Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

idgi unless the joke is that malba is the chuddiest part of ny-14

It's Staten Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

NKD endorsed both Salazar and Teachout on Thursday. Dilan didn't bother filling out his questionaire

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Catalina Cruz just knocked on my door.

She’s nice and working really hard on this campaign. She also seems to be knowledgeable about immigration issues. Her plan for the MTA seems odd though. I should have asked her good questions but I’m a bit hungover frankly

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress off

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KalmanYeger/status/1026303599423287298

Context: Simone Zimmerman is working for Gisha, a rights group in Israel mostly focusing on Palestinian rights, and is involved with If Not Now in the US, another mostly Palestinian rights focused organization. She was recently interrogated at length by the Israeli General Security Service about her political views, when coming in through Sinai.

Apparently not all of this guy's constituents are particularly happy with his position:

https://twitter.com/SatmarNation/status/1026602146605740032

In this thread, as you can see, he further defames her as a terrorism supporter.

Any chance someone could primary this shithead next year, assuming NYC council members have 2-year terms?

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/KalmanYeger/status/1026303599423287298
[...]
Apparently not all of this guy's constituents are particularly happy with his position:
[...]
Any chance someone could primary this shithead next year, assuming NYC council members have 2-year terms?

The Satmar and assorted anti-Zionist hasidic portion of Yeger's constituents won't make or break his primary/reelection chances.
For the eXXXtreme super fringe take on this ideological minority look up Neturei Karta and enjoy the Twitter journey such research takes you into.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

of course the Satmars don't agree with this, they oppose the existence of israel on the grounds that the messiah hasn't returned

my question is, how do all of the assorted ultra-orthodox sects in Boro Park (and there are many of them) manage to agree on one candidate? the narcissism of small differences is very real there

edit: to answer your question, AA, NYC councilmembers have four-year terms, not two. they can only run for re-election once unless they're grandfathered in by term limit extensions passed under bloomberg, and the only remaining member who falls under that is on his way out

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Aug 8, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

The Satmar and assorted anti-Zionist hasidic portion of Yeger's constituents won't make or break his primary/reelection chances.
For the eXXXtreme super fringe take on this ideological minority look up Neturei Karta and enjoy the Twitter journey such research takes you into.

I assure you that you'll be hard pressed to find an Israeli Jew who hasn't heard of Neturei Karta. :v:

get that OUT of my face posted:

edit: to answer your question, AA, NYC councilmembers have four-year terms, not two. they can only run for re-election once unless they're grandfathered in by term limit extensions passed under bloomberg, and the only remaining member who falls under that is on his way out

:smith:

Edit: Meanwhile, in statewide lols:

https://twitter.com/TweetBenMax/status/1026849108684890112

:sad:

Absurd Alhazred has issued a correction as of 03:49 on Aug 8, 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What’s funny is that Nixon brought this on herself

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

What’s funny is that Nixon brought this on herself

Wait. You think this make her look bad? :psyduck:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Hiring Byford is a legitimate coup to be proud of. The rest is lol.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I just feel like, almost 8 years into your Governorship, "I hired a bunch of people and I'm spending some money now and a lot of people are working really hard" is cold comfort for anybody actually having to deal with the subway fuckups on a daily basis. And it sends mixed messages when half the time he insists that anything bad is the City's fault.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now ask how much beyond that 8 billion would be required to fully fund the capital construction plan

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/1027182439590977536

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
The suburbs of Western NY have elected some real winners to the House. Aside from Collins, within the last 11 years or so they've had Tom Reynolds, aka the guy who was running the Congressional page program which Mark Foley used to try and sexually assault a bunch of teenage boys, and Chris Lee, the guy who resigned after it was revealed he had used his real name while trying to pick up a girl on Craigslist--he even sent her shirtless photos of himself :v:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

more of a LAN post but still, a nice reminder why the UES is the worst nyc neighborhood by a mile

https://twitter.com/babyvietcong/status/1027035238285893633

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

more of a LAN post but still, a nice reminder why the UES is the worst nyc neighborhood by a mile

