Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alaois posted:

Finally, a way to work Adam X, The X-Treme back in to the story

Give it to Zdarsky, Ewing, and/or Thompson and I would buy physical copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So someone's gonna have to explain to me what the ending of Adamantium Agenda is all about, because the reveal that Laura is apparently... not a clone(???) is confusing me.

On one hand it seems like there's no new information in the way it's explained, but it's presented like a shocking reveal and I don't get the hairs they seem to be splitting on that one.

Also the other detail at the end that there's an X-Man who's only posing as one through genetic engineering is pretty :what: too.

I think it's Taylor tying a bow onto his run with Laura (and it doesn't really invalidate what's going on in X-23 since that book differentiated between Gabby and Laura from the jump, what with Laura having a birthday and Gabby doesn't), and laying track for future X-Men Red stories, maybe

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Oh poo poo, it is Taylor isn't it? For some reason I had it in my head that it was Soule. poo poo, now I'm going to have to reevaluate this, I like Soule well enough but Taylor has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

howe_sam posted:

I think it's Taylor tying a bow onto his run with Laura (and it doesn't really invalidate what's going on in X-23 since that book differentiated between Gabby and Laura from the jump, what with Laura having a birthday and Gabby doesn't), and laying track for future X-Men Red stories, maybe

I mean I don't doubt it's laying ground for the future, but I still don't get the significance or even what it's implying. :v:

Tony goes from saying "you're not his clone" to "you're not just his clone" because she has Sarah's DNA, but... even back in Laura's origin story they mentioned that Sarah used her DNA to replace a missing chromosome. And they obviously resemble each other. It seems like a whole lot of "yeah we already knew this."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I mean I don't doubt it's laying ground for the future, but I still don't get the significance or even what it's implying. :v:

Tony goes from saying "you're not his clone" to "you're not just his clone" because she has Sarah's DNA, but... even back in Laura's origin story they mentioned that Sarah used her DNA to replace a missing chromosome. And they obviously resemble each other. It seems like a whole lot of "yeah we already knew this."

It was heavily implied, especially during Taylor’s run, but this is the first confirmation. Yost has denied it in the past.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

So someone's gonna have to explain to me what the ending of Adamantium Agenda is all about, because the reveal that Laura is apparently... not a clone(???) is confusing me.

On one hand it seems like there's no new information in the way it's explained, but it's presented like a shocking reveal and I don't get the hairs they seem to be splitting on that one.

Also the other detail at the end that there's an X-Man who's only posing as one through genetic engineering is pretty :what: too.

It's just weak as hell because I thought we already knew that stuff about her.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edmund Lava posted:

It was heavily implied, especially during Taylor’s run, but this is the first confirmation. Yost has denied it in the past.

Denied what, that Laura wasn't 100% female Wolverine?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Denied what, that Laura wasn't 100% female Wolverine?

Realized I was misremembered this quote from Craig Kyle

quote:

Laura’s mother had green eyes, and although she was created by the cloned genetics of Wolverine, there were modifications made to the DNA. She is Logan’s genetic sister, not his exact copy. And although she should have his eye color given the process of her creation, I made the conscious choice to give her the same eyes as her mother. So for the record, X-23’s true eye color is green.

Still pretty sure this is the first confirmation even if it was obvious for no other reason than the eye color.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

It was pretty explicitly shown in her origin story and second(?) comic appearance. Dr Kinney was working on cloning wolverine, but the genetic sample the Institute had was damage and none of the previous 1-22 attempts worked. So she hit on the idea of splicing in some of her own DNA to repair missing segments. Like how in Jurassic Park they used frog DNA to shore up the dino DNA they got from the amber mosquitos.

Then Dr Kinney's evil boss found out and forced her to become a surrogate.

But Laura didn't know those details apparently, so I guess it's new to her.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-Men Disassembled I guess: https://www.newsarama.com/41318-uncanny-x-men-1-will-be-disassembled-this-november.html?utm_source=notification

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"it could very well be the X-Men’s FINAL mission!"
Narrator voice: "It wasn't".

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kelly Thomspon's involved so her parts at least will be at the very least readable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like none of the X-Men Black people are in there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Psylocke being back in her original body is a good decision. I don't know why it's taken this long to make that weird situation go away.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

Psylocke being back in her original body is a good decision. I don't know why it's taken this long to make that weird situation go away.

