Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Things in the "are good" column

-verity/3 grenade mods/devourlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"People don't like D2 loot because we get too much of it, not because perks aren't random!"

"Better Devils without explosive rounds is an Old Fashioned!"

"something something incel"

Phenomenal loving content today great posts. Lots of good, scorching takes.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

Lots of good, scorching takes.

VoG was mediocre

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
KF was meaty ogre

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Vex mythoclast was never broken

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It should have been just "Mythoclast" rather than "Vex Mythoclast"

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

el B posted:

Lots of good, scorching takes.

The internet is just a proving ground for next generation ontological weapons.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Vex mythoclast was never broken
I never played D1 and that gun looks and (mechanically) sounds awesome, how did it work out in practice?

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 10, 2018

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At launch, mythoclast was a face melting monster gun that killed literally everything.

After nerfing, it was a gimmick gun people sometimes pulled out for funsies but it never topped the meta ever again.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

After nerfing, it was a gimmick gun people sometimes pulled out for funsies but it never topped the meta ever again.

this describes every meta gun from d1's launch until the release of d2

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Destiny 2 now with a destiny 1 paint job to cover up all the issues but with maps and content designed around different guns and load outs?

Surely this won't be a disaster with Bungie at the helm.

I hope I'm wrong and it's fun like taken king but man they have a mountain to climb to make this game good.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Hell Yeah! :hfive:

I actually prefer its archetype over other handcannons, and I still did the same. Sure Bungie, I would love to have two of my three weapons have similar effective ranges so I can relay on my heavy with limited ammo to shoot long distance targets.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

Uh be careful not to infringe on the reddit guy's Massive Breakdown territory, wouldn't want to get internet sued

he works for Bungie now lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

he works for Bungie now lol

That's such a bungie thing to do I can't even pretend to be surprised or mad about it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
they hired the lore guy (now there is a lore book)

they hired the ttk compiler guy (the ttk is lower)

they hired the guy who did a lot of crucible videos (qp is now 6v6, Trials getting reworked)

almost like all their internal feedback was bad and wrong

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i had to stop watching the combat reveal stream because cozmo was so awful.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There any standout pvp titan exotics from the expansions? Don't have all the originals yet but everything I do have feels tepid as hell

Mile'ionaha posted:

I never played D1 and that gun looks and (mechanically) sounds awesome, how did it work out in practice?

One of the most stylish and powerful weapons in the game for a brief time

It was ludicrously powerful in pvp before they nerfed it, look up some old vids on YouTube to witness the hilarity of a 3sk full auto weapon

Also magnificent was Pocket Infinity, a full auto fusion rifle that restored ammo on misses

D1 pvp veered from one broken gun to the next, it was grand

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

they hired the guy who did a lot of crucible videos (qp is now 6v6, Trials getting reworked)

Maybe they should hire some people that made Halo games because those were pretty fun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

Maybe they should hire some people that made Halo games because those were pretty fun.

fuckin' RACK EM

Ouch!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

xzzy posted:

they caught cliffyb disease unfortunately

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

First rule of game design: listen to your player's complaints and literally nothing else. Figure out what they're actually mad about and fix that.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny doesn't share the numbers so I need to rely on internet goobers to tell me if Tractor Cannon + Void Ikelos is better or worse than Melting Point + Sleeper Sim over a 15 second DPS cycle

Impressed that you're able to crunch these figures in your head.

The numbers dont matter because the game is so loving easy, cuz it was designed for thumbless timmy and his grandpa.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah we haven't seen Luke Smith or Mark Noseworthy in a long time which is why things have gotten better. But that just means they are loving up Destiny 3 I guess.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

victrix posted:

It was ludicrously powerful in pvp before they nerfed it, look up some old vids on YouTube to witness the hilarity of a 3sk full auto weapon

That is interesting, and very unlike the fusion guns in D2.

I had a brilliant round of control where I actually managed to get some heavy ammo and proceeded to smoke four people in a row on B, I keep forgetting to record moments like that. Main Ingredient is my jam.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

FordCQC posted:

Yeah we haven't seen Luke Smith or Mark Noseworthy in a long time which is why things have gotten better. But that just means they are loving up Destiny 3 I guess.

Smith is fine, dude is basically just a fixer at this point. Noseworthy by all accounts is a gently caress

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

victrix posted:

There any standout pvp titan exotics from the expansions? Don't have all the originals yet but everything I do have feels tepid as hell

One of the most stylish and powerful weapons in the game for a brief time

Also magnificent was Pocket Infinity, a full auto fusion rifle that restored ammo on misses

There’s a Titan helmet, one that looks like an old Greek god statue thing. It gives an overshield on fist of havoc. I use it often in crucible and it is extremely good. You win every fight and take people by surprise quite a bit.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lars...sounds like Mars...coincidence???

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

victrix posted:

Cross mapping some fucko with Thorn.gif

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
hell yeah final round spear

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If you run titan for pvp theres only really three choices. Synthos if youre like to get up in cunts faces, alpha lupi for health on shield and armamentarium for not running striker with dual nades.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I don’t know how to use alpha lupus in PVP I just thought it gave you an extra orb of light from your sentinel shield or something.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don’t know how to use alpha lupus in PVP I just thought it gave you an extra orb of light from your sentinel shield or something.

In D1 it gave you extra orb drops from any super and faster rez (which was removed at some point IIRC). In D2 it now gives extra health to you and any teammates in range when you drop a wall. I don’t know any strategy tips for PVP but that can come in handy in dangerous PVE situations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Me and cheese both run it for pvp.

It gives you 60 hp. For your team to benefit they have to be right up your rear end.

It helps to win 2v1s and those times when youre both a bees dick away from death and they try to push around your shield.

Synthos are inconsistent as hell and i find that any over shield perk etc works like 1 in 3 times running them.

The only really decent thing about tiran is dual pulses so theres not much use for arma either.

60hp 100% of the time i drop a shield is pretty much as good as it gets for titans.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BlindSite posted:

If you run titan for pvp theres only really three choices. Synthos if youre like to get up in cunts faces, alpha lupi for health on shield and armamentarium for not running striker with dual nades.

Feedback is really good now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I do see the appeal. I kinda dont like the idea of having something that relies on me to be the victim for it to work. Not my playstyle.

Lupi becomes really handy when you get used to it. Its kind of 2nd nature for me to pop some health back when ive just killed some dude and see red on the radar.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xzzy posted:

First rule of game design: listen to your player's complaints and literally nothing else. Figure out what they're actually mad about and fix that.

Not a single game designer gets to adhere to these rules because of managers.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
I screwed my solstice upgrade by sharing armor between characters and now my progress shows complete but cant upgrade. Any ideas on how to unscrew this?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t understand how that’s possible unless you have two of the same class?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t understand how that’s possible unless you have two of the same class?

lots of people do for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Wait I thought you could have shotguns and snipers in the first and second slot? But aren't those only power weapons?