Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I have a bunch of BPs for Archwings and their weapons, but no parts ever drop. Do they only come from syndicate rewards?

Yes, you're supposed to trade for them with other players and it's loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Archwing is on the whole a vision of 'what if the whole game was way shittier'.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

aw gear progression is super backwards because by tying it to syndis by the time you've actually ranked up syndis enough so that you're not spending all your standing towards the next level, and have enough MR/standing earned you can start throwing it around on things other than augment mods, and know enough people / willing to trade with strangers, you're probably well beyond done with the star map and have no reason to do AW beyond mastery grind

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

quanta vandal is good and the top tier way to shoot exploding cubes at people

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I got my Gara modded out and this thing is disgustingly powerful. You have permanent 90% damage reduction and infinite scaling on your shield. I have augur message on which recovers my shield and my companion has healing so I never have to worry about dying. Not that it matters because anything that looks at you has their eyes pierced by angry glass flying towards them at high velocity killing them instantly.

Only downside is having to recast her 4 every 40 or so seconds. I'm considering getting even more duration.

On another note, theres only 1 primed mod from Baro? And its an Archwing one? Ugh.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Yes, you're supposed to trade for them with other players and it's loving hell.
You can just buy all the archwing parts from the dojo, can't you?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can just buy all the archwing parts from the dojo, can't you?

The archwings themselves? Yeah.

The weapons? Nope!

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The archwings themselves? Yeah.

The weapons? Nope!

Well - you can buy ONE weapon - The Grattler - I hope you are willing to spend the 3.5k Oxium to build it. I am not sure I'd recommend that though unless the future patches/expansions improve the rewards from Archwing missions.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FileNotFound posted:

Well - you can buy ONE weapon - The Grattler - I hope you are willing to spend the 3.5k Oxium to build it. I am not sure I'd recommend that though unless the future patches/expansions improve the rewards from Archwing missions.

Knux as well! Just need a Furax and some materials, I forget which.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh yeah people melee with archwing without throwing up?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FileNotFound posted:

Oh yeah people melee with archwing without throwing up?

I just close my eyes and pretend I'm a kickass and cool-looking gundam whenever I play Archwing :shrug:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Archwing is on the whole a vision of 'what if the whole game was way shittier'.

That's a funny way of spelling PVP.

I think archwing could be salvaged with some concerted effort. PVP really should be dropped.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Okay, I asked the other day if anyone had put together a list of warframe builds used by the clan. I didn't see any response, so I started throwing one together based on my own builds. Here is the result of that:

A Children's Treasury Of Warcrimes

Note that these are not the most common builds for a frame, necessarily. My first priority is making the frame fun to play, and my second priority is making it kill everything on the map. Sometimes that takes you to some weird places. I've tried to include recommended pets/arcanes/weapons in places I feel like they really make a difference in the play style of the frame.

Feel free to recommend your own weirdass builds that you find really fun. I'm not limiting this to one per frame or anything.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Vauban doesn’t need damage to be king. Vauban 1 should setup a zone that destroys Nullifier shields and restore energy to Warframes when an enemy is killed inside the zone, fulfilling his anti-Corpus design and making him king of defense missions again. Done.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

necrobobsledder posted:

Vauban doesn’t need damage to be king. Vauban 1 should setup a zone that destroys Nullifier shields and restore energy to Warframes when an enemy is killed inside the zone, fulfilling his anti-Corpus design and making him king of defense missions again. Done.

Giving Vauban an ability to destroy nullifiers together with his already pretty good 4 would actually make him somewhat cool and good.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I just close my eyes and pretend I'm a kickass and cool-looking gundam whenever I play Archwing :shrug:

I actually like space Archwing stuff - but I found melee to be intolerable and disorienting with the camera swinging about like crazy - but since the game hates me it spent quite some time giving me only mods for archwing melee....

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FileNotFound posted:

I actually like space Archwing stuff - but I found melee to be intolerable and disorienting with the camera swinging about like crazy - but since the game hates me it spent quite some time giving me only mods for archwing melee....

:same:

Just wish they'd tweak damage (to and by user) and didn't spawn so many hordes of units. Also not make getting anything but the default Archwing stuff a goddamn chore.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, it's bad when the exciting thing from Baro is a color pallette.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On a similar note to what guns to use at MR5, what guns should I use at MR 13+? I've been using the Hek since MR4 and ever since the 200% multishot mod it's kinda been just fine at deleting anything I point it at, any shotguns a straight upgrade to it besides the tigris and are there any good rifles for level 80+ enemies I should look into?

Guns I use the most at MR13:
Ignis Wraith
Amprex
Arca Plasmor (sspppaaaccce shotgun)
Vaykor Hek (recommend wait till you have prime mods)
Baza

Speaking of MR13, as soon as I leveled I put my Tigris Prime in the oven. Pulled it out today and threw what mods I could fit. Hoooly poo poo, even with 0 ranks and primed pressure and hell's chamber it was wrecking dudes in EOS. I can't wait till it's got a few forma in it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tigris prime is vaulted, so I assume unless I shell out plat to someone I won't see it for a year.

