Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

I doubt this will get a second because I'm pretty sure the only way to watch will be an obstructed fan cam in portrait mode https://www.facebook.com/TotalmenteLucha/videos/672876706411609/

but HM: LA Park and Dr Wagner Jr vs Rush and Bestia Del Ring, KLANDESTINO 8/4

All the cool Park/Rush segments you want plus Wagner, Park throwing beer bottles, an extended comedy segment with the ref and of course tons of heat.

Here is a better quality fan cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpn2taP9MhQ

Also second HM to Tanahashi vs Elgin

and MOTYC

Okada vs EVIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM: New Day vs The Bar Smackdown 8/7/18

HM: Mustafa Ali vs Hideo Itami 205 Live 8/7/18

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

achillesforever6 posted:

HM: New Day vs The Bar Smackdown 8/7/18

Second. Always nice to get a reminder that The New Day are a great tag team (as are The Bar).

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
doubt anyone here actually has a demand progress subscription but throwing these out here in case someone seeks out a dailymotion or whatever whenever it goes up

MOTYC: LAX vs CCK (Chris Brookes & Jonathan Gresham), Progress NYC 8/6
Hottest crowd I've ever seen at La Boom. Hardest I've ever bit on near-falls when the winner was so obvious and immutable from the outset. Some of the most wonderful tag team spots I've ever seen. Would be the best match I've seen live this year if not for Gargano/Almas.

HM: British Strong Style vs Jimmy Havoc, Brody King, & Eddie Kingston, Progress NYC 8/6
Might not seem like a main event match on paper, but was an absolute blast of a "house show match" that I think will come across well on tape. Lots of silly spots and intra-team comedy while still being coherent and keeping everyone invested. Keep your eye on Trent Seven, who has the funniest little storyline with Jimmy Havoc during this whole thing

Also good on the show, for those who do got the VOD: Riddle vs Mandrews was really fun and a little special for us EVOLVE fans because there's a very high chance this is the last time Riddle will ever be wrestling at La Boom. Natalia Marakova vs Ashley Vox had one of the craziest loving bumps I've ever seen outside of a hardcore match, and that was like not even halfway through the match. Just a total blast from two people I'd never heard of. TK Cooper vs Eddie Dennis and Grizzled Young Veterans vs Sexy Starr were both whatever, but helped by very strong heel heat. Great show overall

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

G1 Night 16

WMOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Tama Tonga
WMOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Yano Toru

Both on their way to being really loving good, both hosed up by stupid bullshit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I can't go along with that. Yano Omega should have been MOTYC until the finish which was dogshit, but not so bad I'd call it among the worst matches of the year.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Ishii/Juice
HM: Omega/Yano
HM: Naito/SANADA

Omega/Yano would have been MOTY if not for the finish.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

doubt anyone here actually has a demand progress subscription but throwing these out here in case someone seeks out a dailymotion or whatever whenever it goes up

MOTYC: LAX vs CCK (Chris Brookes & Jonathan Gresham), Progress NYC 8/6
Hottest crowd I've ever seen at La Boom. Hardest I've ever bit on near-falls when the winner was so obvious and immutable from the outset. Some of the most wonderful tag team spots I've ever seen. Would be the best match I've seen live this year if not for Gargano/Almas.

I cannot wait for this match, LAX are one of the tightest tag teams I've ever seen live.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall, 8/7

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship: YAMATO and BxB Hulk vs. Naruki Doi and Big R Shimizu

If you’ve been following Dragon Gate this year, than the gently caress finish was expected and long awaited, otherwise it’s a good match until that point. Surprisingly sloppy from a Dragon Gate Match but whatever. Also suffered by being the immediate follow up to the Kobe World twin Gate match (the best match of the year), and repeating some spots.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 9, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

yes to these two

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Agreed

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
G1 Night 16

jesus WEP posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

yes to these two
thirded

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi A Block Finals - 8/10

This is the "worst" Okada/Tanahashi match I've ever seen. It was still really loving good! Most other years it would have probably been a MOTYC, Jesus these guys are great.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi A Block Finals - 8/10

This is the "worst" Okada/Tanahashi match I've ever seen. It was really loving good and most other years it would have probably been a MOTYC.
It's loving wild that a 4* match is considered a letdown. the G-1 Climax this year is going to beat out the 94 Super-J Cup as best tournament of all time, and Kenny Omega and Okada are likely to make Manami Toyota and Misawa and Steamboat vs Flair look like total chumps in the GOAT categories in the last 12 months alone.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
MOTYC: Tanahashi vs. Okada

i thought that was one of the best matches of the tournament. i like it when no one gets dropped on their head and the match still has just as much electricity and intensity.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Foul Fowl posted:

i thought that was one of the best matches of the tournament. i like it when no one gets dropped on their head and the match still has just as much electricity and intensity.

Second this. I think it may be my favourite match of the tournament.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Foul Fowl posted:

yep

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe I'm going to out myself as a massive fun hater but

WMOTYC: The Elite vs. Kota Ibushi, Chase Owens & Marty Scurll

I'd go HM on Hangman/YOSHI-HASHI too

And obviously

MOTYC: Okada/Tanahashi

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
G1 A Block Final
MOTYC: Okada vs Tanahashi

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Tanahashi vs Okada

Still the best feud of the decade

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Valiente - Hechicero - Relampago Match - CMLL Viernes 8-10-18

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 11, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yep. It's crazy how that's considered one of the lower-tier Okada/Tana matches, which just tells you how amazing the other ones were.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nthing this, and I'll go on the record saying that the last 5 or so minutes of the match elevated this from one of the weaker entries in the saga (felt almost like a "greatest hits" version of the match at times) to the best match of theirs since WK9 or so.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The sprint at the end is fantastic

And Here's the Valiente - Hechicero Lightning Match - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C02ATFWozM&t=3584s

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 11, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

G1 B Block finals

HM: Goto vs Juice
MOTYC: Sanada vs Ishii
HM: ZSJ vs Naito
MOTYC: Omega vs Ibushi holy poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

G1 B Block Finals:

HM: Goto vs. Juice
HM: Ishii vs. SANADA
HM: ZSJ vs. Naito
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega

The last match was unreal.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MOTYC: Omega vs Ibushi :aaaaa:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

G1 B Block finals

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

:agreed:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

Nth

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Frankston posted:

MOTYC: Omega vs Ibushi :aaaaa:

Nth'ed. I can't believe that they managed to not kill each other nearly as much as I was afraid they might.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll go MOTYC on SANADA/Ishii. I thought it was better than the main event, honestly. By a decent margin.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

G1 B Block finals

Yes all of these are good to me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

Agreeing with this as well (haven't watched Juice/Goto yet). But HOLY poo poo Omega/Ibushi. I was legit doing :aaa: at some of the spots in that match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

nth. Dear god what an awesome show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Okada vs Tanahashi (one of their best(

HM: Sanada vs Ishii
HM: Naito vs ZSJ
MOTYC: Ibushi vs Omega

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
G1 B Block Final

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Sanada vs Ishii
HM: Naito vs ZSJ
MOTYC: Ibushi vs Omega
2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Would it be possible to organize the running list by promotion? Not the end of the world if not - I just signed up for NJPW's streaming for G1 and it'd be nice to go back and watch the MOTYCs.