Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thespaceinvader posted:

That's a hilarious alt art but why is it on Fenn Rau of all people o_O

Because Rebel Fenn's normal ability text is a huge block of text compared to other ships.

Here is my day 2 haul for our unofficial Aussie System Open run by the Onyx Squadron guys.

Very happy I got the system open shields and the Whisper alt arts are sweet.

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Awesome! I love that Whisper pilot card art!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

thespaceinvader posted:

They only work in the Bullseye Arc, good luck lining them all up.

Bullseye arc is such a neat mechanic. Would love to see 6 HLC Scyks vs a traditional Ghost list

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Just to clarify, the Palp card for 2.0 has a +1 force on it. That means it starts with 1 force and can recharge above that limit (because of the +), right? Or am I really wrong and it can just hold 1 force charges? I don’t see the +1 on any other card.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The +1 means that the pilot's Force stat increases by 1. What recharges the Force is the little arrow next to the number.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

The +1 means that the pilot's Force stat increases by 1. What recharges the Force is the little arrow next to the number.

Note that the pilot's force stat is 0 if it has no force number.

Also note that regardless of the number of sources of force, each pilot still only regens one per turn.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Does anyone know if Saw's Renegades has 2.0 X-wing pilots that aren't in the starter or T-65 pack?

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am 90% sure it does
Thanks, managed to confirm it with some unboxing videos, but I also found out that the quality on the Saw X-wing is worse than the 2nd ed. boxes. I'll probably wait for a second printing.

smug jeebus fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 13, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

StuG Jeebus posted:

Does anyone know if Saw's Renegades has 2.0 X-wing pilots that aren't in the starter or T-65 pack?

I am 90% sure it does

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Currently enjoying someone melting down on facebook since anyone who likes 2.0 is either a paid influencer or a fanboi.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Raged posted:

Currently enjoying someone melting down on facebook since anyone who likes 2.0 is either a paid influencer or a fanboi.

How did he find out that FFG is paying all of us?

There must be a leak.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Post screenshots bro

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

KongGeorgeVII posted:

How did he find out that FFG is paying all of us?

There must be a leak.

I mean they did give us all checks at GenCon

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Raged posted:

I came to fairly dislike X-Wing 1.0 but I'm currently at maximum hype for 2.0, and FFG isn't giving me any money. What I'm saying is, FFG, give me some loving money.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/13/qualify-for-worlds-in-less-than-twelve-parsecs/

Worlds is now invite-only :eyepop:

quote:

How do you earn your invitation? With the introduction of X-Wing Second Edition, there are now two competitive tracks that both lead toward the X-Wing World Championship—the System Open Series and the Hyperspace events. The top players at each of these events will earn their invitations!

The Top 8 players at each System Open.
All undefeated players in a System Open Hyperspace Qualifier.
The winner of each Hyperspace Trial.
The Top 2 players at each Hyperspace Cup.

quote:

Importantly, there are several key details that further distinguish these Hyperspace Trials from other X-Wing events:

There are two periods of Hyperspace Trials each year.
Each period of Hyperspace Trials will introduce new challenges and refresh the metagame with event-specific squad-building requirements. These will be communicated through the app.
There is no pre-set limitation on the number of Hyperspace Trials. Each qualified retailer will be able to host one of these events, but only once per year.
Hyperspace Cups are upgraded versions of Hyperspace Trials that come with additional prizes and offer an experience befitting a premier level of competition.
The U.S. and Canadian application deadline for these Hyperspace events is tomorrow, so be sure to talk to your local retailer today about hosting one of these exciting X-Wing competitions!

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

My old system of "just throw it in a box" organization for my 1.0 cardboard was not an ideal solution. I have a good amount of Plano stuff holding all my minis, but God help me I have no idea what to do with the sheer amount of stuff in the conversion kit. I'm glad all the cards are uniform size now, so I can just dedicate some binders to each faction and one for neutral upgrades, but all this CARDBOARD man. I mean it's glorious but for now I just have it all still snapped into the sheets it came on and hiding in the box it came in.

