Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there's nothing really spectacular about them, but those firefights in the bison steve hotel hallways are some of my favourites. it just felt ugly and brutal when clearing the place out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I remember clearing out all of Megaton's quests, then turning it into a radioactive crater

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I remember promising to satisfy the wishes of both parties in the Goodsprings conflict, and then carefully arranging for both sides to get horribly maimed in the firefight so that I could feed off of their abundant corpses, and also wounding Cobb to such an extent that somebody else easily finished him off (thereby not significantly injuring my reputation with the main Powder Ganger faction).

Just like I would do in real life.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

The FO76 Q&A is live, guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdn0ZQ51nGI

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

FortMan posted:

The FO76 Q&A is live, guys:

Uh.........

I honestly don't know what I was expecting to see when I started watching that but my two take aways so far is that this game utilizes super advanced upgrades such as netcode taken from Quake 3 Arena and leveling up in this game is the most convoluted nonsense in a Bethesda game yet; now featuring some bizarre trading card game you're forced to play.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Uh.........

I honestly don't know what I was expecting to see when I started watching that but my two take aways so far is that this game utilizes super advanced upgrades such as netcode taken from Quake 3 Arena and leveling up in this game is the most convoluted nonsense in a Bethesda game yet; now featuring some bizarre trading card game you're forced to play.

Gotta get in on that sweet lootbox cash while the gettin's good!

What do you mean 'where have you been for the past year?'

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Fanatic posted:

If it wasn't for that wiki, I would still have molerat disease or that vault 81 kid would be dead.

Isn't that more insane than using an exploit listed under "Bugs" to cure us both?

Your companions getting hit giving you the disease really got me. I reloaded probably twenty times trying to figure out why I kept getting the disease despite being super careful. Thank god for the Internet and being able to look that poo poo up.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I was at the craft store looking at Halloween stuff today, and I saw this haunted house set that was on display. I could absolutely picture a bunch of ghouls running a bar in the Mojave.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

The Zombie Guy posted:

I was at the craft store looking at Halloween stuff today, and I saw this haunted house set that was on display. I could absolutely picture a bunch of ghouls running a bar in the Mojave.

Immediately got this video in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0S-HOOp_VY
Which is good because this what my fully modded Fallout run looks like.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, those card packs are going to be micro transactions right?

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

omg chael crash posted:

From what I got from the Q&A, you'll get it at every milestone levels (iirc, every other level to 10 and every 5 after that?). I did not hear you can buy them with money, but who knows what's the plan gonna be in the future.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I’ll trade you my Nerd Rage for your Lead Belly and Iron Fist.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

you can share perks amongst your party.

now everyone can drink from toilets safely!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

omg chael crash posted:

I imagine they'd use bethcoins more for Creation Club stuff than outright loot boxes, although that could mos def include new cards.

Edit: One thing I'm curious about : Since the cards are tradeable, do packs have dupe protection? I assume not because no disenchant/craft system was mentioned, but ya never know.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 11, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Why would you go for a card-based system if you don't have an eye on future micro transactions. Card packs are an universally boring & uninteresting gameplay mechanic.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Lambert posted:

Why would you go for a card-based system if you don't have an eye on future micro transactions. Card packs are an universally boring & uninteresting gameplay mechanic.

Because there are millions of Magic: The Gathering and Pokemon fans the world over that don't know what a budget or self control are. I'm sure Fallout Shelter taught them that lesson well.

They touched on private servers and mods right towards the end but by that point I was watching the new RAGE 2 gameplay and wasn't paying too close attention to what the panel was saying but I don't remember them talking too much about monetization, but why would they scare even more people off while trying to promote the game? The groundwork for a marketplace with no workaround is already there so it would hardly be surprising if they added the ability to pay to speed things up, even if you can eventually get everything by grinding the poo poo out of the game yourself.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

you can all give me your cards if you dont want them

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
What's the Fallout equivalent to Exodia?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

some of these perks do sound fun though

quote:

hello

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 11, 2018

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
My main question: can you eat people in FO76

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Dr.Smasher posted:

My main question: can you eat people in FO76

Did you get the "Cannibalism" card in a REQ PACK?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

HitTheTargets posted:

Edit: One thing I'm curious about : Since the cards are tradeable, do packs have dupe protection? I assume not because no disenchant/craft system was mentioned, but ya never know.

impression i got was trading cards was a in group thing dependent on you (or another member's?) charisma, not an actual trading of cards thing

so if you're in a group and some charisma threshold is met you could lend cards out to other members to shore up some weakspots in builds for an encounter, but when the group ended the cards would be returned

but that's just my guess

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ApeHawk posted:

What's the Fallout equivalent to Exodia?

