Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Harada bring back Mokujin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
So are anna and lei going to cost money? I thought they said any returning DLC characters would be free.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Speaking of DLC, is the season pass worth investing in or should I just pick up the characters separately? I think Tekken Bowl looks fun and all, but I would think the characters are more important. I know Eliza doesn't come with the pass so I'd have to pick her up in addition, I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you want bowling play yakuza
Geese is cool tho

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

darealkooky posted:

So are anna and lei going to cost money? I thought they said any returning DLC characters would be free.

They lied

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

darealkooky posted:

We don't know for sure right now but I think it's likely that they will.

The actual tweet about "classic tekken characters" was pretty ambiguous (and in a language he doesn't speak fluently) so it probably comes down to your own interpretation.

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/1026718286073843712

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do sways have i-frames?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Do sways have i-frames?

Iframes isn't a thing in Tekken generally.
The only moves that have iframes are techrolls, Eliza/Akuma's DPs and Geese's Super.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Iframes isn't a thing in Tekken generally.
The only moves that have iframes are techrolls, Eliza/Akuma's DPs and Geese's Super.

Crushes do happen though; basically a move can be set to automatically dodge highs or lows, and some moves can just distort hurtboxes enough to dodge stuff (not actually a crush though, just evasive, like how Claudio's hopkick can dodge many highs and even some mids, but is still a low crush move).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So when you sway you get a shrunk hurtbox? Ok thanks

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

watch ur skellets out there guys

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Best part of playing fighting games online, right there.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack Trades posted:

Best part of playing fighting games online, right there.

Sometimes you find someone in rank that you fight for an entire hour and they add you on steam and you talk a lot about what kicked each other's rear end and keep them for future friendly duels :3:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
hate mail is the highest compliment.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

i will destroy all ur skellet by one hit

lmbo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I need my skellit to make home fries

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Arcella posted:

Harada bring back Mokujin

I would pay $8 for Mokujin

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My perfect wooden boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFATGrwt1R4

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Worked with these for two years and they're as light as a feather, but the sanwa monitor always has that lovely inherit lag. I think people liked it more when we put Tag2 back in the day on smaller monitors instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like the floor illuminating lights underneath

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The dude that owns that cab made it himself, I think. I've seen it on instructables where he took pictures of the process and then once in a while he loads some game up on it like that and posts it on reddit to collect internet points.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is that a kraylix?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I keep getting this weird error on Steam when I try to start T7 which causes me to have to validate the files and it replaces one single file at the end. How the hell do I make it not happen at all?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Is that a kraylix?

it's a skeleton

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crossposting

In Training posted:

Tekken 7 season 2 begins on September 6th with Lei and Anna. Price is 2800 in JP, so presumably around 25 for the US. You can also buy chars individually for 500 yen (4 dollars?)

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Armor King better be one of the other season 2 characters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Junk posted:

Armor King better be one of the other season 2 characters

Aris was saying after the announcement that tekken 7 sort of melded characters together in a sense and a lot of armor kings moves are regular kings now so it seems unlikely to see him or a few other chars he rattled off in the vid. Idk if true but he would know i guess

Starts talking about it at 5:30 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8T6Cfwrp68

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 19, 2018

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

Aris was saying after the announcement that tekken 7 sort of melded characters together in a sense and a lot of armor kings moves are regular kings now so it seems unlikely to see him or a few other chars he rattled off in the vid. Idk if true but he would know i guess

Starts talking about it at 5:30 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8T6Cfwrp68

Second option then, give king an armor king costume.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC, wasn't that sort of the Tekken 3 solution anyway? I don't see why they didn't start off with the costume.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Coming back to this game after EVO, and I can admit that I am completely rear end at Tekken and only held out not playing it this long because I was a true believer that Virtua Fighter would return, but I can also appreciate a game where I do legit like everyone in it.

I can also appreciate that I can celebrate my small steps such as "oh poo poo, I can finally (slow) KDB three times on 1P side maybe 40% of the time now"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KidDynamite posted:

I keep getting this weird error on Steam when I try to start T7 which causes me to have to validate the files and it replaces one single file at the end. How the hell do I make it not happen at all?

Delete everything tekken related and re-instal?

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Hey everyone the patch notes are OUT. Take a look and drool or bitch over how your character was ruined or made top tier.

http://tekkengamer.com/2018/09/04/tekken-7-season-2-patch-notes-now-available-new-moves-many-buffs-and-some-nerfs/

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kazumi, Geese and Claudio look good to me.
Especially Claudio.

Can't judge any other character really.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I like how Leo just got a bunch of buffs

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm not experienced enough to interpret the notes fully, but it looks like my boy Feng didn't get too many changes which is good. And it seems like Jack and Drag got nerfs, and they're the only two characters that I felt really needed them.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They nerfed deathfist poo poo game

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
I’ll start it with gabbing about my Italian husband, Claudio. Claudio got more changes than most other characters and probably for good reason. His move set was kinda whack with a few killer tools and a meh to awful everything else.

A huge change is that starburst commands are now available without Starburst! Don’t get too excited though, there is basically zero chance that the moves will behave the same outside of STB. D12 alone would make that stupid broken. We have no idea what the stb moves will do without STB so it remains to be seen how useful these moves are.

Otherwise, Claudio got mostly buffs. His terrible strings were all buffed to be useable in some way, either being made NC, NCC, CH launches or having better frames when stopping the string early. 212 is looking really good, with 21 having decent block frames and the followup now counterhit launching. Db43, a move you never knew existed, is now an NC lowhigh for another low option. He’s got more + frames on f4, uf3, and d12 to gel with his improved counterhit game. Also, his damage has been increased on multiple moves including punishes and launchers, making up a little for his still mediocre lows.

His biggest nerfs were to f3, b42, and d2. F3 is now high and crushes lows later in the startup so it’s much less an always good answer, but is still a solid keepout tool by being safer on block, more pushback, and a ch launch. As a consequence, 43 is HH, but also better on block and the second hit can ch launch, and is also delayable. D2 is less safe and now -1 on hit. B42 is NC (yay!) but now unsafe and with less pushback (poo poo!). B41 is a new move and b43 was made better and also NC so you should be switching up which extension you use now instead of sticking your leggy out and earning free space and damage.

13 is another new move with mysterious properties (my guess is a high low or another combo filler string), and several moves like b1 and ss4 might have gained new ch properties or launches. He’s still got a ton of unknowns but he’s looking way better than season 1, if a little less braindead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are Claudios Mids being turned into Highs a nerf or is it actually a stealth giving the more reason to opponent to duck so you can hopkick them? :pseudo: