Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

i just play diablo 2 median-mods for my oldschool diablo needs. Path of Exile delivers on the new diablo side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

As the Bishop of Bath and Wells once said: Ill do anything to anything. Animal, vegetable, or mineral!

The 'baby raping Bishop of Bath & Wells'. He prefers his full title.

Scruffpuff posted:

"Hellgate: London 2" sounding good.

If nothing, it means I can avoid that whole incest page of the thread.

#NOTALLSTARCITIZENS

Edit: Vertisce, is this common?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

"Hellgate: London 2" sounding good.
if you want people to buy cosmetics, they better see what they are paying for

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Hav posted:

"Trust me, I study this" - throws out ESI.

Almost surprised 'M Class' wasn't mentioned.

Especially on the PS4, and once you start figuring that it's about optimizing gameplay, it comes into it's own. Start maxing out the gems and the screen becomes a bullet-hell spell disco.

I bounced off the PC version hard, but it really suits sofa play.

I always found the people saying “Diablo III won’t work on console!” to be hilarious, as the PlayStation 1 version of Diablo was actually considered the best version by the dev team of the original game, not to mention all the clones like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Untold Legends series.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

that "doubled it" quote stems from a huge underlying problem in online games: the players

in this case, there was an endless stream of "don't make diablo 3 for console kids" and "I want something HARD AND CHALLENGING" and "only a few people should get good equipment" and for some reason good ol idiot jay really, really bought into all that

however, as its been shown about a zillion times, the louder people are about "difficult content" the less they actually play it. so when they realized that group actually made the game too hard and that legendaries were trash and that a basic cookie cutter builds were going to dominate, they left because they really don't understand how hard hard really is

the other contingent, who was making huge loving bank off the AH, said things like "no, no the game is perfect! we need to keep the AH! we need the difficulty to keep out idiots and console players! this is our chance to show them what PC gaming is about!!"

seriously, this is why the backers of star citizen aren't unique, they're just another flavor of the online gaming "elite" that wants to feel special somewhere (and potentially make a shitload of real money)

On my first (and only) run of all difficulties in vanilla D3, I got a single unique to drop outside end chapter bosses. It was a lvl20 ring for my lvl40 char with completely useless stats, like 95% of uniques.

The game was designed around the RMAH so it was basically impossible to find good loot in your loot game. Kinda like a street fighter game where you have to insert a quarter to punch. Truly a marvel to behold.

Having all interesting unique properties tied to crap items, and 0.000000001% chances of having a rare be better than a good blue item was also something that could only come from somebody who never understood the concept of the game.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

I'm eager to know what they've got cooking for the franchise, but I don't think there is anything they can put out that would get me to reinstall 3 at this point.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
When I said "3 is the worst" I wasn't talking about sales - but I see the argument. As a fan, I think the general consensus is that it wasn't as "good" as the other installments, and miles from being better than D2.

My point was that the RMAH turbofucked what was a powerful franchise to the point where they had to rebuild the game economy and loot system, as was mentioned earlier.

Roberts just seems to be doubling down on the P2W formula. His logic is laughable when he says: "Well some people don't have the time to invest to earn the most powerful ships, so we let them buy the most powerful ships!"

Yes Chris, that's the definition of Pay to Win.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A TrueChristian The Donald NoFap AlexJones Games Qltist is nothing

That's loving surface scum, the corpses so full of fatty, insubstantial poo poo they float immediately upon drowning in alr right media

You want some crazy rear end poo poo? Go join a militia. That's hardened poo poo, the guys who really will kill you if they thought for certain active military would follow.

I can still pass as a lifelong Christan, and I still shoot well. Militias in the southeast are loving terrifying, especially if you get the opportunity to get past their fake patriotic exoskeletons and see their dark inner narratives

Talk someone up at the gun club, go to the next group shoot, impress 'em with horseshit. Then go home and cry.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 10, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Potato Salad posted:

That's loving surface scum, the corpses so full of poo poo they float immediately upon drowning in alr right media

You want done crazy rear end poo poo? Go join a militia.

:chloe:

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Roberts just seems to be doubling down on the P2W formula. His logic is laughable when he says: "Well some people don't have the time to invest to earn the most powerful ships, so we let them buy the most powerful ships!"

