Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DarkCrawler posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10346565

Like you needed a study to determine that...

tutkija thinking really hard with apurahat shooting out of his brain: the internet is... bad? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bloom posted:

tutkija thinking really hard with apurahat shooting out of his brain: the internet is... bad? :thunk:

No, it's stupid. Get with the program.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

All the old parties are getting their voters back.

39% had no answer, last election they seemed to swing heavily to Persut but that was probably because they were pure and unsullied party. Maybe Soini is banking on them following him again or maybe they will be invigorated by Hallis' goosestepping, who knows.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

throw to first drat IT posted:

39% had no answer, last election they seemed to swing heavily to Persut but that was probably because they were pure and unsullied party. Maybe Soini is banking on them following him again or maybe they will be invigorated by Hallis' goosestepping, who knows.

Damnit, they really should include a "sleeping party" in the graphs. That's leaving important information out.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Does sleeping party mean people who are definitely going to vote but don't know what party yet, or those people AND those who aren't going to vote?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Does sleeping party mean people who are definitely going to vote but don't know what party yet, or those people AND those who aren't going to vote?

Yleensähän noissa vaan sanotaan että haastateltiin N ihmistä joista N-1000 suostui kertomaan puoluekantansa, ei sitä taida kukaan tuon tarkemmin tivata. Jos joku tietää paremmin niin sivistäkää toki. Se että mitä kukin puhuva pää sattuu tarkoittamaan nukkuvista jutellessaan jää yleensä kuulijan kotitehtäväksi pähkäillä.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Usually I take the idea of a sleeping voter as someone who doesn't vote. The sleeping part does suggest that they are potential voters, but then again someone who votes for Donald Duck is also a potential voter.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Usually I take the idea of a sleeping voter as someone who doesn't vote. The sleeping part does suggest that they are potential voters, but then again someone who votes for Donald Duck is also a potential voter.

Strictly speaking they're a voter.
:goonsay:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

On other hand, they might be voting but don't feel 100% about it even if in practice they have locked it in or are embarrassed to admit that they are voting Blues. Also picking a party here is no guarantee that they will actually go and vote for them since it's far less effort to answer a question than actually do the vote thing.
Going by the memory, last elections SDP underperformed compared to gallups and Persut got bunch of surprise votes. Whatever this was people reflexively answering SDP and then voting for Persut or SDP voters being too disenfranchised to vote while the unsure voters picked the new, pure and untainted party, who knows. It's not like any of it is actually going to change anything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

On other hand, they might be voting but don't feel 100% about it even if in practice they have locked it in or are embarrassed to admit that they are voting Blues. Also picking a party here is no guarantee that they will actually go and vote for them since it's far less effort to answer a question than actually do the vote thing.
Going by the memory, last elections SDP underperformed compared to gallups and Persut got bunch of surprise votes. Whatever this was people reflexively answering SDP and then voting for Persut or SDP voters being too disenfranchised to vote while the unsure voters picked the new, pure and untainted party, who knows. It's not like any of it is actually going to change anything.

Maybe the SDP voters died of old age between the gallup and the election

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Andrast posted:

Maybe the SDP voters died of old age between the gallup and the election

It's not really a maybe :banjo:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I feel like if you're too embarrassed to tell who you're voting for, that should tell you a lot about yourself. I respect a raging racist persufuck more then those people because at least I know what they stand for.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTrvAnP5U18

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005789408.html

Bookmark this for the next time President Niinistö deflects criticism of immigration policies or austerity on the grounds that he doesn't have any influence over domestic policy:

quote:

Kirjan mukaan Niinistö kutsui EK:n ja SAK:n johtoa sekä muiden ammattiliittojen johtajia, muiden muassa Jyri Häkämiehen, Matti Alahuhdan, Lauri Lylyn ja Ann Selinin Mäntyniemeen joulukuussa 2015. Paikalla oli myös Auto- ja kuljetusalan työntekijäjärjestö AKT:n johtaja Marko Piirainen. AKT on yksi kilpailukykysopimuksen ulkopuolelle jääneistä liitoista. Lylyn mukaan Niinistö vetosi kilpailukykysopimuksen puolesta.

