Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

In Training posted:

drat good image but I dont know if I can watch these. Vinny ftw of course but good lord ME is boring.

It's like star trek, but a video game

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

drat good image but I dont know if I can watch these. Vinny ftw of course but good lord ME is boring.

im halfway through and its rough, no amount of vinny excitement can save how friggin boring of a game it is.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Theres nothing really funny or wierd to react to so it's mostly vinny gushing about base scifi lore Alex doesn't know yet while Alex fumbles around with the gears of war shooting and inventory and hacking minigames.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1025828145939791873

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked GB for the first time in a week today and the latest Premium videos were Mass Effect and PUBG so I cancelled my sub.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

In Training posted:

I checked GB for the first time in a week today and the latest Premium videos were Mass Effect and PUBG so I cancelled my sub.

It wasn't pubg. It was cuisine royale.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Exquisite Corps is still going on? lol

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pretty sure the last episode was the finale.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I havent watched in forever and I cant do the casts anymore either...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Im still working my way through their 10 Year selection, so i still like giantbomb, for now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I havent watched in forever and I cant do the casts anymore either...

same, RIP

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

well my premium is still active till june 2019 or something so I guess I should check out the Jeff VODs

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Problem is they aren’t really doing anything you can’t get from randos on twitch these days. They don’t do reviews, don’t do news, they’re just a couple dudes occasionally playing games now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

tao of lmao posted:

Problem is they aren’t really doing anything you can’t get from randos on twitch these days. They don’t do reviews, don’t do news, they’re just a couple dudes occasionally playing games now.

and people i watch on twitch usually enjoy, are interested in, or are good at the games they play

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's hard for me to care when nobody on the west crew seems to give a poo poo either. Brad is playing some awful neo roguelite from 2012, UPF is an embarrassment, the podcast is a 4 hour long ambien trip now with caller questions, because everyone knows the best part of a show is caller participation, and Rorie rambling like a loving lunatic non-stop when he's not streaming World of Warcraft on the weekends and edging to his puppy calendar

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/giant-bomb-interview-10-years-1202895978/

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

quote:

It’s been an especially interesting road for Klepek, who himself spent years as an old-fashioned beat reporter for places like 1Up and MTV. When he came over to Giant Bomb in 2011, he was immediately forced to transform into someone people might want to watch on camera.
[10 years elapse] I yell now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

[10 years elapse] I yell now

lmao

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Klip-klop was the is only bad decision Ryan ever made.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hes part of some of the best content they did though weird enough, like bioforge.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah it's all let's play content now.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
someone send rorie more coke

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm listening to the latest beastcast because someone said they clown on the ign plagiarizing guy but the entire first hour is them being amazed by Dead Cells for doing the same basic poo poo as every other roguelike of the past 10 years. Not sure I can make it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bump_fn posted:

someone send rorie more coke

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm listening to the latest beastcast because someone said they clown on the ign plagiarizing guy but the entire first hour is them being amazed by Dead Cells for doing the same basic poo poo as every other roguelike of the past 10 years. Not sure I can make it

It's at 1:21:20... I took the bullet of hearing Dan say he's too busy w/ Dead Cells to play Rondo of Blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was thinking about checking out dead cells until they mentioned that an average run is like 90 minutes long. That sucks

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dan is the only one not mealy mouthed about the plagiarism thing and he just says gently caress that guy a few times. That’s about it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I was thinking about checking out dead cells until they mentioned that an average run is like 90 minutes long. That sucks

it absolutely is not

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

they were appalled at the idea of a run being 30-40 minutes, "to get to the final boss?!". just completely misunderstanding the entire point of the genre

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

its definitely not that long. well, i haven't played the new area yet, but getting to the "last" level of the early access took me 20-25 minutes depending on the path i took, so i can't see the extra final level and boss taking much longer. there's a lot stuff about the game that turns me off but the length isn't one of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess Alex just made some poo poo up then saying his runs take 2 hours.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I guess Alex just made some poo poo up then saying his runs take 2 hours.

in 2 hours you can fit 4-5 full runs probably

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Maybe Alex, like all of Giant Bomb, is bad at video games

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fumaofthelake posted:

Maybe Alex, like all of Giant Bomb, is bad at video games

checks out imo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm rewatching the Shenmue Endurance Run. Alex’s anger throughout, Vinny's slow realization of what kind of game he signed up to play, Dan being optimistic and laughing at their misery, it's great.

I hope they do a Shenmue 2 endurance run once the collection hits, but they hated 1 so much that I doubt it’ll happen.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I didn't get the vibe they hated it at all, or at least not Vinny, but it was def a pain to play. I hope they do 2

best moment imo was vinny busting out his guitar while they stared at a clock for like 30min or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol incredibly good selection of games in this weeks ranking of fighters

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I remember people making GBS threads on dead cells a while ago and from all the praise it got on the beastcast and waypoint I thought maybe in finished form it had improved a lot. I didn't consider that maybe they were all just easily impressed by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i know multiple people who got it in early access and liked it a ton but then complained every time it updated about it becoming worse and worse