Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Speaking of breaking, I recently found out that you can recover broken shields by picking them up again before you end a battle. All those legendaries...

Wait, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Speaking of breaking, I recently found out that you can recover broken shields by picking them up again before you end a battle. All those legendaries...

:psyduck:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was just thinking that if I see a unique weapon it might be more reliable to kill the guy holding it first and grab it off the ground then to hope the loot after the battle gives it to me.

But that's...wow.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I actually haven't verified it yet, it was in a comment in the BB subreddit.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah, I realised I was hosed on my existing game since I decided to fight some undead and 5 fallen heros waltz in and start 2 shotting everyone becasue my armour is piss poor. Ugh. Time to try again I guess.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
If you didn't turn Permanent Destruction on (which you shouldn't do anyway unless you really know what you're doing and play on a good map seed) you can just sit the crisis out. The undead crisis spawns a shitload of hyperaggressive undead that you'll have to dodge but it's not impossibe.
Otherwise, yeah, restart. It sounds like you're incredibly underequipped and if you can't afford a single piece of decent armor things probably aren't going too well anyway.

golden bubble posted:

Bandit leaders can spawn with sub-200 body armors. Sometimes you just keep getting unlucky. That's why noble war is the best. Knights always have the good stuff. That and ziwihander hats.
I've never managed to get a Zweihander's hat to drop. Mainly because they scare me and I usually let allied soldiers deal with them when possible.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just use a gold cheat :ssh:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've gotten to the endgame crisis in lovely armour before. Ended up being the orc crisis so I mostly waited it out because gently caress having perm destruction turned on.

The 3 dudes I had with armour became tanks and everyone else picked up a bow of some sort. Made a ton of money farming off of orc young.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Does anyone have any good map seeds they particularly like? Really annoying when a huge mountain range splits the map in two or close, prominent settlements aren't connected by road or whatever.

Doesn't help that you gotta do the intro battle each time before you can see the map so its a pain to keep generating new ones

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Aug 8, 2018

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Day 5 and I just got jumped by 6 necrosavants. I've never noped out of something so fast in my life

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Try 6ab39e. Excellent starter bros and easily traversable map.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Figured out why I sucked so bad, bandit leaders only spawn in camps I believe. If you don't get a "clear out a camp" mission, the various "stop bandits" missions won't have bandit leaders in them. So I wasn't clearing enough bandit camps, to see enough bandit leaders to dagger party. Rectifying this now.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Drone_Fragger posted:

Figured out why I sucked so bad, bandit leaders only spawn in camps I believe. If you don't get a "clear out a camp" mission, the various "stop bandits" missions won't have bandit leaders in them. So I wasn't clearing enough bandit camps, to see enough bandit leaders to dagger party. Rectifying this now.

I think they also start spawning in the attacking groups during defend the settlement jobs. It might be tied to higher reknown or more days passed possibly?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

moot the hopple posted:

I think they also start spawning in the attacking groups during defend the settlement jobs. It might be tied to higher reknown or more days passed possibly?

Bandit Leaders can and will spawn in 3 skull bandit outpost clearing missions, and if you happen to get your teeth kick in you WILL be accosted by some other asshat who wants the guys head for the bounty before you manage to get healed/repair your armor.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios/status/1027896216254902272

:gonk:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Not sure how to feel about that. The Resolve mechanic is not exactly my favorite part of the game.
Especially when binary checks are used to determine whether someone switches sides on the spot, that seems way too swingy.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i just had an orc encampment event that i've never seen before. a bunch of orcs were infighting so when the actual battle happened the orcs were also attacking each other.

killing orcs was raising the morale of rival orcs :v:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Save or dies are never that much fun. I think these enemies will just end up being an archer tax. With their low hp and armor, it just becomes a matter of if you can snipe them before one of your bros falls before their endless spell spam, since spells do not cost fatigue. It's a pity, since crossbows are more fun than spamming Quick Shot like a maniac.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There is something wonderful about managing to get a useful Historian. They're my favorite lovely bro type and I hunt for one every campaign.