Yes Chris, that's the definition of Pay to Win.

I also like the subtle assumption that people who can't afford to drop a grand on an internet space ship are lazy and therefore must have plenty of time to grind for it.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I quit Diablo 3 when they made it cost my monk more in gold to break a pot by accident, causing durability loss than what I could make killing things on the hardest difficulty.

Warframe is like my new Diablo now. Random loot all over the place. And it's still fun. And the story has been interesting so far. I'm still a newb.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
tain

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Third person allows a good view of your own butt. I feel this is underplayed as an angle.

Re: Bacchus - https://starcitizen.tools/Bacchus

LOL, Bacchus A is a G with a temp of 6000K, which puts it at the upper end for a G0V at 5980K and lower F9V at 6100K.

Bacchus B is off K7V and almost into M0V.

Right, the Bacchus system is a P-type binary. What this means is that your planetary system orbits around the common baryocenter for the two stars.

What this means to start with is that the luminosity of both the primaries need to be added when you start in with temperature calculations (actually it depends on the aspect of the primary, and secondary because occlusion of the primary by the secondary will produce cooling, but the worst it's ever going to be is A+B).

Secondarily, your tidal fluctation around the common baryocenter is going to produce a fairly complex 'goldilocks zone' where liquid water can exist (separate from greenhouse effects), and might actually gently caress it over. Bear in mind that sol is a solitary G2V and we orbit 1 AU out. That would be inside the orbital distance of the cooler stars.

This is a silly system. Apart from the descriptions being vastly incomplete, we haven't found _any_ p-type binaries with planets.

I haven't even tried to run the temperature calculations yet.

"You're overthinking it, Hav"

I didn't claim to be building a drat simulation.

Also a 'rocky superearth with it's atmosphere burned away' is not a loving super-earth, you idiots.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 10, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My point was that the RMAH turbofucked what was a powerful franchise to the point where they had to rebuild the game economy and loot system, as was mentioned earlier.

Dunno that it was 'rebuild', but it was definitely 'revise because holy gently caress people are mad'. I actually view it as a kinda positive that Diablo III, Battlefront II and No Man's Sky listened to the sheer cacophany and actually listened.

You say that now, but don't regret it later.

Lladre posted:

I quit Diablo 3 when they made it cost my monk more in gold to break a pot by accident, causing durability loss than what I could make killing things on the hardest difficulty.

I have literally no noticed durability loss, and I'm usually taking at least one character to nightmare V during seasonal, and without laying it on too thick, I'm like supes casual. If you haven't played it in a while, give it another shot, then come back and yell at me.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 10, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Hopefully, this guy bought his sex toys from CIG and will experience the "challenges" of tier 0 implementation of "anal stimulators"

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

I think we all know what a loving freak this person is, can we stop on these? I'm seriously getting sick guys.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:doh:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Potato Salad posted:

That's loving surface scum, the corpses so full of fatty, insubstantial poo poo they float immediately upon drowning in alr right media

You want some crazy rear end poo poo? Go join a militia. That's hardened poo poo, the guys who really will kill you if they thought for certain active military would follow.

I can still pass as a lifelong Christan, and I still shoot well. Militias in the southeast are loving terrifying, especially if you get the opportunity to get past their fake patriotic exoskeletons and see their dark inner narratives

Talk someone up at the gun club, go to the next group shoot, impress 'em with horseshit. Then go home and cry.

"You're gonna need at least a 10mm to really put down goblins when the SHtF"

Gonna magnify everything you said there. They kinda are worrying, but amazingly they never seem to quite get their poo poo together because they really like the patriotism, and I'm not suggesting that is their common or prioritized aim. The whole 'comfortable with violence' axis is one to watch closely. They're still talking the same poo poo now that they were back in '94, but there's more of a racial element to it now, mainly because I think _they think_ they have less to worry about from gummint.

