Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

Excuse me buddy

Giddyup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Sophisticated music = using a lot of 7th chords

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

7th chords are so pedestrian, the most truly sophisticated use upper structure chords

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Number on end of chord = dick size in inches

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PTSDeedly Do posted:

aka the steely dan songwriting method

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

There's 12 notes... Use them.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I play only 12 note chords and when I tell people I'm poly I mean dactyly.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

PTSDeedly Do posted:

im not owned.....

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I am Otis posted:

There's 12 notes... Use them.

lol 12tet you are like a little babby

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I had a dream last night where Steve Vai dropped something on a Gibson J45 that I owned and ruined it. What does that mean, and what is this thread doing to my head?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Pondex posted:

I had a dream last night where Steve Vai dropped something on a Gibson J45 that I owned and ruined it. What does that mean, and what is this thread doing to my head?

He wouldn't have dropped anything with a monkey grip

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

gently caress Your Website posted:

He wouldn't have dropped anything with a monkey grip
:emptyquote:

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I can't help but think this just look like someone clicked around with the polygonal lasso selector in photoshop for a couple seconds and called it a day.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Danyull posted:

I can't help but think this just look like someone clicked around with the polygonal lasso selector in photoshop for a couple seconds and called it a day.

The shape is based on Klaus Nomi.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The guitar looks awesome and I’ve heard it’s really comfortable to play.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I thought it looked really stupid when I first saw it but it's grown on me.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Not a knockoff strat or LP: cool in my book.

I mean it has one each too many pickups and trems, but otherwise.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Not Stupid Music poo poo at all, please turn in your submission credentials and exit through the door to the right

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SubG posted:

Not a knockoff strat or LP: cool in my book.

I mean it has one each too many pickups and trems, but otherwise.

I think the current run is standard HH.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
St. Vincent is a cool lady and she plays/designs cool guitars. :colbert:

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
I had the chance to play around with one of the Sterling St. Vincent signature models for a few days and I loved it, it was really comfortable and fun to play and it sounded great.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

St. Vincent model is hands-down one of the best guitars I've ever played and I really want the original blue with three pickups because it sounds amazing. And yes, it's incredibly comfortable to play, especially sitting.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

St. Vincent is a cool lady and she plays/designs cool guitars. :colbert:

her uncle wrote the definitive guide on picking technique

http://archive.is/5Hrj8

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Also, to quote Duane Denison, “eventually a note should stop.”

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

that led me down a rabbithole and I found this

(from $2900 new)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

whoaaaa this rules

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

...I kinda want to try one though

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Oh this is awesome. She has a pretty unusual picking style for a rock guitarist; I wonder if she learned from him?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I actually got one of these because the original string ferrules in the Telecaster-style body I bought for a build were misaligned and I had to use a top loading bridge for the time being. Granted, mine only came with one plate. The deluxe model has three different plates made of different metals "for tone" because old bluesdads are the target demographic.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh this is awesome. She has a pretty unusual picking style for a rock guitarist; I wonder if she learned from him?

I'm glad I saw that article. I'm going to try out Benson picking and see how it goes.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is a guy who realized that after making it big, you don’t have to stick to the lovely selection for lefties. I don’t know if it’s just a screen, bit the videos I’ve seen of it has videos playing on it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

I actually got one of these because the original string ferrules in the Telecaster-style body I bought for a build were misaligned and I had to use a top loading bridge for the time being. Granted, mine only came with one plate. The deluxe model has three different plates made of different metals "for tone" because old bluesdads are the target demographic.

Well???

How much more of that sweet tone did that thing get you?

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

BonHair posted:

This is a guy who realized that after making it big, you don’t have to stick to the lovely selection for lefties. I don’t know if it’s just a screen, bit the videos I’ve seen of it has videos playing on it.

Hey hey, Stig is a god drat national treasure.

https://uglybass.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/bass-ackwards/

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BonHair posted:

That is extremely funny and probably wouldn’t be super hard to make functional all things considered. iPhone, HDMI adapter, big flat panel screen, wood.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

How was it? In terms of comfort, extra weight, sustain, (((TONE))), balance, all that goodness

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BonHair posted:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

BonHair posted:

Let’s talk about that chuckbootsuit onesie though

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Concatenation posted:

Let’s talk about that chuckbootsuit onesie though

It's awesome but I really hope it zips in the back.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Rondo Email posted:

Final Days of Summer: Rondo Tweets about REMAINING Private ! Shareholders agree at $420

lmao

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Thanks for this - I read it a while back but last time I looked it had disappeared from the site. It sounds interesting and maybe worth trying out. It seems like most picking articles are on single note/lead playing. Is there any comparable technique guidance for rhythm playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

He better be playing through a guitar shaped amp