Because she's popular that way and nobody ever cared about British Psylocke.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also her original body died of the Legacy virus

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Because she's popular that way and nobody ever cared about British Psylocke.

Sexy Ninja sold a lot of comics once upon a time.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Whichever one was in the Children of the Atom fighting game wins.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like both Psylockes, but the original one’s costume is actually one of my all time favorites for some reason. I just love the cloak and the mask and the armor and all of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

are her old eyes still going to be cameras that feed directly to Mojo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alaois posted:

are her old eyes still going to be cameras that feed directly to Mojo

Kwannon gouged them out shortly before she died.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Kwannon gouged them out shortly before she died.

harsh, but fair

e: also as i think the only person in this subforum reading Mystery in Madripoor, I'm not gonna say this makes sense, but I can see it coming in the final issue.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Aphrodite posted:

X-Men Black looks like it's not going to be a "team" so much as it's a series of interconnected villain-centric one-shots

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

Ike Perlmutter doesn't care about X-Men Black people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

X-Men Black looks like it's not going to be a "team" so much as it's a series of interconnected villain-centric one-shots

Oh I know, I just mean it looks like none of those tweeners are turning face again from that art at least.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Storm is standing right next to Jean Grey.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How did we know that we were supposed to pronounce the "X" at the start of "Xavier" (i.e. "Ex-avier") before cartoons and so on? In real life I've only ever heard it pronounced as "Zavier" or sometimes as "Javier". If it's pronounced the way it is in the comics in real life, then you'll have to pardon my ignorance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

How did we know that we were supposed to pronounce the "X" at the start of "Xavier" (i.e. "Ex-avier") before cartoons and so on? In real life I've only ever heard it pronounced as "Zavier" or sometimes as "Javier". If it's pronounced the way it is in the comics in real life, then you'll have to pardon my ignorance.

I assume the only time it's pronounced Ex-avier is in the cartoons and movies that feature Charles Xavier. I've never met a Xavier in real life, but I've met a couple of Xanders and it's alway pronounced Zander.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I assume the only time it's pronounced Ex-avier is in the cartoons and movies that feature Charles Xavier. I've never met a Xavier in real life, but I've met a couple of Xanders and it's alway pronounced Zander.

I'm sure there's thousands of Xavier's out there who have been named after Chuck.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure there's thousands of Xavier's out there who have been named after Chuck.

I bet they go by Zavier too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In my world it’s white people who say Zavier and Spanish speakers that say Javier and cool teens and me who still say Ex-avier.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I bet they go by Zavier too.

They probably go by their middle names.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

Sure, but what I mean is, would X-Men fans discussing the comic in the 70s or 80s before there was a cartoon or movies or anything be calling him "Professor Zavier" or did Marvel have things like editor's notes from Len Wein that said "Remember, true believers - 'Xavier' is pronounced 'Ex-avier'! Excelsior! - Laughin' Len."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, but what I mean is, would X-Men fans discussing the comic in the 70s or 80s before there was a cartoon or movies or anything be calling him "Professor Zavier" or did Marvel have things like editor's notes from Len Wein that said "Remember, true believers - 'Xavier' is pronounced 'Ex-avier'! Excelsior! - Laughin' Len."

There has to be a moment in X-Men history where they said "X-Men, after Xavier" or something.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Before the cartoon I pronounced it “Zavier” like the cabbage patch doll guy. I think that’s the only time ever heard that name in real life before the 90s cartoon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

They probably go by their middle names.

I guess Logan sounds a bit more normal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I guess Logan sounds a bit more normal.

I guess? I know a guy who's 29 and claims to have been named after Wolverine so I guess it was a thing even back then. Silly comic book names are something I came across at the store very frequently.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I guess? I know a guy who's 29 and claims to have been named after Wolverine so I guess it was a thing even back then. Silly comic book names are something I came across at the store very frequently.

If he's 29 that means he was born in 89, which was probably Wolverine's peak popularity until the movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

If he's 29 that means he was born in 89, which was probably Wolverine's peak popularity until the movies.

Yeah that sounds about right. The ongoing started in 1987 I think. Hell by 91 he was in a dozen comics a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Aphrodite posted:

Oh I know, I just mean it looks like none of those tweeners are turning face again from that art at least.

Yeah, I have heard that the directive to the writers was "You know how sometimes you see a story starring a villain and at the end of it you kind of feel like maybe the villain isn't all bad, like maybe they have a point? Those are not the stories we're looking for." So.