Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1028021857562312707

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

:wmwink:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I don't know the first thing about Josh Johnson but I do know that Austin Davis looked like absolute poo poo last night

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I knew it!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Step 1: take the cigarette out of your mouth

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Just bring in Kaep goddammit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

I don't know the first thing about Josh Johnson but I do know that Austin Davis looked like absolute poo poo last night

well for one he was literally a third stringer behind colin kaepernick

The league's continued interest in him could be exhibit like a through z

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Pungry posted:

Just bring in Kaep goddammit

loving seriously

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Step 1: take the cigarette out of your mouth
Nah, he’s gotta take a drag to puff into her cooter, just so she can queef smoke rings out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Android Apocalypse posted:

Nah, he’s gotta take a drag to puff into her cooter, just so she can queef smoke rings out.

:wow:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/4for4football/status/1028103721895559168

Fantasy related, but that first line is gold.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Still hate the logo and the typeface but kind of dig the navy helmets.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Still hate the logo and the typeface but kind of dig the navy helmets.

Yeah makes them look more like a real team and not something generic

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1028126942782865409

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Couldn't waste the opportunity!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Benne posted:

Hey y'all, I'm working on this year's hot seat thread that will go up sometime over the weekend. Give me a good thread title before you get stuck with a boring one.

Hue are you? Fired? - Fired!

Apologies to the Who.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Play posted:

There's one called ecseller.ru that people have said good things about in the past but I've never ordered there

Confirming this

I've ordered a poo poo ton of jerseys from them in the last 6-7 years and don't have any complaints.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kalli posted:

I'm a bit bored at work, so if anyone wants some bits from the FO Almanac about players / team units or whatever, I'll post a few.

If you're still doing this I'm very curious on their writeup/projections for AB and Juju.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Couldn't waste the opportunity!
I had it down to you or Joey Freshwater lol

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Zerilan posted:

If you're still doing this I'm very curious on their writeup/projections for AB and Juju.

Same

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Favorite football podcasts: go

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

Around the NFL by the literal NFL. The 4 writers have been podcasting for 5 seasons together now, and it’s absolutely clear they’re extremely good friends. It took me about 2 seasons to discern their voices but now I feel like I know each of them well.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Move the sticks is also good. It's more in depth but can be kinda dry.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

sharknado slashfic posted:

Thomahawk

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Around the NFL by the literal NFL. The 4 writers have been podcasting for 5 seasons together now, and it’s absolutely clear they’re extremely good friends. It took me about 2 seasons to discern their voices but now I feel like I know each of them well.

It's pretty drat funny although they do partake in a fair amount of hot takes then make fun of other hot takes. But worth a listen.

My favorite Raider centric pods are State of the Nation, which is two local beat writers, and Pillaging Podcast, a fan pod that keeps things real.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Around the NFL is really in a class of its own.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Eifert Posting posted:

Move the sticks is also good. It's more in depth but can be kinda dry.

Move the sticks is absolute trash it's just two guys parroting received wisdom and doing that dumb guy thing of repeating what each other say over and over and over and over again and using hackneyed phrasing like "I believe this kid has what it takes to be a quarterback in the National Football League" to disguise their utter lack of independent thought. Even when they do interviews with draft prospects and coaches it's just utterly information free. You could replace it with a markov bot fed from the studio segments in between games on sundays.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

fsif posted:

Around the NFL is good but it's main negative is they don't really analyze things and very rarely even mention statistics. But it's still decent and I do like how the hosts work together. I'm gonna mention the MMQB Ten Things podcast (do NOT listen to Albert Breer, the rest of the MMQB series is good) and the Pick Six Podcast (CBS Sports I think?) which comes out daily and has become one of my favorites. Locked On NFL with Matt Williamson is alright although pretty dry and often it's only him.

The ones I would make sure to avoid are the ones that are focused on fantasy football

Play fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 12, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

fsif posted:

You might say they're heroes.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

"pictures of other running backs standing near derrick henry" is a genre of photography that will never get old

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Is there a good numbers focused nfl podcast?

Something like effectively wild or the ringer mlb show, both of which are excellent stats focused baseball podcasts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Is there a good numbers focused nfl podcast?

Something like effectively wild or the ringer mlb show, both of which are excellent stats focused baseball podcasts

I've been looking for one but mainly I just get fantasy stuff which I don't like. Probably some of them will get more numbers focused but obviously don't get much chance in the offseason.

There must be a PFF podcast though, maybe that would do it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Play posted:

Around the NFL is good but it's main negative is they don't really analyze things and very rarely even mention statistics. But it's still decent and I do like how the hosts work together. I'm gonna mention the MMQB Ten Things podcast (do NOT listen to Albert Breer, the rest of the MMQB series is good) and the Pick Six Podcast (CBS Sports I think?) which comes out daily and has become one of my favorites. Locked On NFL with Matt Williamson is alright although pretty dry and often it's only him.

The ones I would make sure to avoid are the ones that are focused on fantasy football

Chris Wesseling and 60% G Gregg Rosenthal absolutely being stats and analysis into it. They're scientists after all. Around the NFL is top tier, and my go to for years, Ross Tucker, is like 50% ad reads, 30% him making canned responses to news items and 20% a useful guest (Andrew Brandt, Greg Cosell, etc). It's mostly bad mow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The ringer nfl podcast is solid thanks to Robert Mays but the other guy is pretty stupid and belongs on the around the nfl one.

The other episodes with Mike Lombardi are pretty rough unless you want to hear a failed gm tell you how bad his opinions are

Barnwell's pod is decent but he doesn't work well without Mays to bounce stuff off of but he is rather numbers focused.

Around the nfl would be a ton better if someone broke their loving soundboard. It's trash.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
See I love the ATN soundboard. All their Schtick is good, and I even listened to all he back episodes years too late cause their personalities are so good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

🎶this one's for John, and that one's for John. 🎶

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Around the nfl would be a ton better if someone broke their loving soundboard. It's trash.

This is hate speech.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
get your odds and ends

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

This is hate speech.

It'd be fine if they used it like a fifth as much as they do but it's a sub hour long show get rid of the zoo crew poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They get me to laugh sometimes which is pretty rare for a football podcast. It's nice to have one like that out there

• Locked thread