in measures for effective health and medical care.
(e) Assisting patrol officers to acquire training and graduation in Anthropology.
(f) A more effective policy on education, expert teaching service, necessary school accommodation.
(g) Requisite accommodation on reserves and missions for education and economic training.
(h) Reservation of areas in the inland for the benefit of desert tribes.
(i) Promulgation of new ordinances and regulations.

Unfortunately, the report for 1947-48 indicated a feeling of frustration at the usual procrastination at headquarters in Canberra. Apparently, the Darwin administration had no power to take any action until matters had been placed before the Minister for his consideration and approval.

Progress had been retarded by delays in filling staff vacancies, supply of building and other material.

The same story was repeated over and over again - Would have worked except, Progress was astonishing until unaccountably all support was withdrawn, The entire settlement, that had existed in harmony for 50 years was uprooted and relocated because of a local view that the land was too good for the occupation of natives. That (Appropriate allowances for the mental fucktations of a rabid Christian patriarch) policies well established SEVENTY years ago are significantly in advance of the approaches currently being taken is beyond shameful. Next time you see someone wringing their hands about the plight of our poor indigenous folk point out the answers are not only known but well understood. The questions only remains, Why the gently caress aren't we doing them?

Speaking of:

Lol! Maybe those farmers wouldn't be so hosed up if they could actually access the internet.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 11, 2018

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/theamwu/status/1028083937992556549

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Smash Bros Ultimate really is going all out

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Uh what. Wtf.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Berejiklian government is facing a High Court fight ahead of the March 2019 election after the peak body for the state's trade unions confirmed it would challenge new electoral funding laws that threaten union members with jail time for engaging in joint election campaigns.
On Friday, a coalition of six unions led by Unions NSW filed a High Court challenge to the laws, which dramatically curtail the amount of money third-party campaigners such as trade unions can spend in the six months before an election, including on television and radio campaigns.

Previously, third parties could spend up to $1.28 million but the laws impose a new cap of $500,000.
The unions will argue the laws, touted by Premier Gladys Berejiklian as a means of preventing undue influence and corruption in the political process, infringe the implied freedom of political communication in the Commonwealth Constitution.
Professor Anne Twomey, a constitutional law expert at the University of Sydney, said the new laws "significantly reduce the capacity of third-party campaigners to be heard" during an election campaign and it may be "difficult" for the NSW government to justify the changes.

The laws, passed in May, also prevent third-party campaigners banding together or "act[ing] in concert" during an election campaign to pool their resources and exceed the expenditure cap.

A jail term of up to 10 years applies if a person participates in such a scheme in order to circumvent the cap. A maximum two-year jail term applies to other contraventions of the laws.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsbouquet/status/1028179056343171073?s=21

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The panel in the top right is a fantastic "this is the future the liberals want" image.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

honky cartoonist afraid of spicy food

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

I looked into seeing if I could make a complaint about their cartoon. I mean, I know it does nothing and I probably have no grounds to complain beyond not wanting to see racist attitudes promoted in WA, but I look into it.

The West isn't a part of the press council, so you can't direct complaints to them.

Of course they're loving not. Bastards.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

I know I shouldn't try to apply logic to these things but Australian racists really need to decide if their deranged vision of the future is rule under sharia law or the PRC, the two don't get along that well.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

No souv at the food stand. Bad future.

• Locked thread