It's also symptomatic that the union bosses kept mum about this.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/talous/art-2000005791215.html

Privatize profits, socialize the losses.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
This too would be solved with replacing pensions with perustulo.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Unify the numerous pension systems, get rid of YEL and MYEL and make entrepreneurs pay the same taxes and pension contributions as everybody else.
If the state wants to subsidise starting businesses then do it transparently with a direct subsidy.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I want a perustulo, but I also want it to replace pensions, and ansiosidonnainen. Those with good salaries can save money on their own, there is no need for the government to subsidize that.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

doverhog posted:

I want a perustulo, but I also want it to replace pensions, and ansiosidonnainen. Those with good salaries can save money on their own, there is no need for the government to subsidize that.

Neither of those are government subsidies in the typical sense though, pensions are an earmarked intergenerational wealth transfer from prime age workers and their employers to retired workers (which avoids massive financialization of the economy as people who fund their own retirement have to store their pension savings in financial assets for decades) and ansiosidonnainen is paid out of a mandatory insurance collected from workers that aren't unemployed and their employers. Both systems have a bunch of corruption associated with them, but tearing them down and replacing them with *personal responsibility* is something only good for bankers and the rest of that crowd.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Koulukyydit aiheuttavat päänvaivaa Uudellamaalla – Kuljetusyrittäjä: "Jos tämä olisi helppoa, tätä tekisivät kaikki"

quote:

Kilpailutuksen voitti First Profit Oy, joka kuljettaa Kirkkonummella noin 300:aa oppilasta.

Now there's a company I can trust to get my kids to school and back!!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Guys I think "Profit First Oy" is a bit too obvious of a name. We should at least pretend our company cares about kids or safety or whatever. Wait, I got it!

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
I don't know, on the other hand honesty is a pretty big component of trust, most corporations aren't brave enough to give the truth to you straight up like that.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Not to like devalue taxi drivers and nothing but shuffling kids from set places to set places at set times is not exactly rocket science...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Toverit, kohottakaamme verimalja isämmaan uusimman marttyyriuhrin muistolle.

quote:

Turun Sanomien tietojen mukaan Pohjoismaisen vastarintaliikkeen kanssa marssinut Suomi Ensin -yhdistyksen perustajajäsen Marco de Wit loukkaantui kulkueessa. Häntä häiriköitiin mielenosoituksen ulkopuolelta, minkä seurauksena hän kaatui ja loukkasi jalkansa. Silminnäkijän mukaan hänet kuljetettiin ambulanssilla Tuomiokirkontorilta pois.
Kautta Odinin parran, tänä yönä Valhallassa karkeloidaan uusimman tulokkaan kunniaksi.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
"Now, self-defense. Tonight I shall be carrying on from where we got to last week when I was showing you how to defend yourselves against anyone who attacks you armed with a piece of fresh fruit."

Edit: No but seriously, what a bunch of dumbasses

Set
Oct 30, 2005
I went to the anti-nazi demonstration this saturday, where brave brother de Wit got his purple heart. When we arrived at the kauppatori, the nazis were there waiting just outside whisky-bar. That was funnily enough also from where THEIR counter-demonstration started marching against a anti-racism demonstration a couple of years back (they walked from the bar 300m to the kauppatori), but I digress. They were quite clearly there to threaten anyone daring to try and get to Puolalanpuisto. Then after the nazis, there was the biggest concentration of cops I've seen since Konemetsä. There was also this massively fat guy in a high-vis jacket and camera, with a quite clearly fake "press" printed on it. He was trying to get inside the puisto-area, but was stopped by some kids with their faces covered. That might have been a good idea in general, because there were quite a few not-so-subtle-NMR people just filming and taking photos of everyone going in and out. The cops just looked bored and overheated, so didn't interveen with anything.

In the end, there were about a thousand of us and about 300 nazis demonstrating in the town that day. A lot of people stopped and watched during the march, and most gave a thumbs up or some other appreciative gestures. Again, quite a few NRM-photographers along the way before we managed to get back to the park. There we had some nice and surprisingly emotional speeches before people started dispersing. Had some nice chinese food before going home.