Instead of just buying everything (somewhat out of necessity to get those sweet, sweet upgrades), I think 2.0 is very much a "buy only exactly what you intend to use" type of thing. Like I'm not even sure I'm gonna get any other conversion kits at this point - maybe? There's just a ton of poo poo in there. My collection was never enormous to begin with, though. I'll probably get the Imperial conversion kit since I have incidentally acquired a high number of TIE/ln minis. But that's probably it?

The Escalation rules they have in the rulebook seem fun. Might give those a shot - I never really played anything outside of standard tourney format during 1.0, except a brief dalliance with HotAC. I'm actually sorta surprised that 2.0 doesn't have a co-op campaign ruleset of its own.

Man I just hope Luke is good in practice. I'm worried that because he's not PS6 he'll suffer in the inevitable arms race to either have 8 ships or PS6 only pilots. I could also be worrying over nothing because I'm still stuck in a 1.0 mindset circa 2016.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Worlds is also the day after Coruscant Invitational, which begs the question of why on earth do they need two invite-only tournaments?

I'm moving at the end of the month so today I've been going through and throwing out all my 1.0 xwing stuff, and just looking at the ridiculous amount of stuff I'm binning, it makes me think of how much money I could save if I just like... stopped buying it. :smith:

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Devlan Mud posted:

I'm moving at the end of the month so today I've been going through and throwing out all my 1.0 xwing stuff, and just looking at the ridiculous amount of stuff I'm binning, it makes me think of how much money I could save if I just like... stopped buying it. :smith:

I don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on throwing out all my old cardboard, but I haven't. Even if I just tossed out all those annoying mini-cards for upgrades and such I'd probably be glad of it.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I thought I'd found a broken upgrade combo on on Scum ships with both crew and gunner slots.

Perceptive Co-Pilot gives you a free focus when you take the focus action.
Han (gunner) lets you take a focus action when you engage.

I just spent the last 30 minutes theorycrafting lists that would let me
Move > Take focus action > PCP extra focus > Engage > Han focus action > PCP extra focus

For a total of 4 focus a round. On Boba, with all his re-rolls, this seemed REALLY GOOD.

Then I remembered you still can't take the same action more than once per round and my dreams of invincible Boba evaporated.

Now I'm sad again.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 13, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

flightless greeb posted:

Awesome! I love that Whisper pilot card art!

I thought both Whisper and Echo were dudes?

Not that it matters any either way.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

I thought both Whisper and Echo were dudes?

Not that it matters any either way.

I know at least Echo had been referred to as a she in the FAQ. I believe "she" here refers to Echo, and "he" refers to the controlling player.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

It's confusing, i think they've switched pronouns on them in announcement articles several times but there's no canonical source for made up nerd game tie fighter pilot gender

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Echo might be, but Whisper has always been referred to as feminine as far as I can remember.

Empire gets a bunch of awesome lady aces.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Psycho Landlord posted:

Echo might be, but Whisper has always been referred to as feminine as far as I can remember.

Empire gets a bunch of awesome lady aces.

Yeah I've always had people refer to Whisper as female. I dunno how true it is.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I refer to literally every generic and gender-unknown pilot as "she" or "her" or "they", I have no idea why I do that. It's because I am a self-loathing CIS Male scum (& Villainy)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Apparently FFG is charging FLGSes for the T-65 damage deck they promised with every pre order :capitalism:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

alg posted:

Apparently FFG is charging FLGSes for the T-65 damage deck they promised with every pre order :capitalism:

Not surprised in the least, when TI4 came out and they promised the hardcover rulebook with each preorder, they only shipped one book for every two copies of the $150 dollar game the store ordered, it took our local store owner a bunch of wrangling to get FFG to sell him the difference, since there was no way he was ever going to move twice as many copies as preorders over the lifetime of the game, much less have space for all that inventory.

FFG kinda sucks, but we knew that already.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Kind of not happy with the invite only Worlds. The US and Europe will have a ton of Hyperspace Trails, qualifiers and System Opens while the rest of the world is going to be lucky to have a couple people qualify. Heck last years champ would not have gotten an invite under the new system .

