Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wheat Loaf posted:

How is original BSG from 1978?

How is your tolerance for reused stock footage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Kind of a weird choice to use the finale of The Sopranos to dunk on Meadow's parking skills.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39OMlHJKW8Y

Those Wells Fargo ads reaaaaally piss me off.

Especially since
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1025856654837985281

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh it's up to hundreds now? Wonder what the real number is.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Wheat Loaf posted:

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century was better. Twiki was great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

Oh it's up to hundreds now? Wonder what the real number is.

Fortunately the forthcoming re-re-branding of Wells Fargo commercials will let us know by how solemn the piano music is

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
8/10 eps in and I love Lodge 49 lots and lots

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol their the people that called black people "mud people"

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Escobarbarian posted:

8/10 eps in and I love Lodge 49 lots and lots

When I load up the AMC app or website it says the full episodes aren't available yet and just shows the air date and bonus features. Did you pay for their subscription or something? I liked the first ep and would be down to binge the rest since I have a few days off.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I live in the UK and it’s on Prime here

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Has anyone watched Lodge 49?
I kept waiting for the premier episode to really set the hook and unfortunately it didn't. I'll give it another couple episodes though.
Wyatt Russell is pretty good in it though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
literally the two posts directly above you, my dude!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how is there still no release date or trailer for Patriot season 2

i'm gettin' worried over here :ohdear:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Thanks to a random Brian Grubb tweet I just started to watch Trial & Error. Great little show, thanks Brian! Anyone else watching?

Edit: 5 episodes in and this keeps getting better and better. Also why doesn't Jayma Mays have a bigger career?

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 11, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So were people spitting venom at what an enormous creep and dangerous rapist rear end in a top hat Sam becomes when Rebecca joins the cast? He was awful from the beginning but season 6 is turning it up to 11

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It was the early 90s. It was romantic.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

precision posted:

how is there still no release date or trailer for Patriot season 2

i'm gettin' worried over here :ohdear:

They filmed it, but we should be hearing something soon if we are going to get a 2018 release. That said Red Foreman did say that it was going to premiere in November 2018.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
So Insatiable. It's getting destroyed by critics. Anyone seen it and have any opinions on it?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Extremely unfunny.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Lodge 49 is amazing. I finished the first season on the AMC app earlier. Definitely sating my appetite until Patriot season 2 comes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Alone Together is very, very funny. Two seasons in one year doesn't say great things about its long term viability, but I'm happy with what I'm getting because what I'm getting is great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Open Source Idiom posted:

Alone Together is very, very funny. Two seasons in one year doesn't say great things about its long term viability, but I'm happy with what I'm getting because what I'm getting is great.

Chris D'Elia is loving killing it playing Chris D'Elia. Especially if you've seen his podcast

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hilario Baldness posted:

Lodge 49 is amazing. I finished the first season on the AMC app earlier. Definitely sating my appetite until Patriot season 2 comes.

Yeah, I agree. It’s really not for everyone, but I absolutely loved it.

I would love if more of my TVIV folk gave it a shot. It’s kinda Pynchon-lite, John from Cincinnati with less weird poo poo, but also frequently funny as hell. Very much a character piece rather than a plot one, although especially by the end the plot is super interesting. I hadn’t thought to compare it to Patriot, but the style of humour can be very similar at times, especially in how every so often there’s some amazing physical/visual comedy that comes out of nowhere. It also deals with things like the death of the middle class and how much of a burden debt is very very well.

Of course it helps that I love Wyatt Russell, I feel like a lot of people don’t, but this is absolutely the perfect role for him.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm watching the first episode of Insatiable and tbh I'm enjoying it. I wouldn't say it's very good though lmao. I think a lot of my enjoyment is coming from really loving a lot of the people in the cast.