Someone should cosplay as Ho Chi Min and and burn it the gently caress down

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

midtown east :colbert:

still vomit worthy tho

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ues has changed so much in the last ten years. now 2nd and 3rd have become like huge douchebag 30 something hangout drags with the same bar copy pasted for 30 blocks while streets like madison have 10 empty store fronts per block in the 80's/90's cause all the olds died i guess?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
A lot of rich absentee "investment" property owners are a factor in the empty store front thing, by most accounts. I'm sure Amazon etc. is part of the story, too.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

ues has changed so much in the last ten years. now 2nd and 3rd have become like huge douchebag 30 something hangout drags with the same bar copy pasted for 30 blocks while streets like madison have 10 empty store fronts per block in the 80's/90's cause all the olds died i guess?

The entire west side of 1st Ave between 85 and 86 has zero occupancy its the worst, being able to watch neighborhoods die in real time sucks rear end

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Vacancy Tax.....

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

of all the unions that are useful idiots for cuomo, the TWU has to be the dumbest. they have the most exposure to the subway system and they're defending the person who's most responsible for its sorry state. union politics in NY are atrocious

Real hurthling! posted:

i work on the UES and my parents live there. the amount of empty storefronts there is embarrassing, to the point where an "upscale Vietnamese restaurant" is actually an improvement. all the attractions are frat bars and outposts of hip restaurants that started in other neighborhoods (Xi'an's, Meatball Factory, 5 Napkins, etc)

it doesn't help that giant glass gently caress-off condos have really taken off there and not even the old money types can be bothered to afford them, or at least not enough of them to actually occupy them for more than two months a year

speaking of which, my ex in China wants to make enough money so she can get a down payment for a million dollar-plus apartment mostly to invest in. for the first time in my life i'm glad things didn't work out between us

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Aug 9, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i live in the upper 90s for a long while and its like idunno how it happened but things are hosed up all of a sudden.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Meatball factory is gross and dumb and doesn't deserve to be uttered in the same sentence as Xi'ans thanks a god bless

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
it's embarrassing that the gentrifier beer store on 95th that I loved closed and has been vacant for a year. also the biggest change I've noticed North of the hospital is the citibikes. EVERYWHERE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i visited white plains today to see some fam and up on the hill over silverlake there were these yellow bicycles just randomly on the curbs here and there and it turns out a company just dumped them all over downtown and went out of business.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

military brothel not included

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

it's embarrassing that the gentrifier beer store on 95th that I loved closed and has been vacant for a year. also the biggest change I've noticed North of the hospital is the citibikes. EVERYWHERE
there are people in my neighborhood who want citibikes. granted, the ocean parkway bike path is close by, but come on

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
a citibike costs more than a subway rid elmaooo

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
can't wait for your evil city to perish

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gunshow Poophole posted:

What's wrong with citibikes? Granted they've gotten like 60% more expensive then they started, but they are good thing and super convenient for getting both across manhattan and brooklyn.

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

can't wait for your evil city to perish

Unfortunately it won't happen.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Unfortunately it won't happen.

Most of it will be underwater by the end of this century, if not sooner. :sadwave:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Most of it will be underwater by the end of this century, if not sooner. :sadwave:

That will be the end of wall st, but only the physical manifestation of it, the destructive spirit of capitalism will never let something as petty as nature stop it.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

That will be the end of wall st, but only the physical manifestation of it, the destructive spirit of capitalism will never let something as petty as nature stop it.

all the trading bullshit goes on in Jersey anyway.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cuomo isn't saying no to single-payer but i'll believe it when i see it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

just don't believe it then.

gonna canvass for Nixon in Astoria tmrw b/c why not? Anything's better than that guy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm not canvassing for her because she isn't going to win. the "she has no experience" line and the comparisons to trump are very widespread beliefs in this state and in NYC in particular. even if you think the polls are underrepresenting some people, she's in way too deep of a hole to climb out of. i'll gladly vote for her but i'm not delusional enough to think she'll pull it off

i am, however, canvassing for Zellnor tomorrow

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This speculative article in the Albany Times Union suggests that the recurring postponements of the convicted Percoco's sentencing might have to do with some deal which will have him turn on Cuomo in yet another potential pay-to-play case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/DandC/status/1028765958293188608

lmao