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Ughhh excuse me but the rest of the planet doesn't matter

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Recoome posted:

Ughhh excuse me but the rest of the planet doesn't matter

I am eagerly awaiting to see how LPG gently caress up this season for Australia. There is a big push by the community for LPG to lose OP and for VR to take over. Also, a big push by local shops for LPG to lose distro over not getting stock when LPG owned shops have all they could ever hope for.

*That probably makes no sense to anyone here is a quick explanation.

Lets Play Games (Distro) and Good Games(chain of shops) were started by 5 guys years ago. Eventually ended up with 2 guys as sole owners of both. Big gaming companies got complaints of shady poo poo like GG getting all the new stock and flgs getting very little. Eventually, FFG and I think other big gaming companies told LPG/GG that they needed to sell one of the companies. So then the two owners split the two. Now one guy runs LPG and the other GG and they will constantly state that they are in no way colluding. Hint... they are

Shady poo poo is still happening and the guy who runs OP for LPG is horrible at his job. Everyone says he is a nice guy, but incompetent and FFG OP has been a dumpster fire in Australia for years. poo poo like flgs not getting any of the quarterly kits and yet GG shops some having 5 of them. The cherry on the cake was LPG forgetting to order store champ kits. The only reason Australia got any kits this year is due to community members like the Foss twins contacting friends they had made at FFG and organizing about 13 compared to the 70+ we needed. These kits, unfortunately, were sent to LPG who ended up assigning a lot of them to their own stores including one to a shop that can barely host 20 people.

Then if that was not enough. LPG then lost some of the kits. It wasn't that the kits did not arrive from FFG they lost them after they arrived. Throughout all of this LPG refused to respond to shops or the community about what was going on. This culminated in a change.org petition which shocked everyone when it actually got acknowledged by FFG and then LPG started attempting to do damage control without really answering anyone's actual question except for saying "contact your local shop".

Thing is I have only been playing for about 18 months and I have seen this, but players have LPG horror stories going way back covering just about every game that falls under LPG.

Also, the supposed reason Australia hasn't ever gotten a System Open is not FFG, but LPG.

Raged fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 14, 2018

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Hopefully FFG is making this change while also planning on expanding the System Open/Hyperspace schedule. I mean X-Wing Worlds is now its own event, separate from FFGs other Star Wars and other games, so they have the space. Living literally 3 minutes from FFG, this hurts me quite a bit as I really loved going to Worlds this last 3 years since all it cost me was an entry ticket, but I get the idea that they want Worlds to be the cream of the crop, which I am definitely not.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Okay guys.

How the hell do you build a good YV-666 in 2.0?

I want to fly Moralo, but I can't figure out a good upgrade loadout. Like...at all. I'm this close to just flying him naked.

I do that a lot in my early 2.0 listbuilding (few or no upgrades), but it just seems wrong to fly a party bus without a party.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Okay guys.

How the hell do you build a good YV-666 in 2.0?

I want to fly Moralo, but I can't figure out a good upgrade loadout. Like...at all. I'm this close to just flying him naked.

I do that a lot in my early 2.0 listbuilding (few or no upgrades), but it just seems wrong to fly a party bus without a party.

I have no idea is this is good or not, but I want to try it

Moralo Eval — YV-666 72
Trick Shot 1
Qi'ra 2
Boba Fett 4
0-0-0 3
Ship Total: 82

Boba allows you to deploy in a weird spot, Qi'ra gives you some more maneuverability because you can ignore obstacles and plays off Trick Shot, and Triple 0 gives a little boost with stressing your enemy or getting a calc. token. Honesty, I have no idea how to build one yet either, but anything that allows for more weird set up and running off the board seems fun.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Honestly, I'm very much leaning towards 'don't worry about flying stuff naked'. A lot of the upgrades seem a little overpriced at the moment, and I suspect that 2e building will be largely about ignoring upgrades for the most part and just bringing well-fitting batches of well-priced ships.