What's so damned depressing is being white and owning a punisher T-shirt is all the membership requires. And knowing some scripture.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 10, 2018

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
man this thread got dark fast

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hey man, I get it, but uhhhhhhh :chloe:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Danknificent posted:

man this thread got dark fast
I'd tell the thread to pull up, but it's so low at this point its only hope is a Thai special forces squad and Elon Musk's submarine.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Sometimes you have to go into the Hadean depths of the brown sea to dredge up what's really lurking in there. I mean, yeah, it's the brown sea so it's all Hadean depths below the surface but still.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bayonnefrog posted:

"worst of the series"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III#Reception

D3 fastest selling PC game to date

One of the best selling PC games of all time

30 mil unites sold as of June 2015

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Games and movies in a series sell based on how the last game did. You pay for it and then by the time you know its poo poo, its too late.

All that says was people really loved d2.

"Lolololol" @ u bein dumb

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Deadguy2322 posted:

I always found the people saying “Diablo III won’t work on console!” to be hilarious, as the PlayStation 1 version of Diablo was actually considered the best version by the dev team of the original game, not to mention all the clones like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Untold Legends series.

Don't forget baldur's gate dark alliance :)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

The new wrinkle in this saga we have to ask about :

is she Ben's sister?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Deadguy2322 posted:

I had the PS1 version of Diablo and I had a cheat code which allowed me to pump every stat to 225. The issue was that you had to push the controller that many times.

So there I am beating the gently caress out of my controller and my mom walks in, but her view is obscured by the coffee table so she has to come over all concerned that I'm masturbating in the middle of the living room until the controller came in to her field of view.

----

Fellow goons: how do I take this "to the next level" with her?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The new wrinkle in this saga we have to ask about :

is she Ben's sister?

That's the news reporter Ben stalked: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270&pagenumber=1#post459069790

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

QuakeCon livestream presentation is on: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Lord Stimperor posted:

And so the sickening truths have been revealed

Shout-out to our friendly Lord Stimperor for bringing a much needed sense of levity to this cesspit.
Deskeletonization may proceed.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I had the PS1 version of Diablo and I had a cheat code which allowed me to pump every stat to 225. The issue was that you had to push the controller that many times.

So there I am beating the gently caress out of my controller and my mom walks in, but her view is obscured by the coffee table so she has to come over all concerned that I'm masturbating in the middle of the living room until the controller came in to her field of view.

----

Gotta neg her. That's when you cause her stats to go below bounds it causes a buffer overflow and wraps around to maximum values.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Bad poetry, obviously.

The Saddest Robot posted:

Gotta neg her. That's when you cause her stats to go below bounds it causes a buffer overflow and wraps around to maximum values.

You millenials. What's wrong with a simple kiss?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Warframe is like my new Diablo now. Random loot all over the place. And it's still fun. And the story has been interesting so far. I'm still a newb.
Warframe is a lot of fun; I'm sitting at MR23 on the PS4 and slowly building up my PC account (I'm not spending money on both, I'm not spending money on both, I'm not spending money on both -- my mantra as I pull out my credit card) because the Switch version will give you a one time PC to Switch clone

D3's first 18 months was extremely poor, but Warframe also started out extremely similar: you used to have a stamina bar for running, jumping and spinning was an unlock or only for certain frames, enemies took loving forever to kill

they quickly realized that catering to the tryhard community only brought them a shitload of people going "uhhh why don't you make the game fun, its fun to kill things and get loot, which makes me stronger to kill more things and get loot" and the WF devs were like "oh maybe we should not make this a plodding corridor shooter like its loving RE2 and instead make a jumping/shooting/looting/crazy killsmens game" and lo, a good game was born

Marvel Heroes also went through this, but they had some extremely poor business planning that ultimately killed the company (making 1,000 models without nailing down game mechanics is p stupid, brevik)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

The level of stupid triples every second.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

QuakeCon livestream presentation is on: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
lol right as I tuned into this "we'll be showing you factions, like the Goon Squad"

goons are fuckin everywhere, we rule all

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

The level of stupid triples every second.

And is apparently inexhaustible.

TheAgent posted:

lol right as I tuned into this "we'll be showing you factions, like the Goon Squad"

I thought we were more an anarcho-syndicalist collective; ruling would imply a central council or executive body.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

I don't want to watch the whole thing is there a clip somewhere?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Hav posted:

Bad poetry, obviously.

You millenials. What's wrong with a simple kiss?

Poetry and a simple kiss isn't gonna snag that Oedipussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jesus Christ