Found out later that the NMR-march had stopped outside Akatemiatalo where they had started heiling everywhere. Also apparently Kike Elomaa was present at the other nazi-demonstration lol.
There are also some interesting questions being asked, with how and why the police pre-screened and hindered some anti-nazi protesters from entering Turku, but didn't do the same for the nazis.

Feel free to ask any questions if you're interested about how the march went down.

Set fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 20, 2018

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
The consistency of how cops act in these situations made me develop a pet theory that they must be selected for these events on a volunteer basis and those who volunteer contain a huge fraction of the kind of people who were sharing and supporting far right propaganda in that cop facebook that got unveiled. So, people who are, if not outright neofascist, immersed in the worldview of far right propaganda. You know, visible antifascism being dominated by dangerous anarchists out to take down society. And since there are always far more antifascists than fascists in these demonstrations, obviously they’re the greater threat that needs to be intimidated, and neonazis are, if not an outright friend, an enemy of the real enemy.

uncop fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 20, 2018

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Interesting theory and not entire unfeasible, but how do you account for Set's point that the police were saving anti-nazis from Turku but not nazis?

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
The flaw with the theory is that, if I understood correctly, you assume there's a portion of the police that don't have far right sympathies that just don't volunteer for these gigs. There's no indication of that. At least I've never heard of any cop having a problem with securing nazi events or even with pakkopalautukset which should cause even a bigger moral dilemma.

https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/151953

Here's a recently published work with interviews on how the cops see "far left extremism" which was an interesting read. They pretty much think it's going through a lull and is not a threat at all. Sadly they don't go much in to how they see the far right.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Havana Affair posted:

The flaw with the theory is that, if I understood correctly, you assume there's a portion of the police that don't have far right sympathies that just don't volunteer for these gigs. There's no indication of that. At least I've never heard of any cop having a problem with securing nazi events or even with pakkopalautukset which should cause even a bigger moral dilemma.

https://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/151953

Here's a recently published work with interviews on how the cops see "far left extremism" which was an interesting read. They pretty much think it's going through a lull and is not a threat at all. Sadly they don't go much in to how they see the far right.

I definitely don’t mean cops would boycott this kind of stuff, I mean there’s a set amount of cops assigned to any duty. And my guess was that enthusiastic volunteers (nazi sympathizers and wannabe defenders of society) are selected first and if there aren’t enough, then the rest are volunteered from the rest of the crowd.

Didn’t someone recently uncover that pakkopalautukset have been administered by a fairly constant bunch of cops with barely any oversight? Same idea, if that small group of cops happens to be pulled from enthusiastic volunteers, with a disproportionate amount of people who want to see asylum seekers driven out, they won’t act accordingly with the general opinion of the police and they won’t be made to as long as they maintain a minimum level of professionalism so that the police as an institution won’t look bad. Not saying that’s the case though, I don’t know enough.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Okay, the summer is (mercifully) almost over, what's happening with SoTeMaKuKeKoSi? Oh, it's a shitshow again? :allears:

quote:

Hallituspuolueet ovat panneet vauhtia sote-uudistukseen lopettamalla asiantuntijakuulemiset sosiaali- ja terveysvaliokunnassa.

Talouselämä kertoo valiokunnan päättäneen maanantaina ylimääräisessä kokouksessaan, ettei se enää kutsu kuultavaksi enempää maakunta- ja sote-uudistuksen asiantuntijoita. Päätös syntyi hallituspuolueiden äänin 10–17.

[...]

Opposition kommenteista voi päätellä, että uudistuksen toivotaan kaatuvan vielä eduskunnan perustuslakivaliokunnassa, jonne kokonaisuus siirtyy lokakuussa. Perustuslakivaliokunnan pitäisi antaa lausuntonsa uudistuksen perustuslainmukaisuudesta viimeistään marraskuussa, jotta uudistus onnistuisi.

– Hallitus ei näköjään halua varmistaa, että sote menisi läpi perustuslakivaliokunnasta. Valiokunta joutui taas äänestämään, voimmeko kuulla keskeisiä sote-professoreita. Hallitus esti sen äänin 10-7. Hallituksella on siis kiire karauttaa sote perustuslakiseinään? Vihreiden Outi Alanko-Kahiluoto twiittasi kokouksen jälkeen.