That fat suit is tragic tho and I can't tell if it's just bad or bad on purpose.

e: tho lbr even if the show becomes increasingly worse, at the very least i'll prob end up watching the whole thing b/c alyssa milano. i'm a weak willed woman.

e2: I feel like it's very clearly trying to be trashy camp/ridiculousness like a Drop Dead Gorgeous or Popular or hell even Jawbreaker and instead it's just coming off not very exciting, and kinda mean spirited? I can't tell if it's more the script or more the production itself. It has some good lines tho (we're best friends! like in heavenly creatures!) so I'm going to lean more toward it being the direction. It has zero style or distinct tone and is shot in the most bland rear end way

w/o having looked at reviews I can imagine why people have responded badly to it, beyond it not being v well made. I don't mind the core concept or find it overly offensive myself, but I respect people who do and just from a few lines in the v beginning I can imagine it probably doesn't handle any future potentially offensive stuff w/ any tact or levity to make it work. I'm going to keep watching this but it is v uneven and v much wants to be a Ryan Murphy show, which is kinda funny b/c Murphy just signed a big Netflix deal so he'll be doing that himself for the service in the future lol

this show's got no pizazz

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 11, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Open Source Idiom posted:

I binged season 1 the other night and it's so goddamn good. It really is "Difficult Millennials"

"Stop dating men who have a 12 year old girl fantasy!"
"But it's so hard..."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo they actually used the owl theory from The Staircase in Trial & Error. This show is so much fun, a real pity that nobody nobody watches it :smith:.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo they actually used the owl theory from The Staircase in Trial & Error. This show is so much fun, a real pity that nobody nobody watches it :smith:.

What is this show?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I binged season 1 the other night and it's so goddamn good. It really is "Difficult Millennials"

"Stop dating men who have a 12 year old girl fantasy!"
"But it's so hard..."

Once you've seen episode 3 of season 2 watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVLn3mV9vA&t=897s

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

MiddleOne posted:

What is this show?

Think The Office, except it's spoofing stuff like true crime shows, Judge Judy and poo poo like that. It's actually really pretty clever and I'm happy it got a second-season pickup.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
NBC let their option to renew it lapse, so season 3 is being shopped around right now.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Escobarbarian posted:

literally the two posts directly above you, my dude!

Crap. I don’t know how I missed it.
I’m glad it seems like it was well liked. I’ll stick with it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally finishing up the latest season of Trailer Park Boys and the finale is loving awesome

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Timby posted:

Think The Office, except it's spoofing stuff like true crime shows, Judge Judy and poo poo like that. It's actually really pretty clever and I'm happy it got a second-season pickup.

Yes, this. Probably a bit more Parks & Rec than The Office but that's a good description. Also season 2 went full on The Jinx, god I love this show :allears:. And Kristin Chenoweth is a complete delight. She somehow manages to be even better than John Lithgow in the first season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something weird, I'm watching Toonami through their website on my computer which is hooked up to my TV and it popped up that the stream was displaying in Dolby Vision HDR.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm going to be an old man telling people about Galavant.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I just realized there's a fourth season of Killjoys?! What the hell. I watched a couple of episodes of season one, and was like "nah, skip", but apparently it has a fan following. Did it get any better? I thought it was campy, but not campy enough for my taste.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mike12345 posted:

I just realized there's a fourth season of Killjoys?! What the hell. I watched a couple of episodes of season one, and was like "nah, skip", but apparently it has a fan following. Did it get any better? I thought it was campy, but not campy enough for my taste.

It's always been pretty good. It's campy for sure, but it's super entertaining.

The cast makes all the difference.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm on the last episode of Safe with Michael C. Hall. I think I would have liked it more if it was four or five episodes shorter; would have made the story feel less stupid. The daughter is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

mike12345 posted:

Near the end of the first season the actual story starts picking up (an alien invasion by a species that takes over people called the "Hullen") and starting in season 2 they start leaning into the comedy a little more. Including a new opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnQhGlmTzLw

Also at the end of last season Syfy renewed it for two more seasons with the 5th being announced as a final.