Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

If you’re really concerned about safety in remote locations a satellite phone is a far better choice. You can’t boost a nonexistent signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Koodo has a promotion on rn. Added a gig to my plan for a big fat $0.00

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

codo27 posted:

link?

vvv Exactly my question

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 11, 2018

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can you go from 6GB for $40 to 7 GB for $40?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

codo27 posted:

Do you have any details? I don't see info about this anywhere.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Koodo has a winback promotion that is $45/8gb for people that switched to public mobile. If you never hit the datacap $38/(12/90d) is a cheaper spend and just as good given it’s the same network.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Risky Bisquick posted:

Koodo has a winback promotion that is $45/8gb for people that switched to public mobile. If you never hit the datacap $38/(12/90d) is a cheaper spend and just as good given it’s the same network.

God, I loving love that PM deal; it just keeps winning.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Housh posted:

Do you have any details? I don't see info about this anywhere.

Just went to their site and shop-> plans. I'm on the east coast but I cant imagine its specific to us. I had 2gb @ $54 a few months ago, they came out with 3gb for 55 so I got that. Now they have 4gb for 55 so I upgraded for free.

e: same prices in Ontario and Alberta so I guess its across the board aside from magical cheap cell phone land

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Probably switching from Koodo to Public this weekend, [edit- referral taken]

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 15, 2018

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I just got a text from koodo saying I can add 2gb to my account for $10/month or 6gb for $15. Brings it to $55/month for 12gigs on that please leave public mobile plan they did a few months ago.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gf got that too but I guess because I just added a gig they ain't doing me any more favors

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Some people are apparently getting a 10GB/$15 offer.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Koodo: Hey [name] we put together a VERY sweet offer for you. Get 3GB of data for only $10/month, or even awesome-er: 10GB of data for only $15/month! Just reply ADD to add our 3GB promotion or reply DATA to add our limited time 10GB promotion. Offer expires on Aug 29, 2018. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit bit.ly/snipped

My wife and I both got offered this on the 6 GB for $40 plan ... We don't come close to needing more data, so Koodo's just fishing for higher ARPU from people who mostly don't need it.

James Baud fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 16, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

I ordered a sim card for koodo for $0 and chose a plan, and filled out a credit application.

So the sim card showed up and I went to register in their self-serve thing.

It asks for a customer number and I don't have that anywhere, I tried a couple different numbers.

Now I seem to be locked out with "waiting to verify email address".

I think I will have to call them to get this sorted out

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You need a phone number to get a phone number? Makes sense. How else would they contact you?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Customer id number

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

James Baud posted:

Koodo: Hey [name] we put together a VERY sweet offer for you. Get 3GB of data for only $10/month, or even awesome-er: 10GB of data for only $15/month! Just reply ADD to add our 3GB promotion or reply DATA to add our limited time 10GB promotion. Offer expires on Aug 29, 2018. You're included on the list for Koodo offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit bit.ly/snipped

My wife and I both got offered this on the 6 GB for $40 plan ... We don't come close to needing more data, so Koodo's just fishing for higher ARPU from people who mostly don't need it.

My wife and I are on Koodo with 2 lines on the same account with identical plans but they offered her the 10 gig deal and only offered me the 6 gig one. I wonder if they'd give me the 10 if I called in.

Edit: I called in and they claimed that the computer automatically generates those offers and they have no way of changing them :rolleyes:

Squibbles fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 21, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm currently with Freedom, on a $50 for unlimited everything plan (data speed gets throttled after 4GB). I've had an ongoing issue for the past few months with texts/calls not going through at random times for up to an hour. They can't seem to tell me why or figure out a solution.
So I've been thinking about hopping off the Freedom train. Turns out I've got a corporate phone deal at work, where I can get a plan with (shudder) Bell. The plan is unlimited calls and texts with 3GB of data for $60. I'm seriously considering it, since I'm getting tired of Freedom's shenanigans, and it would be nice to have a stronger, more reliable carrier. The downside is paying :10bux: more for the privilege, and of selling my soul to Bell.
My alternative is calling up Freedom and playing hardball with them to see if I can get a better phone to try and solve my problems, with the threat of heading to Bell if I don't like their offer. Guess I'll see if they want to keep me that badly.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why not Koodo, with whom you can get 4gb of data for $55 right now?

Speaking of which. Apparently wifi calling IS a thing with Koodo, their site only lists Iphone6 and above or LG v30 which seems very dumb. I see instructions online on how I should be able to enable it for Px2 but theres no such option I can find. Anyone else using wifi calling/texting with Koodo?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 23, 2018

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just figured Bell would have better network and reception than any of the budget carriers.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

The Zombie Guy posted:

I just figured Bell would have better network and reception than any of the budget carriers.

Koodo and public mobile are Telus, and the same network coverage as Bell

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

The Zombie Guy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_mobile_phone_companies#Mobile_virtual_network_operators_(MVNO)_and_resellers

For the vast majority of purposes, Telus/Bell networks are the same from our perspective because of the HSPA sharing agreement.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Network-sharing-explained/td-p/129092

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hey, they're finally getting serious:

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 24, 2018

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Why does koodo suck and what is the reason this will gently caress me over when I inevitably switch

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Hey, they're finally getting serious:

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for . You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

You are listing your number friend, kindly remove it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Thanks. :doh:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

w00tmonger posted:

Why does koodo suck and what is the reason this will gently caress me over when I inevitably switch

Koodo has a poo poo roaming plan vs PM.

PM has koodos old roaming plans.

I just switched from Koodo to PM specifically to switch back eventually for these deals, there is no other difference. It's the same company.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Cool, I guess I just wait for a message then.nothings shown up for me yet

Shofixti
Nov 23, 2005

Kyaieee!

Is Telus just really desperate to get people off pre-paid? Would a post-paid plan with Koodo somehow be more subject to future price fuckery than the PM deal? Trying to understand the angle.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Prepaid is a different line item than post paid, and shifting from prepaid to post paid is itemized as a 'new subscriber' for growth purposes.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

They've extended this promotion if you were messaged directly by Koodo on your PM number. They want you on postpaid really bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I'm considering it.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Dang I wish I had waited. Not that I ever break 6GB tho.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Wish I’d waited to take the 4gb/40 offer when they first started these.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can loyal, long time customers that always pay their bills on time get this same deal?

Hahahhahahhahhahahahahha

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am currently on the public mobile 12gigs for $120/3months. Anyone swapped to the koodo 8gigs for $40 per month? What are the differences?

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

cowofwar posted:

I am currently on the public mobile 12gigs for $120/3months. Anyone swapped to the koodo 8gigs for $40 per month? What are the differences?

PM is prepaid, so no credit required. Koodo is postpaid and requires a credit check, and your phone number now goes on your credit report. With the Koodo deal you’d get double the data (unless you want to use 12gb in a day every 3 months), and some fancy stuff like wifi calling and volte.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

cowofwar posted:

It's post-pay instead of pre-pay, but it's the same Telus network and has actual tech support.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Scudworth posted:

Koodo has a poo poo roaming plan vs PM.

PM has koodos old USA roaming plans.

I just switched from Koodo to PM specifically to switch back eventually for these deals, there is no other difference. It's the same company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jesus christ September. Gf got the P20 and I really like it so I ordered the P20 Pro the other day, its 350 on the medium tab...black friday sale is on now, its now 150. I called Koodo's main customer service this morning but they told me to call the web store line, which I've now been on hold with for just about an hour waiting to talk to someone. Oh boy they better have good news for me. I dont wanna have to refuse the phone when it gets here and cancel the order just to do it all over again.