– Tällä menolla Sipilän hallitus törmää perustuslakiin jälleen kerran, vasemmistoliiton Aino-Kaisa Pekonen säesti Alanko-Kahiluotoa.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Kai on videolla marcon uusimmat toilailut?

Voisin arvata että on taas marttyyri-tasot katossa.

Set
Oct 30, 2005
To be honest regarding the cops at the demonstration, I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't pull in everyone available from Turku and neighbouring police departments to watch over the thing. I have a feeling most of them didn't have a choice about attending or not, as they seemed very miserable and bored in their riot gear. I also guess the people keeping watch on the ground weren't the ones to decide to nab the anti-nazi protesters before reaching the city, but leaving the nazis alone.

I remember there was this interesting interview in Voima (of all places) with this one cop, about how it was to be part of the police today. Most people apparently enter the job as normal human beings, but because of peer pressure from their coworkers they all end up as persun or kokoomus-supporters. I think this kinda does add a certain baseline antipathy towards any perceived "leftist" demonstration, no matter if the demonstration has a broad support from all the political parties (except persut in Turku) and is actually opposed to literal nazis.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
My theory why the government hasn't publicly condemned the nazi rally might have to do with the fact that the justice system is still processing the whole illegality of PVL. The organization was condemned illegal, so now they're just going through the complaint in their assiduous manner as before. Since we (kinda) have the principle of separation of powers, the government heads don't want to speak out loud in fear of it being interpreted as an attempt to influence the courts. Our government might be incompetent buffoons, but I still entertain the thought that they don't like literal fascists running around sieg hailing. (Incidentally the group of brown shirts were waving their arms at the court that proclaimed PVL as non-legal during their march.)

Also, Kike Elomaa (TF) joined the commemoration of the terrorist act. But wouldn't you know it, those leftists wanna throw the guilt-by-association card at her. Who's the real fascist here?

https://twitter.com/Halla_aho/status/1031526332298153984

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Marco de Wit was tripped, the reporter who was a target of far-right smears witnessed it and condemns, is called a nazi on social media.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
She seems like a moron, other people present said someone snatched the cap and dude tripped over his own feet and broke his ankle.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Marco's Yoshi buttstomp is still my favorite stunt he has pulled off.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kemper Boyd posted:

She seems like a moron, other people present said someone snatched the cap and dude tripped over his own feet and broke his ankle.

I think she may have been the only sober person present, though (sans some of the cops).

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

My theory why the government hasn't publicly condemned the nazi rally might have to do with the fact that the justice system is still processing the whole illegality of PVL. The organization was condemned illegal, so now they're just going through the complaint in their assiduous manner as before. Since we (kinda) have the principle of separation of powers, the government heads don't want to speak out loud in fear of it being interpreted as an attempt to influence the courts. Our government might be incompetent buffoons, but I still entertain the thought that they don't like literal fascists running around sieg hailing. (Incidentally the group of brown shirts were waving their arms at the court that proclaimed PVL as non-legal during their march.)

Also, Kike Elomaa (TF) joined the commemoration of the terrorist act. But wouldn't you know it, those leftists wanna throw the guilt-by-association card at her. Who's the real fascist here?

https://twitter.com/Halla_aho/status/1031526332298153984

yeah only except well, the entire loving history of Sipilä's government is filled with not really giving a gently caress about subtleties and philosophy of politics

so the easier explanation would be "they sympathize with nazis at some level and do not sympathize with anything or anyone even remotely left-wing at any level"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

PM Sipilä uses the term "green-leftie" while criticizing the opposition, "green-lefties" lose their cool. The term has been used by the "immigration critical" circles, but is it really a hateful term? It's more of a descriptive term in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

PM Sipilä uses the term "green-leftie" while criticizing the opposition, "green-lefties" lose their cool. The term has been used by the "immigration critical" circles, but is it really a hateful term? It's more of a descriptive term in my eyes.

Et sä VOI SANOO NOIN