Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
The only edar that I want removed is the loving beam shitter that just stops you in your tracks.

Especially because it still applies to Berserker even though they can't be grabbed by clots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

While I'm not super keen on any of them, the Beam Shitter is far and away the worst one, and I probably wouldn't have minded the other two if that one weren't in.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Really? Because out of the three robots, the worst I feel is the gunbot. The beam guy never gets a chance to use his attack because he can only do it so close and he prioritizes dodging over attacking. He was much worse in the beta where he could grab you across the map and through walls, though. Gunbot, on the other hand, can eat your whole health bar if you aren't paying attention and dodge to the side instead of standing still or running towards/away from him.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I just want to take a moment to salute the intrepid lukechurros, who when I rando'd into a server looking to do the weekly mode, I found attempting to, as a level 22 Field Medic, solo a Scrake. Without any ammunition. His boosted speed gave him the ability to escape the Scrake and heal, then run back at it and keep slashing away. Unfortunately, the current weekly event is the one where injured Zeds bloat up and start regenerating when they're hurt, and he simply couldn't pour on enough DPS, as a field medic falling back on his knife, to overcome the Scrake's regen and finish the job. Which, hey, unwinnable situation, we've all been there. That's not why I want to salute him.

I want to salute him because I took this screencap after watching him do this for ten minutes, patience giving way to annoyance and ultimately to a need to find out how long it would take him to come to the understanding that he was doomed. I disconnected at fifteen minutes, the moment having passed.

Godspeed, lukechurros, whoever you are.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

A fun new bug I just ran into- wave 20 on endless, and the abomination spawns. gently caress, I hate fighting that one, it's the hardest. Okay, shot it a few times aaaannd... the cutscene for it spawning in plays again, and another one spawns in. As an added bonus, the first abomination was allowed to attack me the whole time the second cutscene was playing.

I only managed to kill this because I was playing as commando, and I could see a health bar above the correct one to shoot. Their health bars at the top of the screen overlap I quickly found out, and so I had no idea whether I was shooting the same one at any given time until I started ignoring the big bar at the top in favor of the little commando perk health bar.

Also gently caress the new EDARs. I have mostly been soloing the last week and legitimately it takes more bullets to kill one than a Skrake or FP. It's 16 bullets to kill a Skrake on solo suicidal with a SCAR, and over 20 to kill an EDAR- and that's assuming every shot hits. Unlike a Skrake though, which is huge and slow, EDARs are the most agile enemies in the game and are svelte. gently caress that noise. Their attacks are also just like a fun vacuum; none of them are enjoyable to fight in their current state.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drrockso20 posted:

If the rest of the team is fine with it sure, but suboptimal team layouts often lead to frustration and failure

lmao if you think 4 supports and 2 medics don't wipe out everything

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Mans posted:

lmao if you think 4 supports and 2 medics don't wipe out everything

That's kinda the opposite problem with being too optimal, and thus boring

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

A fun new bug I just ran into- wave 20 on endless, and the abomination spawns. gently caress, I hate fighting that one, it's the hardest. Okay, shot it a few times aaaannd... the cutscene for it spawning in plays again, and another one spawns in. As an added bonus, the first abomination was allowed to attack me the whole time the second cutscene was playing.

I only managed to kill this because I was playing as commando, and I could see a health bar above the correct one to shoot. Their health bars at the top of the screen overlap I quickly found out, and so I had no idea whether I was shooting the same one at any given time until I started ignoring the big bar at the top in favor of the little commando perk health bar.

Also gently caress the new EDARs. I have mostly been soloing the last week and legitimately it takes more bullets to kill one than a Skrake or FP. It's 16 bullets to kill a Skrake on solo suicidal with a SCAR, and over 20 to kill an EDAR- and that's assuming every shot hits. Unlike a Skrake though, which is huge and slow, EDARs are the most agile enemies in the game and are svelte. gently caress that noise. Their attacks are also just like a fun vacuum; none of them are enjoyable to fight in their current state.

