Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

fuckin dusted, goddamn

smoke page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Probably just some guy who wanted to go out in a spectacular fashion. Or nuts.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Props to him for doing it without passengers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

Props to him for doing it without passengers

:hurr:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

EBB posted:

Probably just some guy who wanted to go out in a spectacular fashion. Or nuts.

He seriously probably stole the plane to do a barrel roll. That is mad props to that guy unless somebody's dead or something.

Edit: we got some audio.
https://twitter.com/jwsthomson/status/1028134044502908929

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
A loop is almost a Q, ((deepstate))

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mods please change my name to Turboprop Suicide.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Official people are making the statement confirming everything linked :toot:

https://twitter.com/PierceSheriff/status/1028138179298189312

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mods changed my name posted:

A loop is almost a Q, ((deepstate))

The plane was a bombardier Q400

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

The plane was a bombardier Q400

:eyepop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casimir Radon posted:

I've heard they cook the books to make it look that way. It's really hosed up that the highest paid federal employee is the head coach at the Naval Academy, and he's making a few times what the POTUS makes.

Thought it was the TVA guy

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Plane guy went out in a blaze of glory.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This whole thing reeks of a DB Cooper copycat.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
"I think I'm gonna land it, like uh... in a safe, in a safe kind of manner? I think I'm uh gonna try to do a barrel roll and if that goes good, I'm just gonna go nose down and call it a night."

That's one heckuva mood

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Our spirit animal

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm uh gunna try to do a barrel roll

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Waroduce posted:

I'm uh gunna try to do a barrel roll

you can do it, fox

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Internet VFW > August Current Event: I'm uh gunna try to do a barrel roll

Edit: Meanwhile, are heroes are doing what really matters :patriot:
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1028144226897342465

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 11, 2018

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
This dude loving rules (RIP)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Eej posted:

"I think I'm gonna land it, like uh... in a safe, in a safe kind of manner? I think I'm uh gonna try to do a barrel roll and if that goes good, I'm just gonna go nose down and call it a night."

That's one heckuva mood

Just speculating but I think that one got cut off and his sentence started with "I don't think" or something like that. Pretty sure he was saying he was planning on crashing it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

psydude posted:

The NFL doesn't have feeder leagues. It uses universities, which don't pay their players but also aren't set up the same way that soccer and baseball are.

D-I / D-II NCAA and and all the JuCo programs under NJCAA are what I meant by feeder leagues. Maybe not the best choice in words

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
thank satan i landed in Seatac yesterday

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

my kinda ape posted:

Just speculating but I think that one got cut off and his sentence started with "I don't think" or something like that. Pretty sure he was saying he was planning on crashing it.

That definitely makes more sense

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

RIP plane ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Waroduce posted:

Football isn't forever and the free ride an athlete gets can give the athlete a chance at a productive life. Athletic scholarships open doors for many low income kids and give many people an opportunity to experience college who never could. There are def things that need to be fixed about the system but I wholeheartedly believe it's a net positive for society and the individual athlete.

Also college football is the reason most of your extra curriculars and women's sports exist.

E: WRS do not have an average career of six years idk where your getting your numbers.

The overwhelming majority of college football players don't make it to professional player after their graduation (or "graduation") and they're usually left with nothing or a nearly worthless diploma.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nichelle Nichols has been under care for dementia for the past couple of years.

:(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Class action lawsuit filed against Tesla. It's 2018 so it might not be the mattering, but it's the first thing I've read in this regard

https://twitter.com/ReutersTech/status/1028048210785456134

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Is that over Elon saying he was taking the company private for $420 a share? I guess they could try and get him on stock manipulation or something weird like that but it seems a stretch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is that over Elon saying he was taking the company private for $420 a share? I guess they could try and get him on stock manipulation or something weird like that but it seems a stretch.

It’s not at all a stretch. Musk clearly violated securities laws.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Yeah the only reason that tweet wasn’t a textbook exemple of stock market manipulation is that textbooks don’t use completely stupid exemples.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i will laugh so hard if musk gets forced out of the chair over this

he will melt down on twitter forever

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

It’s not at all a stretch. Musk clearly violated securities laws.

Unless he actually had the money lined up with the intent to purchase. I guess that's what the lawsuit will determine.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The corncobbing of Elon Musk is one of my favorite 2018 subplots.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean sure, he might have had people lined up. But we're talking 80 billion dollars. Because somehow an electric car company that can't produce cars that don't have panel gaps and makes them largely by hand is somehow worth more money than every other car company on the planet.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Part of it probably has to do with him talking that poo poo on Twitter back in June, too. He'd said something to the tune of "you have 3 weeks to close out your positions" but never really followed up on it on that schedule. The floated buyback at $420 might have been one of those "huh, better push that button a little bit harder" things in the same vein since he's always hated people shorting his stock.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Vasudus posted:

i will laugh so hard if musk gets forced out of the chair over this

he will melt down on twitter forever

Even better if he gets himself banned from Twitter in the subsequent meltdown lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1028132035720880129?s=21

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grimes must have worn *checks tweets* thigh high socks today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

It’s actually in an attempt to save his stocks and ultimately his company he’s introducing Tesla clothing merchandise, including short shorts and thigh high socks.

• Locked thread