On inaros chat, I just don't seem to find him very fun or effective, don't get me wrong, his base stats are through the roof and a rage type mod can give him infinite energy for pocket sand but his 2 and 3 aren't very interesting and his 4 is visually distracting when it's up and is just another stat boost that can occasionally drop off from falling off the level or running into a nullifier or can be used as a occasional crowd distraction, but you have pocket sand so you don't really need to use it for that.

I'd just be more interested if he had more then just massive base stats and base stat buffers.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, tigris prime will cost you plat, but because it was only just recently vaulted, you can still get it really cheap. Looks like it's about 60 plat or so on warframe market. I'd highly recommend picking it up if you're MR13.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tigris Prime can be nabbed for 60 plat or even less, the MR13 bit is substantially more effort to get.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the tigris prime is the ultimate in 'i want this thing i'm pointing at to absolutely die in 1 or 2 shots'

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Malkof posted:

Speaking of MR13, as soon as I leveled I put my Tigris Prime in the oven. Pulled it out today and threw what mods I could fit. Hoooly poo poo, even with 0 ranks and primed pressure and hell's chamber it was wrecking dudes in EOS. I can't wait till it's got a few forma in it.

Luckily, you only need one forma (but all four elemental dualstats).

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's like 20k Cryotic to research.

20K Cryotic on anything is mental but Archwing? Archwing melee? I'm not sure I've ever get that.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

It's too bad that the melee camera is so crazy, because swinging wildly through the hordes is the easiest way to get through archwing levels if you don't have much in the way of mods.

Also, for those who don't know, there are two archwing control schemes - standard and experimental. I find experimental controls to be far nicer for open maps like interception, but totally unplayable on tight maps like extermination. You can toggle between them in the control menu.

Once sufficiently leveled, Elytron is the absolute king of tight maps with hordes - with a range mod, it's 4 will wipe out whole waves and generally give you enough energy drops to do it again. Amesha is great for trivializing defense and being totally unkillable on less-mobile maps. Neither is terribly useful advice for getting through nodes for the first time, but just get some goons to carry you for that.

CODChimera posted:

20K Cryotic on anything is mental but Archwing? Archwing melee? I'm not sure I've ever get that.

They added sibear and knux as minor cryotic sinks a few years ago... but then included a major cryotic sink in PoE. Pretty sure I'm never going to build the sibear.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 10, 2018

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Which of those AW control schemes is active on POE and can I turn it back to how it behaves on starmap?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

motoh posted:

Which of those AW control schemes is active on POE and can I turn it back to how it behaves on starmap?

PoE is some weird amalgam of the least appropriate choices from each (mostly the experimental controls, though). It's incredibly annoying, but I don't think there's any way to fix it.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Helter Skelter posted:

Luckily, you only need one forma (but all four elemental dualstats).
I've got this weird :sperg: thing going on with WF so I farmed all the dual stats mods that I could. All I'm missing is jolt and ....rime rounds. gently caress you rime rounds.
I also bought the shotgun slash mod today before I knew they dropped from Dolans. Ah well.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CODChimera posted:

It's 20k to research for the clan, but you can pick it up from a clan that has it researched already, I picked one up after leveling a furax.

Best part about the Knux is that you can paint them green and pretend your using these.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's 20k to research for the clan, but you can pick it up from a clan that has it researched already, I picked one up after leveling a furax.

We have pretty much everything researched except for that and the Hema.

Hema is next, should be fun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Question about sentinels, instead of shelling out 12p for another couple slots, are there some sentinel weapons that are trash I can just toss out and level a new sentinel in their place?

I'm considering trashing the dethcube entirely.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question about sentinels, instead of shelling out 12p for another couple slots, are there some sentinel weapons that are trash I can just toss out and level a new sentinel in their place?

I'm considering trashing the dethcube entirely.

Pretty much all of them. I think I just keep the Artax because slowing beam is useful and Deconstructor because it's kinda Helios' thing and I have a riven for it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have a lot of oberon and harrow stuff (the game drop one of these every minute you play or so). Is a good idea to sell that stuff? Baron don't want that stuff, but selling it from the inventory would give me 500.000, that I need to upgrade a faction.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Tei posted:

I have a lot of oberon and harrow stuff (the game drop one of these every minute you play or so). Is a good idea to sell that stuff? Baron don't want that stuff, but selling it from the inventory would give me 500.000, that I need to upgrade a faction.

Sell all of them except one each if you haven't leveled that frame.
Think of them as a cash reserve.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tei posted:

If you already have Oberon’s parts and the Harrow chassis (they’re good frames you want), then yeah, sell that poo poo. You don’t need the spares, and you’ll get fat stacks of cash for them.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Weremacht posted:

two color palettes, an armor set and a pose

you're a fool

Alright, question... on Deathsnacks, the code name for the "Eminence" Color Palette is "ColourPickerTwitchBItemA". Was this a twitch drop? A twitch prime reward?

(Also looks like these slash mods are traps. Better to get them on trade)

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 10, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

So I have to buy another blueprint for each and every fieldron I build? Goddamnit.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

SIGSEGV posted:

So I have to buy another blueprint for each and every fieldron I build? Goddamnit.

Don't build fieldrons. They take 12 hours and is a waste of time. Invasions are up all the time and they give 3 each getting you like 12 in a matter of minutes. Unless Corpus invasions aren't up and you desperate need one right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

SIGSEGV posted:

Get all your fieldron from invasion rewards, imo.