Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

thechalkoutline posted:

Quality matters a lot less than maxing SCD, and then maxing Ignore Defense, which is what cards are for. So your first goal is to make sure you have SCD on every card as a secondary.

Primary stats you're looking for AA best, then ID, then SCD. The rank doesn't matter at all tbh.

The Loki #2 has SCD as a fixed 5.1% then energy attack and ID as the primary rank-dependent attributes meaning I have +11% on both of those plus 5.1% SCD from Loki #2. I can roll All Attack as one of the secondary options but the max ID and Energy Attack seem nice. For the GotG All Attack is the rank-based primary with SCD and ID available as secondaries so I think that one is definitely worth re-rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MonkeyBot posted:

The Loki #2 has SCD as a fixed 5.1% then energy attack and ID as the primary rank-dependent attributes meaning I have +11% on both of those plus 5.1% SCD from Loki #2. I can roll All Attack as one of the secondary options but the max ID and Energy Attack seem nice. For the GotG All Attack is the rank-based primary with SCD and ID available as secondaries so I think that one is definitely worth re-rolling.

You can boil it down even more, honestly. What you're looking on for each card is the ability to roll "the trifecta," which is AA/ID/SCD. Most cards will have one of these as a fixed affix. Loki has 2, which is why it rules.

So really you start with 1 fixed stat, and you want to roll a secondary on each of your cards. You do this first because it's statistically exponentially easier than taking a 2 affix card and going for 3.

Basically once all your cards have 2/3 trifecta, you start working towards getting trifecta on all 3 cards. Took me years I think.

The only caveats are you really need to keep your SCD maxed, and not all cards are capable of rolling trifecta

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd forgotten how tedious Epic Quests can be.

1000 speed stones :sigh:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I got to 61% done yesterday. Was pretty excited for today. Hit 3 star Domino requirement and 63% done. Wind just sucked right out of my sails.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
It, uh, didn’t occur to me to keep running Messy Friends to find seed poo poo, so I already did Villain Siege today and now I feel dumb.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

thechalkoutline posted:

You can boil it down even more, honestly. What you're looking on for each card is the ability to roll "the trifecta," which is AA/ID/SCD. Most cards will have one of these as a fixed affix. Loki has 2, which is why it rules.

So really you start with 1 fixed stat, and you want to roll a secondary on each of your cards. You do this first because it's statistically exponentially easier than taking a 2 affix card and going for 3.

Basically once all your cards have 2/3 trifecta, you start working towards getting trifecta on all 3 cards. Took me years I think.

The only caveats are you really need to keep your SCD maxed, and not all cards are capable of rolling trifecta

That's pretty helpful, thanks! I've been trying to decide on some stupid easy rule to simplify my decisions and this works.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

The Dave posted:

I got to 61% done yesterday. Was pretty excited for today. Hit 3 star Domino requirement and 63% done. Wind just sucked right out of my sails.

Lol, exactly the same here; what really sucks is I have a poo poo ton of 4* and 5* tickets, so if I could get her to 3* I'd be set.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

plainswalker75 posted:

Lol, exactly the same here; what really sucks is I have a poo poo ton of 4* and 5* tickets, so if I could get her to 3* I'd be set.

Yep I have like 15-20 of 4/5/6 but just ~3 for 2 and 3 and would never use them on a farmable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm glad they're giving up a 6* ticket m. Going to use that on Ghost so I can use the bios to rank up her gear.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad they're giving up a 6* ticket m. Going to use that on Ghost so I can use the bios to rank up her gear.

Colossus as heck for mine

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All the 6* characters they are giving out, I've already got at 6*, if not T2. What do you get in that case? Or is it just basically a no-prize?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Steve Vader posted:

All the 6* characters they are giving out, I've already got at 6*, if not T2. What do you get in that case? Or is it just basically a no-prize?

~256 of their bios I think.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You get like 300 of their bios. Not terrible but not as good.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Nova is getting his final star for me!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Cool. So I'll get a bunch of Apocalypse/Jean/Wanda food. OK.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fart simpson posted:

Colossus as heck for mine

Yea I was hoping I'd get one when I was leveling colossus but nope. Or before that Magik.

I have so many t2s because they used to give us so many 6* tickets.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

twistedmentat posted:

The 50 non guarantees drops from Story quests is fuckin rude

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Wait til you get to the 50 non-guaranteed drops from Dimension Rifts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm fine with the Epic Quest. I'm over 50% in a couple of days. I'm not gonna get it all done right away but that's why its "Epic." I'm content to just make as much progress as I can every day after doing all my daily stuff.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Haha, the buzz right now is that Stryfe isn't very good. People seem to think Psylocke is literally better than him. Wonder if they're just missing something...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zokari posted:

Haha, the buzz right now is that Stryfe isn't very good. People seem to think Psylocke is literally better than him. Wonder if they're just missing something...

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/969ood/fully_built_stryfe_world_boss_gameplay/

blast character vs corvus is the reason lol

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Any guesses on how much $ this whale spent to get "fully built Stryfe" this soon?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

$6900

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
To be fair Psylocke is also a monster at the moment. She is better than most characters even at T1.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Waifu deserves to be #1

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I know RNG gonna RNG, but this X Jet fuel is some nonsense. I’ve run 50 story missions, and so far I have 6 fuel.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I'm weird but I kind of like those. Like, they convinced me to chill out and not feel so needy to finish it as fast as possible. Now I'm just doing what I can easily each day and moving on. I'm at "Rank up Domino" and like, I figure I'll just take 5 days and collect her bios and save the tickets. I'll get Deadpool eventually.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
It’s nice that they finally made auto-clear count for earning character xp.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 12, 2018

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Oh something that I learned from the Reddit Whales. DP costs 1200 Cosmic Cube Fragments (plus other stuff) to Tier 3.
So if you were considering T3ing somebody else bear that in mind.

Like I nearly have all the mats to Tier 3 Thor. (At 720 CC fragments and 9/10 Books.) But I have to factor in how much of a pain it will be to grind 1200 of those fragments for Deadpool.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m in a pickle with T3 because I have Cap and I feel like my next T3 should be an energy attack character but I’m not really into Thor or Ironman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's the one I'm on now. I keep checking back every couple of hours to use what energy I've gotten since then to get some more. I'm at 25 right now.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

twistedmentat posted:

That's the one I'm on now. I keep checking back every couple of hours to use what energy I've gotten since then to get some more. I'm at 25 right now.

Somehow with all the extra bonuses I rocketed to around 800 energy so I was able to just blow away all the missions that have bios I want and finish the mission

Now I need 1200 stones uggggh

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, when I hit that stage I just cashed in all the energy I had in my inbox and it worked out to be nearly 1000. I ended up burning 500 on the spot to finish that one. That was kind of the moment I was like "ok, maybe I need to just relax and let this stuff come when it comes."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Somehow with all the extra bonuses I rocketed to around 800 energy so I was able to just blow away all the missions that have bios I want and finish the mission

Now I need 1200 stones uggggh

Used that to blast though stuff in the first few days. I liked getting Colossus bios from this quest, as now I only need about 60 to get him to t2, but I am not subbing to get them because I don't need the rest, so it is such a waste of money.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can get Colossus bios from his X-Force missions now. Its only 3 a day max but its something to eventually get him to 4/20 now that those dropped ones got him close.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

He shows up as a striker for both Stupid X-Men missions so you can get 6 a day. Also if it's like Clea you can force quit the game at the start if he doesn't show up and it will not count towards your play count.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

You can get Colossus bios from his X-Force missions now. Its only 3 a day max but its something to eventually get him to 4/20 now that those dropped ones got him close.

He is a Shifter not a guaranteed drop from his Stupid X-men mission. Apparently you can get up to 8 a day if you keep resetting the missions (Stupid X-men and Pylocke Deluxe) until he shows up as a shifter. At least according to the reddit thread, I haven't had the patience to try to get 8 a day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ah. I just did the Colossus ones and even though it was Fantomex shifting I was getting Colossus ones and then I did Psylocke and got none so I just kind of assumed.

Either wait its a way to get Colossus a few at a time so the goal is just to treat him like Clea and keep auto-running those every day instead of auto-clearing.

I can't be bothered to force quit or spend crystals to recharge for him. I'll just add it to my daily schedule and eventually he'll get there.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Luckily I'm at 20/19/19/19 so hopefully that doesn't take too long. Hearing how great Psylocke is has convinced me to get that pack as soon as I have enough crystals. At 6,125 now and trying to level up dudes to Level 60 as quickly as possible to get more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I'm in no rush. I'll do Deadpool, Fantomex, and Domino all the regular way. When they're all done hopefully I'll have Colossus at 4/20 and I'll use a ticket. Then maybe I'll have saved up enough for Psylocke or buy a pack. I'm only at 1000 right now so it will be awhile, but I'm not gonna worry about her until the others are done.