Good old Raban, the Historian Who Can't Stop Killing.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I definitely like having both a Cultist and a Historian in my roster because of their cool event reactions but it does take some hunting to find ones up to par.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My current Sergeant is a cultist with brain damage and he has already converted one brother.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Right that lady gets an arrow to the face. I wonder what the range on the spells are.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Drone_Fragger posted:

I don't think that's right, plenty of camps have bandit leaders in them without being part of a mission. In fact, taking a low-skull camp clearing job makes a camp have less challenging opponents and less treasure than it would have otherwise.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Getting back into this game, have four guys kitted out with okay armor walking through a field of their own dead. Disposable new guys falling everywhere. Need to do more head damage for armor off bandits.

Is there a way to find where missions are rather than just wandering from town to town?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there a way to find where missions are rather than just wandering from town to town?
Tavern rumors.

Also, just pick fights while traveling. Brigand Raiders aren't hard to find.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I just discovered that flails can pulp wiederganger heads, further cementing my flail-bro Egon Skullcrusher's place as the most useful guy on the team

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Getting a Crypt Cleaver on Day 16 is always a good time.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Getting a Crypt Cleaver on Day 16 is always a good time.

This but a war scythe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I would obviously have preferred a warscythe but really I'll take almost any of those 'no you don't actually have to fight the skelemans and also get an Ancient Dead weapon early' events.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Maybe they'll let you get unique crypt cleavers with the free update. That'd be cool.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I got badly owned by goblins in a fight off attackers mission and then TWO more identical stacks of goblins trundled in :lol: Up until this point the playthrough had been going beautifully, too. Sad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goblin Wolf Riders all have Duelist, don't they?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Wizard Styles posted:

Tavern rumors.

Also, just pick fights while traveling. Brigand Raiders aren't hard to find.

Is that profitable? Seems like you spend more in hammers and meds than you get in weapons to sell.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is that profitable? Seems like you spend more in hammers and meds than you get in weapons to sell.

raiders have t2-3 weapons which sell fairly well, and they also drop gold. If they don't have archers you can often kill 1-2 before they can get to you, and they actually have fatigue and moral so if you can wreck them early you can generally keep them from doing any damage, then surround the remainder once they're moral is broken and dagger party for even better armor. Once your guys all have chain+ and something better than farm implements it's pretty efficient.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Latest dev blog is up:

http://battlebrothersgame.com/

quote:

The Hexe
The Hexe is a witch inspired by Grimm’s fairy tales, a malevolent old crone living in swamps and forests outside of villages alone or in a coven with other Hexen. They’re human, but have long sacrificed their humanity for otherworldly powers. They’re feared, but also worshipped by some. They’re burned at the stake, and yet people seek them out to plead for miracles. They lure and abduct little children to make broth and concoctions out of, they strike terrible pacts with villagers to receive their firstborn, they weave curses and cast hexes. Their huts may or may not be made of candy. With her sorcery, a Hexe can enthrall wild beasts, and even warp the mind of humans, and so will often be found in the company of creatures that serve her.

That's some heavy Hänsel und Gretel stuff....

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hey did you guys hear there's going to be witches in this game

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

TheAnomaly posted:

raiders have t2-3 weapons which sell fairly well, and they also drop gold. If they don't have archers you can often kill 1-2 before they can get to you, and they actually have fatigue and moral so if you can wreck them early you can generally keep them from doing any damage, then surround the remainder once they're moral is broken and dagger party for even better armor. Once your guys all have chain+ and something better than farm implements it's pretty efficient.
Yeah. It's also not that risky to go after them that way because you always mostly know what you're getting into. If you take a contract to hunt down Brigands there's always a chance you'll get hosed over and sent to take on 6 Marksmen in a swamp.
Eventually you'll want to take those contracts or attack camps on your own to go after Leaders but early on attacking roaming Raiders is the best way to get good weapons and okay armor. Groups of Thugs and Brigands especially since you can just kill the Thugs off fast for easy morale swings.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hammerstein posted:

Latest dev blog is up:

http://battlebrothersgame.com/

That's some heavy Hänsel und Gretel stuff....

so what i'm hearing is, there's candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I assume that they live in gingerbread houses and destroying one gives you a special gingerbread food stack.

That turns all your brothers fat.

Because gently caress you.