Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

kals when is latvia going to follow lithuania's lead and began an add campaign comparing your cities to female sexual organs?

when we recognise existence of females (i think we still havent ratified istanbul convention :suicide:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

today i read an article about the a lady troop who's the only female platoon commander in the marines

during a training exercise the reporter notes that the antenna falls off of her radioman's pack and she goes sprinting off several hundred meters to issue orders verbally. the radioman is so focused on screwing the antenna back on that he doesn't notice and when he succeeds 10 minutes later he looks up and is super confused about where she's gone and proceeds to wander around trying to find her

i was encouraged that we have our best and brightest between us and those who wish us harm

infantry* platoon leader there are plenty of female PLs in other branches in the marines

also your RTO (radio guy) is typically one of your most useless soldiers you don't trust with more responsibility

e: i assume to laterally transfer to the SPACE FORCE i would have to be branch qualified, which happens when i have 2 years complete in a key development job as a captain or first lieutenant promotable. currently in my branch's KD job as the latter and have been there for a year so by 2020 i should be eligible for the SPACE FORCE

i actually have a friend who's sister is an MI captain that works at army space command

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 10, 2018

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
im split completely on what language to learn next

right now im signed up for an Arabic class, but I doubt ill be able to keep that in my head with Russian. Thinking maybe just taking 1-2 courses of it so I can read some.

otherwise, i feel like poo poo that I don't speak a lick of spanish, so i feel like maybe i should just do that.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm back from being radicalized and banned from twitter, hello old friends

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1026899375245676544

yeah i should have seen this coming in hindsight

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was an RTO when I first started. Bitch work, but I did get to go to a fun range with the sir and our fister where we had to call for artillery fire while we were between the guns and the target. I was just kicked back smoking while they lobbed shells over my head.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Saudi Arabia and Russia running an online smear campaign against Canada. What a weird time to be alive.

Also gojm I really dont like this scary blood obsessed girl villain. She seems way more dangerous than they are letting on. :ohdear:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

that video in canadian bacon about maple syrup but done by some scary sounding slav in russian

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How come we don't hold the anarchists accountable for starting world war 1

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

because have you read Austria's demands? it was never about the anarchists killing ferdinand more than an hour after he died

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
yeah the perfidious austrian insisted on stealing the spotlight and then blaming the equally perfidious german

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

the paradigm shift posted:

because have you read Austria's demands? it was never about the anarchists killing ferdinand more than an hour after he died

do you now or have you ever had any affiliation with the anarchist party

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

Bitch work, but I did get to go to a fun range with the sir and our fister

didn't know you were into the kink lifestyle, vb

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

do you now or have you ever had any affiliation with the anarchist party

anarchists don't have parties

they have raves

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/1027987434674552834

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Volkerball posted:

when did you stop being pro-terrorist

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

HorrificExistence posted:

im split completely on what language to learn next

right now im signed up for an Arabic class, but I doubt ill be able to keep that in my head with Russian. Thinking maybe just taking 1-2 courses of it so I can read some.

otherwise, i feel like poo poo that I don't speak a lick of spanish, so i feel like maybe i should just do that.
ivrit

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1027920580778123264

this is the least mad i've ever seen anyone be

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

didn't know you were into the kink lifestyle, vb

fister is a term for forward observers with some of the most out of regulations haircuts in the army

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3JtTKHsoE&t=45s

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
ariel and i are watching the price of agricultural land in australia drop and drop and drop :getin:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
why do you randomly switch between the two accounts now avshalom

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Homura and Sickle posted:

why do you randomly switch between the two accounts now avshalom
trying to throw the feds off my scent

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

i was also strongly considering that, i'd like to learn a semetic language, arabic has more resources tho

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

black hand are basically the opposite of anarchists

HorrificExistence fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 11, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

many things have changed since you've been gone, all for the worst

Furnaceface posted:

Also gojm I really dont like this scary blood obsessed girl villain. She seems way more dangerous than they are letting on. :ohdear:

she's uh.... she sure is something

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

this broken hill posted:

ariel and i are watching the price of agricultural land in australia drop and drop and drop :getin:

Its not dropping here in Canada yet. House prices have finally started to trend down though, so maybe its a start?

Farmland is still being converted into subdivisions out in the middle of loving nowhere at a ludicrous rate despite this though. And our new genius Trump clone premier wants to remove the protected status and pave over one of the best agricultural lands in the whole loving country https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenbelt_(Golden_Horseshoe)

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 11, 2018

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
i am basically the child of a small junker family, content with fraternity sword fighting and the study of useless languages and phrenology.

i will be killed in die kindermord

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Furnaceface posted:

Its not dropping here in Canada yet. House prices have finally started to trend down though, so maybe its a start?

Farmland is still being converted into subdivisions out in the middle of loving nowhere at a ludicrous rate despite this though. And our new genius Trump clone premier wants to remove the protected status and pave over one of the best agricultural lands in the whole loving country https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenbelt_(Golden_Horseshoe)
our prime farmland is getting fracked and mined to within an inch of its life. luckily the land i'm eyeing off is in the desert and nobody wants it because nobody can use it... nobody but me!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

fishmech posted:

yeah the perfidious austrian insisted on stealing the spotlight and then blaming the equally perfidious german

:hai:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

dying

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
you didnt post the best one

https://twitter.com/Jesse_Brenneman/status/1027191057770012673

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
this is me tbh

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

black hand are basically the opposite of anarchists

considering the way he framed it I wasn't going to bother with trying to tell him they were really ethno-nationalists

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
(Reuters) - A United Nations human rights panel said on Friday that it had received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uighurs in China are held in what resembles a "massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy."

Gay McDougall, a member of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, cited estimates that 2 million Uighurs and Muslim minorities were forced into "political camps for indoctrination" in the western Xinjiang autonomous region.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

this broken hill posted:

trying to throw the feds off my scent

if it's any consilation from what i eeked out from my cyber commando roommate is that SA is a too old format for any non-human monitoring

SA has a dedicated agent tho, im sure

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

many things have changed since you've been gone, all for the worst

The more things change the more they stay the same.
I can face every day knowing at least it won't be as bad as tomorrow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

if it's any consilation from what i eeked out from my cyber commando roommate is that SA is a too old format for any non-human monitoring

SA has a dedicated agent tho, im sure

wow, cant believe radium protected us all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Volkerball posted:

(Reuters) - A United Nations human rights panel said on Friday that it had received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uighurs in China are held in what resembles a "massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy."

Gay McDougall, a member of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, cited estimates that 2 million Uighurs and Muslim minorities were forced into "political camps for indoctrination" in the western Xinjiang autonomous region.

:sigh:

• Locked thread