For the EDARs are you aiming at their torso to shoot? Apparently that's the crit spot and not their heads. At least as far as I've been able to experiment. I'm also a bit disappointed with the quad shotgun. It sounds great but guzzles ammo so quickly and doesn't seem to be firing more pellets then the double barrel. For 1500 dosh I was hoping it would have over 100 ammo for itself.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I actually like getting the Abomination- yeah, it's got a stupid amount of health and armor, but as long as you shoot the gooey poo poo-zeds, there's nothing the Abom can do to you unless you're in melee range, and you're faster than he is. You can just kite him forever, and since it's a boss round, there's ammo everywhere.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Revolver Bunker posted:

For the EDARs are you aiming at their torso to shoot? Apparently that's the crit spot and not their heads. At least as far as I've been able to experiment. I'm also a bit disappointed with the quad shotgun. It sounds great but guzzles ammo so quickly and doesn't seem to be firing more pellets then the double barrel. For 1500 dosh I was hoping it would have over 100 ammo for itself.

Yeah, I learned pretty quickly that headshots are worthless. That's a problem in and of itself, by the way- every other zed's weak point is the head, or at least it's a weak point if not the best spot (i.e. the Husk). But for some classes like Gunslinger with Rack em Up or Sharpshooter with headshot bonuses, you're getting really hosed over by having an enemy which has a head that is actively bad to shoot because it wastes ammo and does nothing. But no, it takes more ammo in the chest to kill an EDAR on solo than it takes to kill a Skrake or FP to the head.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

aniviron posted:

I've had that bug happen to me 3 times while doing some solo Endless (not all in the same game at least). It's always a fun loving time; at least both die when one dies.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

aniviron posted:

Yeah, I learned pretty quickly that headshots are worthless. That's a problem in and of itself, by the way- every other zed's weak point is the head, or at least it's a weak point if not the best spot (i.e. the Husk). But for some classes like Gunslinger with Rack em Up or Sharpshooter with headshot bonuses, you're getting really hosed over by having an enemy which has a head that is actively bad to shoot because it wastes ammo and does nothing. But no, it takes more ammo in the chest to kill an EDAR on solo than it takes to kill a Skrake or FP to the head.

I play sharp most of the time and it's taking 3-4 chest shots with the SPX(or one with Railgun) So it's not really that bad.

Is there a goon discord or some other way to get together and play? I'm https://steamcommunity.com/id/Sadistic145

Sadistic fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 30, 2018

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Haven't played this since maybe summer last year. Any changes that actually make the game more enjoyable? The ridiculous resist system was the last thing I really played with. Matriarch exist yet?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The resist system has pretty much not existed for absolutely ages now, but I couldn't really tell you what's changed since a year ago. More maps, guns and enemies and a new game mode.

As to the Abomination, all I can hear him say now when he spawns is "Boner - petite!" like he's casting judgement.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I need this update to come out on consoles already so I can punch zeds forever.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Marogareh posted:

I need this update to come out on consoles already so I can punch zeds forever.

It's been out like 2 weeks

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Oh wow I didn't even see a notification for it and every time I went to update I thought it was the older version.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So this just happened apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SnEA3deh4

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The fist weapons are fun as hell but the range is a bit wonky so I have to get used to it. I hate that they raised the price on the katana so I can't immediately but it after wave one.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I too dislike not having a round 2 katana, but I understand it at least. It was very good for its price, and now that it can be upgraded it holds its own with any of the top-level Berserker weapons.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Upgrading seems to add just a sliver to the damage output and people no longer hand out dosh at the end of each wave, so I'm not a huge fan.
Looks like the higher-tier weapons get a 10% upgrade boost to damage. Hard to say if that's helpful or not depending on how the numbers compare to zed HPs. 10% might not be enough to reduce the number of shots needed to kill the bigger ones.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's all down to the weapons for upgrading, some of them only get small bits but when they're all the way done it's significant, some get 1 big significant one, some aren't worth bothering with.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I haven't used the upgrading system much since I just prestige'd my zerker but the amount of damage the default pistols get is surprisingly high. I can actually kill scrakes with it now if I have nothing else. Looks like high end stuff gets barely anything while lower gets tons.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Marogareh posted:

I haven't used the upgrading system much since I just prestige'd my zerker but the amount of damage the default pistols get is surprisingly high. I can actually kill scrakes with it now if I have nothing else. Looks like high end stuff gets barely anything while lower gets tons.

