Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, look, an officer pointing with one finger.

AH AIN'T SCURRED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

So Australian soldiers that deploy with the US Army get to wear our combat patches?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
They're meaningless bullshit brand labels who cares

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

That's rad for the aussies

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There are italians with 173rd patches and CIBs everywhere here.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

So Australian soldiers that deploy with the US Army get to wear our combat patches?

Eat some more of your gruel, your blood sugar must be low if you care about this

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Eat some more of your gruel, your blood sugar must be low if you care about this

:drat:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I'm not about anything, it's a question because I have never seen foreign soldiers wearing US unit patches other than the Koreans.

I don't care one way or the other.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I can only speak to navy stuff, but navy regs allow for wearing of foreign badges/ribbons/medals and we gave US navy ones to all of the attached aussies and they wore them even after returning home.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

The Bosnian dudes guarding the JOC at Bagram wore 10th Mountain patches while we where there.

I imagine it's pretty common among other militaries, especially ones that have less stringent uniform regs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol i remember when i cared about flair

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

EBB posted:

lol i remember when i cared

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

At least your liquid diet offered some relief from the misery of the military

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EBB posted:

How did Ric piss you off?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

At least your liquid diet offered some relief from the misery of the military

still gave me horrid shits though

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
making GBS threads blood to own the lifers

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

ol' 3 star there looking stoked to receive the mateship trophy

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EBB posted:

lol i remember when i

uh

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I shot an EIC match this weekend and nearly had a heat stroke. It was fun I guess.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure I'm an idiot, but what the gently caress is EIC? Is that a new name for EIB?

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm sure I'm an idiot, but what the gently caress is EIC? Is that a new name for EIB?

Nah it's the excellence in competition badge match. It's mostly a civilian marksmanship thing but my state holds a combat version of it every year at Perry. Top 10% of new shooters that meet the minimum scores get a permanent badge to wear. The civilian one is 600m slow fire and allows special service rifles that people accurize. The combat one is load bearing gear and helmet with off-the-rack m4s or m16s.

We did a 300m zero, then 300-100 known distance shoot (all on a paper silhouette) that you could use any service optic on. I did irons to confirm my m4's zero and did alright. The EIC starts at 425m and is irons only. Target comes up and you run up, load, and fire prone unsupported at 400, then 300, 200 kneeling, 100 standing, then closer on 2 targets standing for 5 shots a piece that you get 6 seconds for at 75, 4 at 50, and 2 at 25 to shoot however you want (so 5 at 75 on the left then 3 shots at 50 and 2 at 25).

It was just hot as balls out and I got hella sick. I think I scored high enough on the rifle portion for a badge but they basically don't tell anyone and you get it in the mail at some point. I sucked at the pistol shoot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Too bad the bus of depression, the semi truck of toxic leadership, the Patriot missile of alcoholism and the 155MM artillery round of bad financial and life choices can't be stopped by staff sausage Spiderman.

Also the kid is on his phone and will walk into an 88M MOS contract

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Don't know about USA but USN that career field allows personnel to become experts in playing gay chicken and having five formations a day, critical skills for

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Government purchase cards are such a pain in the rear end

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you do anything with your GPC other than put it in a lockbox you're playing with fire. That thing is the grim loving reaper in a little piece of plastic that gives zero fucks as to what rank or position you have. There's no way I would ever take a job that involves dealing with them on a regular basis.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

That's a travel card.

GPC is using your units funds for crap from base supply and whatnot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
How, when, and where you can legally use a GPC is a constantly swirling mystery, which the GPC holder gazes into while commanders try vigorously to shove them into the legal morass, never to be heard from again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mustang posted:

That's a travel card.

GPC is using your units funds for crap from base supply and whatnot.

Travel card is easier to use: you don't!!!!!

GPC is what I was talking about. We're currently planning a huge training event and we have to have absolutely everything run by legal, in writing, because we've had three different people (a COL, a CAPT, and a GS-15) say three different things on what is authorized use of GPC.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I didn’t get into miles and points racket until a few years after I got out but drat I wish I had. I think all of the big issuers waive annual fees for active. So with regard to travel card, why wouldn’t you have and use Chase Sapphire Reserve and/or Amex Platinum instead?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I didn’t get into miles and points racket until a few years after I got out but drat I wish I had. I think all of the big issuers waive annual fees for active. So with regard to travel card, why wouldn’t you have and use Chase Sapphire Reserve and/or Amex Platinum instead?

The DoD makes you use its own terrible travel reimbursement system tied to your GTC so that people can't game credit card rewards points.

BTW if your unit is dumb and runs out of money and can't reimburse you, you're still in the hook to pay it off otherwise it'll affect your credit.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I don't know how you can not use your GPC, it's a huge pain in the rear end but it's easier than setting up a GFEBS account for everything. GFEBS are great for big training events, but GPC is necessary for a lot of smaller purchases.

Needing 5 signatures is a huge pain in the rear end though. So is the training.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I wqs forced to become a GPC holder as I was being medboarded so Im pretty sure its just a form of punishment.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
GPC is easiest to use through SSSC. Anything else requires the 3 bids unless you can prove single source requirements. Most people don’t like using it because it requires a load of paperwork, and if you don’t you could be liable.

GFEBS is great for contracts, MIPRs, and other purchase requests that require multiple payments . It’s a huge pain otherwise. It can be incredibly non user friendly.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

psydude posted:

The DoD makes you use its own terrible travel reimbursement system tied to your GTC so that people can't game credit card rewards points.

BTW if your unit is dumb and runs out of money and can't reimburse you, you're still in the hook to pay it off otherwise it'll affect your credit.

That sucks. Still those cards have sweet perks and even if you can only use them for leave travel it would still own.

I’m traveling for my GS job right now, racking up points on my Sapphire Preferred.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

"you can add to but can't take away" is such a crock of poo poo.

What I hear is that they are unfamiliar with the reg and won't accept the fact that they are wrong.

How the gently caress are we supposed to comply with something that isn't annotated anywhere. Someone deciding on the spot that something is not cleared for transportation with no reg to back it up is bullshit.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I got a negatice counseling statement and threatened with an Art 15 for pointing out that if your addition removes from the original intent, then it really isn't an addition.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

I got a negatice counseling statement and threatened with an Art 15 for pointing out that if your addition removes from the original intent, then it really isn't an addition.

lol what

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I got both myself and my BN XO locked up at attention by a LTC from corps, I thought I was going to get my rear end reamed by my XO afterward but to his credit he wasn't mad at me since I ended up being right.

I wasn't being disrespectful or argumentative either. The guy was just flat out wrong.

If I had answered him the way he wanted me to I would have definitely been lying.

Not sure what his branch was but I don't think he's ever been in a line unit, completely detached from reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mustang posted:

completely detached from reality.

Hmm, sounds like Army.txt right there.