Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The HoF game is this month....thats.....something I guess :geno:

Also bringing this over from July

https://twitter.com/FredTJoseph/status/1024330451941564416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns 16-0 is real!!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CyberPingu posted:

The only this month, as of this post it's tomorrow! Wooooo!

I'm going to make nachos and then get bored and check out to play Harvest Moon by the second half.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns 16-0 is real!!!!

-ly unrealistic?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

-ly unrealistic?

I give the Browns exactly as much chance of going 16-0 as I do anyone else this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CyberPingu posted:

just ordered that shirt.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

I give the Browns exactly as much chance of going 16-0 as I do anyone else this year.

Was it SI.com that predicted a 16-0 Pats team last year?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

USA Today, I believe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

they lost to jay cutler rofl

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

they lost to jay cutler rofl

So did the Dolphins.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
that's your comeback?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1024660195669147648

is it me or

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cavallingus posted:

that's your comeback?

Look, the man is staring mortality in the face. We should allow him some space before the Pats go back to what they always should have been.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Allllmost there....we have a couple more to go...!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Look, the man is staring mortality in the face. We should allow him some space before the Pats go back to what they always should have been.

If the pats make the AFC Championship game this year and next year, the only QB to have denied the Patriots the Championship round in the 2010's will have been Mark Sanchez

Nov 6, 2002

What do you think Mark Sanchez would have to do to not be remembered as the Butt Fumble guy?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

That's a YouTube star name if I've ever seen it

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What do you think Mark Sanchez would have to do to not be remembered as the Butt Fumble guy?

Even if he cured cancer, the headlines would read, "Butt Fumble QB Cures Cancer"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That's his second torn ACL and while I know recovery for these things are much better than it used to be, it's not looking good.

Beyond Martinez who owns, the Packers have no one at ILB... again. Hopefully Burks can step up and play well but I'm not expecting much out of a rookie. Packers fans wants the team to sign NaVorro Bowman but I really doubt Gute will go for it. I do think the team should sign Eric Reid, though, if Brice's injury is serious.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Get signed by someone as a backup and be Nick Foles is like the only theoretical possibility isn't it? That or commit some ridiculously horrible crime.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Can someone make a year by year chart of season ending injuries sustained during the preseason. I need to know if it just feels like a lot or if it actually is.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

Get signed by someone as a backup and be Nick Foles is like the only theoretical possibility isn't it? That or commit some ridiculously horrible crime.

I feel like if he had a massively public scandal related to his dick it would replace the butt fumble

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
N: :siren: There is a professional American Football game tomorrow night. :siren:

V: :dance::dance: gently caress yeah :dance::dance:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Coldforge posted:

N: :siren: There is a professional American Football game tomorrow night. :siren:

I'm going to the game! Any goons in the area want to join me, I have an extra ticket.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Coldforge posted:

'Professional'

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lets just see if we actually get a game this year

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ron Howard: "We won't"

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1024663749175664646

The ACL gods are still hungry.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/globejimmcbride/status/1024693753594949634

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Their knees are too worn out from all this kneeling

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

You know that joke about how someone can basically build a city with their own hands and they get no credit for it but they gently caress one goat...

Everyone saw Sanchez gently caress that goat.

Nov 6, 2002

I bet they bring in Decker now.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

'Professional'

Professional doesn't mean of good quality!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I bet they bring in Decker now.

Cant just leave a white WR sitting there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1024703825163309063?s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Let me see those Nov. 25th unis tho.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So assuming the Chargers never face an opponent choosing to wear white at home, they will wear their standard home uniform precisely three times this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Let me see those Nov. 25th unis tho.

They are my favorite

fsif posted:

So assuming the Chargers never face an opponent choosing to wear white at home, they will wear their standard home uniform precisely three times this season.

I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to the powder blue full time once the LA stadium opens

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike Tanier interviews an NFL scout and has him give a take on each team:

AFC West
On the Broncos: "The quarterback situation there is a mess. None of those guys are starters."

On the Chargers: "Unless he gets hurt, Joey Bosa will be Defensive Player of the Year."

On the Chiefs: "If there's one coach who can truly get Patrick Mahomes ready to play, it's Andy Reid. He's a master at working an offense around a player and getting that player to be great. Just don't ask him to manage a play clock."