I suspect the best Moralo is just... Moralo.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I have been struggling with list building too and I think it's because we are used to the current 1.0 power level and everything has been toned back across the board. Nothing feels hugely synergistic or powerful. Until I get ships on the table I don't think I can definitively say what is good or bad, there is just too much data to sift through.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It took me a few 2.0 lists to really wrap my head around Talents not being necessary anymore. None of them are near as game-changing as their counterparts in 1.0. I suspect there's going to be a lot older biases like that that will have to be abandoned for 2.0 list building.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I gotta say that 4-LOM (crew) + Static Discharge Vanes looks pretty tasty.

This of course assumes that 2.0 has the same "nothing is truly simultaneous" logic as 1.0 where you'd get 1 ion token at a time from 4-LOM.

Use 4-LOM, get 2 ion tokens. Give one to enemy, receive stress. Accept second ion token.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

ConfusedUs posted:

I gotta say that 4-LOM (crew) + Static Discharge Vanes looks pretty tasty.

This of course assumes that 2.0 has the same "nothing is truly simultaneous" logic as 1.0 where you'd get 1 ion token at a time from 4-LOM.

Use 4-LOM, get 2 ion tokens. Give one to enemy, receive stress. Accept second ion token.

Honestly, I'm reading that it probably won't work that way. Static Discharge Vanes says "Before you would gain 1 ion or jam token". Since 4-LOM gives you TWO tokens, I'd read that as not working together. Justify it as being too much ion surge for the vanes to discharge.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Cobbsprite posted:

Honestly, I'm reading that it probably won't work that way. Static Discharge Vanes says "Before you would gain 1 ion or jam token". Since 4-LOM gives you TWO tokens, I'd read that as not working together. Justify it as being too much ion surge for the vanes to discharge.

It would ABSOLUTELY work in 1.0, because you only get one of those ion tokens at a time.

I'm just not sure if 2.0 works that way.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Psycho Landlord posted:

It took me a few 2.0 lists to really wrap my head around Talents not being necessary anymore. None of them are near as game-changing as their counterparts in 1.0. I suspect there's going to be a lot older biases like that that will have to be abandoned for 2.0 list building.

I am also experiencing this. I played a game tonight at the FLGS (Atomic Empire in Durham, NC owns bones) and I realized that naked ships are actually super good; Talents are icing but they're not the featured element of a ship, usually. I attribute this to a lot of the more insane EPTs disappearing (good riddance PTL and VI). They feel simultaneously worth taking and not totally necessary. It's nice.

Speaking of, I did Luke/Wedge/Norra versus Boba/Fenn/Lando (escape craft) tonight. I won, but it was close. Wedge fuckin died man. I mean, hard. I need to stay out of my own way w/r/t trying to play it like it's 1.0, because Wedge should totally have been able to make more happen with Outmaneuver since he was moving last. I was deeply satisfied with Luke and Norra, though. I'm just not sure Wedge is the ideal third ship in that list. I'm thinking of swapping to Thane Kyrell, maybe? His ability to constantly chain off Direct Hit! for example seems nasty, and continually re-upping Blinded Pilot on a non-Force user seems pretty great, too. I imagine Thane will be better if large ships with lots of hull become prevalent, because against smaller ships Thane feels like a worse version of Maarek.

Meanwhile, Luke is a fantastic arc dodger with Supernatural Reflexes and it's absolutely necessary to play him as such. I jousted once when I really shouldn't have and it almost cost me the game, mostly because I was just so used to X-Wings needing to joust.

I think it'll be worth it if you run Luke to just staple Supernatural Reflexes, S-Foils, and one of Proton Torpedoes or R2-D2 to him and build out from there. If Iden is everywhere, run R2-D2. If she's not, Proton Torpedoes. Alternatively I could try to find room to give Wedge Lone Wolf and Proton Torpedoes, but I'm not sure what's in the budget.

2.0 is just so much tighter and cleaner. It feels fun even if you're not winning, and very few lists I've seen make me think, "Oh, my list stands zero chance against that." Experimentation is fun! Maneuvering seems to matter way, way more - there's less win-the-game-at-listbuilding than before, though I suppose I could just not be running into the truly amazing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hell ya booooooooi

My shop just go word that we are getting a Hyperspace trail!