Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I mean, even if it was (and that's what it looks like) an argument that turned violent, that's not super-cool either.

I already absentee-voted in the MN primary so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

rudecyrus posted:

As someone who never watched Oprah, what is "Oprah psychology"

"the secret"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyway its hard to say whats happening but if keith did anything lovely get him the gently caress outta here and im defaulting to not believing him unless we get a good rear end reason

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqK1vmvdSo&t=38s

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

anime was right posted:

anyway its hard to say whats happening but if keith did anything lovely get him the gently caress outta here and im defaulting to not believing him unless we get a good rear end reason

quote:

Kim Ellison, who is Keith Ellison's ex-wife, came to the congressman's defense Sunday in an statement that was emailed to reporters.

"We may be divorced, but we are still a family," she wrote. "I want members of our community to know that the behavior described does not match the character of the Keith I know."

that his ex is vouching for him gives me more reason to believe him

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
[in Concerned Citizen voice]: How come this guy can't stay married?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Like, I remember the college Democrats in my day overwhelmingly preferring Obama over Clinton. But it was already clear that they did not have an overlap with the campus activist community. Judging by my Facebook, some of them ended up supporting Bernie over Hillary. While some of them did drift towards succ.

If I had to use an educated guess how official college Democrats meetings played out in 2015-2016ish, I might guess that they might have enjoyed a temporary higher attendance when a Sanders nomination was still possible. I can imagine the student leaders of the group having legitimate sympathy for the insurgency, but still having their "adult in the room" instincts kick in. (And also, not wanting to burn bridges with local politicians, potential connections, guest speakers, etc.) Attendance might have dropped a bit after the contentious summer that featured the Dem convention, but the threat of Trump might have kept some of them attending. But the subsequent Trump victory would have thinned out campus Democratic student organizations a lot.

At this point, I imagine the students who supported Bernie who didn't yet graduate finding alternative organizations to the College Democrats, and the College Democrats leadership fully retreating to succ and just padding their resumes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lets Get Patchy posted:

Total succ, personal experience edition.

Just had a Richard Neal canvasser come to the door. [...] brought up the fact that my chosen candidate is a Muslim. Thanked them for their involvement in politics and closed the door.

I'm a 34 year old vet and DSA member. Get off my loving lawn.

If he attacked your candidate for being Muslim you should maybe have been far less polite.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Also, I'm the poster itt who I won't bother to quote who thinks it's creepy and damning for a 50 y/o to be dating at all.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Once you turn 30, dating is weird

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I appreciate the non-@ lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, I'm the poster itt who I won't bother to quote who thinks it's creepy and damning for a 50 y/o to be dating at all.

I'm p sure he's making jokes, that's his "thing"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I;m thinking about the sexual habits of the elderly

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Calibanibal posted:

Ellison is an actively dating bachelor in his 50s he is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a manipulative shithead. He probably also a sexfiend

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
imagine thinking that quoting a calibanibal post is beneath you

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

piss tape is real but it was keith's all along

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good political fortune will wash over you if you support Bashar al-Assad. Fact.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Crazy ex-girlfriends do exist IRL and it's not sexist to say so

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

If he attacked your candidate for being Muslim you should maybe have been far less polite.

:decorum:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Lets be real tho, thats a TRASH post. Im not comvinced i made it

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

It wasn't so much as an direct attack but a mention that "As a Muslim lawyer, she...". I definitely saw through the tactic. I really didn't feel like getting into it with her, I'm smoking meats and drinking today.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lets Get Patchy posted:

It wasn't so much as an direct attack but a mention that "As a Muslim lawyer, she...". I definitely saw through the tactic. I really didn't feel like getting into it with her, I'm smoking meats and drinking today.

:decorum:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lets Get Patchy posted:

I understand the "man fuckin really" instinct

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

Lets be real tho, thats a TRASH post. Im not comvinced i made it

you reached elysian heights with that .gif and god struck you down

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cuomo running annoying critical journos out of their bureaus and blacklisting them from working in the Tri-state area is going set him up nicely for 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I'm p sure he's making jokes, that's his "thing"

theres only a certain level of irony poison that my liver can handle at this point

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's going on with Ellison?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do you not read the thread

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

rudecyrus posted:

Do you not read the thread

I can't read.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Go see a trainer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wlwJ5ADMxA

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Well how the gently caress are we supposed to tell you what's going on then

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

It comes down to the video. That's all you need to know.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/401480-reporter-shares-video-of-altercation-with-protester-in-charlottesville

As a centrist I am shocked and appalled that these Alt-Left "Bros" have no respect for the fourth estate.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1028688637523841024

real heros ;__;7

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i can't believe that antifa would be rude to a nice journalist with a camera

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Phone posted:

i can't believe that antifa would be rude to a nice journalist with a camera

Just trying to get nice, full-face reaction shots. IDK what the big deal was? :shrug:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

what are they going to do, shitpost fight song and emojis

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just trying to get nice, full-face reaction shots. IDK what the big deal was? :shrug:

Imagine Fight Song in social media form.

Imagine a army CCs going online to to win Trump and Bernie supporters with their flawless logic and arguments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Hell yeah poster Mitt Romney is coming back.