On the Raiders (upon being informed of Ice Cube's take): "He's right. It's different dealing with players on a TV show [Monday Night Football and Gruden's film-room discussions] than it is in reality. The only coach today who can truly get away with being a hard rear end is Belichick. Gruden has to be careful players don't immediately tune him out."

North

On the Bengals: "One of the more perplexing teams in the league. One week, they look like horses--t. The next, they could beat anyone in the league. The guy to watch is Joe Mixon. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in contention for Offensive Player of the Year."

On the Browns: "Hue Jackson is gone after this season."

On the Ravens: "I think Joe Flacco gets benched by midseason. Lamar Jackson is a future star in this league."

On the Steelers: "The only team in the conference capable of beating the Patriots in the AFC title game. They just have to learn to get out of their own way. They still make too many mistakes and sometimes show an embarrassing lack of sound fundamentals."

East

On the Bills: "The players are rallying around Shady [LeSean McCoy]. There won't be any issues in that locker room. The question remains: Will he get suspended or pulled while the league investigates his situation? (Police are investigating a reported home invasion in which McCoy's ex-girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, was attacked and injured. McCoy has been accused of orchestrating the attack.) No one has a clue what the league will do. Not even the Bills."

On the Dolphins: "I'd say 80 or 90 percent of the league thinks Ryan Tannehill is a bust. He's not accurate enough, and I don't think he ever will be."

On the Jets: "They have more talent than most people understand. I actually think this is a playoff team."

On the Patriots: "It doesn't matter if the coaches and some players love each other or hate each other. This is a 12-win team, and they won't lose a division game."

South

On the Colts: "I'm still not convinced Andrew Luck will play a game this year."

On the Jaguars: "I think the play of Blake Bortles is going to surprise people. From people I've spoken to in that organization, they genuinely believe he's drastically improved. That defense is also the best in football."

On the Texans: "Second-best defense in football. Deshaun Watson will be in the running for league MVP. I'm a little worried about J.J. Watt. That injury [groin surgery] is no joke. It might take a season for him to get fully back."

On the Titans: "Marcus Mariota took a step back last year. He takes 10 steps forward this year."

NFC West

On the 49ers: "A lot of pressure on Jimmy Garoppolo. What we don't know about him yet is if he has the mental makeup to handle it. Will he handle it, or will he crumble?"

On the Cardinals: "Sam Bradford will play well [and] then get hurt in Week 4. Maybe Week 3."

On the Rams: "It normally backfires when you add a bunch of Pro Bowl veterans to a roster. This team can make it work, though. That's truly a great coaching staff."

On the Seahawks: "What people don't understand is despite losing a lot of veterans, that team is still incredibly talented. I know also from speaking to people there that they feel getting rid of guys like Richard Sherman is addition by subtraction."

North

On the Bears: "I'm not on the Mitch Trubisky bandwagon. We're a few years away from knowing if he's any good."

On the Lions: "What's holding them back is average quarterback play. Matthew Stafford needs to really up his game if they're going to win."

On the Packers: "That Aaron Rodgers-Jimmy Graham pairing could be historic."

On the Vikings: "They scare me. One of the most physical and nastiest teams in football."

East

On the Cowboys: "I think Ezekiel Elliott could push 1,800 yards rushing."

On the Eagles: "First time in a long time I've believed a team other than the Patriots could repeat."

On the Giants: "They'll be better than people think, and not solely because of the offense. I think that defense will be solid."

On Washington: "Alex Smith turns them into at least a 10-win team."

South

On the Buccaneers: "This team is a disaster at quarterback. I'd be stunned if Jameis Winston is still the quarterback there next year."

On the Falcons: "They still haven't recovered from that Super Bowl loss two years ago."

On the Panthers: "This is Cam Newton's year. If he stays healthy, he's the upset pick for league MVP. One thing to look for with him: vastly improved throwing accuracy. I think we'll see him sit tight in the pocket more than he ever has."

On the Saints: "The best coach in football is Belichick. The second-best might be Sean Payton. Few coaches I've seen in history are better at getting the most out of offensive personnel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Huh, I knew Jordan Matthews wasn't particularly good but I didn't think he was "cut in training camp if he gets dinged up" bad.

• Locked thread