Liberty Prime, probably. But let's not encourage them to create a spinoff of the Elder Scrolls TCG.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Berke Negri posted:

some of these perks do sound fun though

hello

HI DOCTOR PIP

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

here's reddit thread with screencaps of all the perks shown from the q&a

https://imgur.com/gallery/E56XwD8

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Nice, human centipede is a perk in this game.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Nice, human centipede is a perk in this game.

Good av material

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just started FO4 and I have no idea how all this scavenging is supposed to work, do I just pick up literally everything and then store it all forever or what

also why are some clothes items not visible to break down at an armor workshop, like crappy clothing that I figured would give me one cloth

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just started FO4 and I have no idea how all this scavenging is supposed to work, do I just pick up literally everything and then store it all forever or what

also why are some clothes items not visible to break down at an armor workshop, like crappy clothing that I figured would give me one cloth

Yeah, pick up everything. The workshop automatically breaks down stuff you collect into raw materials when you build.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...they finally made a system that caters directly to my natural instincts. Despite all my other issues with the game this is amazing.

(also getting rid of Speech was a great idea even if I'm not so sure about rolling it into Charisma)

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Weapons and armour can be broken down by dropping it on the ground, and opening up the building menu. Hover over the item and push the Scrap button. There's perks that give you better components for weapons and armour later on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(also getting rid of Speech was a great idea even if I'm not so sure about rolling it into Charisma)

Wat

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I like replacing skills with perks in theory, though I don't think I like it as much as I like just having skills and perks, but they hosed it up by level gating it. Like you have to be level 25 or whatever before you can max out lockpicking, what the gently caress

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Skills serve a vital role in fallout, but it's not about crafting a varied character. Skills are there to do the busywork of upgrading stats, allowing perks to be more interesting and game changing.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Edit: nope, I was wrong

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 12, 2018

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, Fallout 4 having Skyrim's perk tax is one of the most frustrating gameplay decisions they made.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If they wanted to have Skyrim's perk system I wish that they would still let you attempt higher level lockpicking without gating it behind a perk.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Berke Negri posted:

here's reddit thread with screencaps of all the perks shown from the q&a

https://imgur.com/gallery/E56XwD8

Oh cool. Ammo has weight now. I hope everything does so that 44% of my carry limit is taken up by bugged quest items that can not be dropped.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Arcsquad12 posted:

If they wanted to have Skyrim's perk system I wish that they would still let you attempt higher level lockpicking without gating it behind a perk.

Ehhhh this always seemed like a dumb design decision because there's literally no reason to ever put points into lockpicking in Skyrim, and dump skills are bad game design. I realize this is the Fallout thread where lovely dump skills have been a series staple since inception (I refuse to believe anyone ever used Throwing) but there's no need to add more.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Ehhhh not everything because most common materials you'll get easily from breaking down guns/etc but be on the lookout for anything containing adhesive, ceramics, fiber optics, fiberglass and aluminum.

As for clothes, anything that can't be modded won't show up at the workbenches, and most clothes can't be modded (at least at first, if you do enough Railroad quests you get the ability to add ballistic weave to some outfits). You'll never want for cloth though because cigarettes and prewar money are everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wolfsheim posted:

Ehhhh this always seemed like a dumb design decision because there's literally no reason to ever put points into lockpicking in Skyrim, and dump skills are bad game design. I realize this is the Fallout thread where lovely dump skills have been a series staple since inception (I refuse to believe anyone ever used Throwing) but there's no need to add more.

The lockpicking and hacking minigames suck to begin with so Id rather the perks connected to them be dump stats as well. The hacking game is only slightly less aggravating than lockpicking.