Considering the upgrade system's been talked about in a "So you can keep using whatever weapons you enjoy" way, that's likely the intended outcome, not much need to upgrade the RPG, Evis etc. when they're already the class top pick.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

This game has been sitting dormant in my steam library for two years, with a grand total of 1 hour played. So I reinstalled last night and had a good giggle playing solo for a while, but then I got murdered at the boss every time. I should try playing with goons soon.

Playing as the Irish priest is just the best.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The fact we haven't got loadsmone back is a goddamn tragedy. I can't imagine his rights are that expensive.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I really don't like the new parry timing. You need to actively fish for it now instead of being able to block mid combo.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I still feel that upgrading gives you something to burn off your excess dosh mid-game to bump up your lower-tier weapons, which means you aren't sharing that money with the team.

A fully-upgraded M79 is still only doing half as much damage as the RPG (an upgraded RPG takes 3 head-shots to kill a top-level Fleshpound, which is the same as an un-upgraded one, if you're interested. Bear in mind I didn't factor in any skill bonuses.)

Your base pistol costs 3,500 to fully upgrade to double-damage (50 dam/shot) which is nothing to be sneezed at, and given the weight (2 if dual-wielding) is probably a great investment if you have the spare money as I don't think it gets heavier as you upgrade. The SCAR is doing 67 after spending similar money but also weighs 7.

After all that I think I've convinced myself there are opportunities for a smart load-out of upgraded and base weapons. Boosting your top-tier stuff is probably just an excuse to get rid of dosh, unless the numbers are very different when you factor in perk/skill bonuses.
But that's also more than enough spreadsheeting for a game that lets me launch zed torsos into the air, so I'll be doing more of that instead of busting out the calculator.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The HZ12 shotgun is amazing at level 3 upgrades and functions somewhere inbetween the AA12 and the M4 semi auto. The downside I find to the upgrades is that if you pot commit and drain your funds to one weapon you're leaving yourself short if you die and can't recover your dropped weapon. Also have more then 1 upgraded weapon is a bust if you die since only one of them drops.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I play a decent amount of solo when I just want to hop on and listen to some music doing mindless things for 20-30m, and upgrading is pretty nice for solo. Instead of fighting Kevin in a pile of 7000 Dosh on the floor, I get to shoot the dosh at his face instead.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...p-some-new-guns

Oh man that medic weapon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nice that we keep getting new weapons, I just wish we could get some more Tier 1 and 2 weapons, most of the new ones we've gotten have been 3 & 4

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

That Scrake, tho :stare:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Halloween concept art has me excited to see what they come up with for the other zeds. I'm loving the new Medic rifle. Bonus points if it gives me more medic nades on top of the ones I'm carrying but I think it'll just be using the throwable nades as ammo.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

As an old fan of the autosniper from Counter-Strike I'm really looking forward to the FN FAL.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

quote:

The other multiperk inclusion is the new HMTech-501 Medic Rifle. This fresh out of the labs augmentation to the HMTech lineup has an underslung grenade launcher fitted and chambered to fire Medic healing grenades at range. Slotting into the 5th tier weapon pool, this one is sure to keep your friends happy, and the Zeds dead!
:yeshaha:.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
New trader voice for the Halloween map. It's Hans being Hans.

https://media.tripwirecdn.com/080918/hansscrake.mp3

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I really like Kevin's grumpy, hostile grumbling and threats in endless mode so this should be a treat.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mr. Clamley is the best trader. I wish I could have him more often; French Lady sucks. Looking forward to Hans, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I have zero sympathy for the people on Steam whining about the paid headshot graphics packs- I love that KF2 keeps getting continual updates and special events and TW's gotta pay for those somehow. Entirely optional DLC that doesn't affect gameplay sounds marvelous.