Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shame about their ACLs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1029057111429468160

this is like after a tsunami when the waters retreat

The tsunami is gonna hit KC in three weeks!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thanks for all the podcasts everyone, gonna check em out

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Docjowles posted:

I’m not sure you can really call mcmagic the entire internet.

In theory I like the idea of letting Mayfield sit for a year. This is tempered by the fact that he’ll be “developed” by Hue loving Jackson (for as long as he lasts as HC) so it’s hard to say how much benefit he will actually derive from that.

At least Zampese seems to have a not-totally-embarrassing resume as a QB coach I guess?

I was generalizing, I've heard the start Baker NOW elsewhere too. It really doesn't matter though, until Ws start showing up everything the Browns do will be over analyzed and told they are wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We now take you to Chargers training camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSEVyzKmlyU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Meanwhile Vita Vea is injured and Chris Conte is starting. Stupid Bucs hosed this up (per usual).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zerilan posted:

If you're still doing this I'm very curious on their writeup/projections for AB and Juju.

quote:

For the third time in the past four years, Brown topped the wide receivers DYAR table, bouncing back from a down year in 2016 where he “only” finished seventh. His DVOA was his highest in three years. He has now averaged 100 receiving yards per game over his past five seasons, a feat that only Julio Jones and Lance Alworth have ever matched. Despite the wide array of weapons the Steelers have to choose from, Brown had 34 percent of Pittsburgh’s receiving yards, the third-highest amount in the league. His numbers would look even better if Pittsburgh would stop trying to throw him screen passes. Brown’s the crispest route-runner in football. He had DVOA above 35.0% on slants, posts, and go routes: long-developing routes where he can use his speed and precision to beat defenders. On wide receiver screens, Brown had -58.0% DVOA and -36 DYAR. It’s not a one-year phenomenon, either; Brown has always been well below average on screens. It’s like using a Lamborghini to go off-roading. Hopefully, a change at offensive coordinator will put an end to it.

Smith-Schuster was arguably the most efficient receiver in football last season. He was dinged for a lack of speed coming out of USC, but that didn’t actually manifest itself in any way on the field. Among receivers, he ranked first in DVOA, sixth in DYAR, seventh in plus-minus and third in YAC+. That last stat might be the most interesting. Smith-Schuster won’t be winning any medals on the track anytime soon, but he doesn’t need to. He has more than enough speed with the ball in his hands, and his combination of precise route-running and a willingness and ability to go over the middle and work through traffic means he can put himself into positions where he can take off and run after the catch. Take drag routes for instance—Smith-Schuster had a 54.0% DVOA and was second in the league with 54 DYAR on drag routes, and his 10.6 YAC was third-most among players with at least 10 of those routes. The Steelers got a major component in their office for years to come.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Paxton Lynch, a former first round pick, getting supplanted by two different Mr. Irrelevants before the start of the regular season is pretty hilarious. Time to go into insurance, kid.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/downtownrams/status/1029057803514720256?s=21

big, if true

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, this dude's never gonna be a successful QB

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

24 million come the gently caress on

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Yeah, this dude's never gonna be a successful QB

come on now

https://giphy.com/gifs/dance-broncos-touchdown-qRr8rV9WisagU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

As an OC he is without a td.

This is why I specified QB coach :v: Cause yeah as an OC his resume is, um, well

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Blitz7x posted:

24 million come the gently caress on

Mack gone.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

At what point is a player who isn't a QB worth that much of your salary cap

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

At what point is a player who isn't a QB worth that much of your salary cap

When your qb is on a rookie contract

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Can anyone tell me why there’s been so many rookie holdouts this offseason? I just was reading about Roquan Smith, and the whole thing confuses me, because I thought the CBA specifically has provisions for rookie pay slots so that there wouldn’t need to be so much negotiation about first contracts.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think Roquan is the only rookie holdout

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Democrazy posted:

Can anyone tell me why there’s been so many rookie holdouts this offseason? I just was reading about Roquan Smith, and the whole thing confuses me, because I thought the CBA specifically has provisions for rookie pay slots so that there wouldn’t need to be so much negotiation about first contracts.

The holdouts arent about salary. It's about offset language in the contracts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Democrazy posted:

He isn't holding out because of his pay. He is holding out so he doesn't lose his pay due to some bs new helmet to helmet rule.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Mack gone.

If the Raiders couldn't afford him, he would have been traded before the draft. They knew how much he'd cost now it's just haggling over how much of the future they'd like to mortgage

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Blitz7x posted:

If the Raiders couldn't afford him, he would have been traded before the draft. They knew how much he'd cost now it's just haggling over how much of the future they'd like to mortgage

From what I understood/heard, Donald and Mack were kinda in this together and once one signed, the other would follow suit.

:shrug:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'd be extremely reluctant to promote Todd Haley to head coach. He's poison. I like how Ben Roethlisberger is no longer talking about retiring anymore now that Todd is gone.

Ben isn't talking about retiring anymore because the qb roster is set for this year. His focus for the next 5 months will be on drumming up injury drama every time he's touched.

I have full confidence that he'll put on another good retirement temper tantrum next offseason though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Iodised QQ posted:

I have full confidence that he'll put on another good retirement temper tantrum next offseason though

Unless he actually sits at some point and Mason Rudolph looks good somehow, then he'll quietly seethe and work to get better.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I was expecting 25m/year for Donald so that's a bargain in my books. gently caress the QB-only market.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The titty kisser sucks

quote:

The Chicago Tribune reports Mitchell Trubisky has remained "uneven" throughout training camp.

Per reporter Rich Campbell, Trubisky "averaged about two interceptions per day through the first 10 practices." Campbell passed along a "stay tuned" when commenting on how Trubisky might "command" new coach Matt Nagy's scheme. Trubisky has attempted just four passes through the Bears' first two preseason games, but should see more work against the Broncos on Saturday.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I remember getting in an argument with an IRL Bears fan friend that said Trubisky is in for an MVP season because he was better than Goff in his rookie season and the Bears did everything the Rams did in this off-season therefore when he takes his big step forward it will be into HOF-caliber eliteness.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

The titty kisser sucks

His name is Trubisky and he plays for the Bears he's born and bred for legendarily lovely night games.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm super excited for the bears to throw tight end screens to unproven guys in a scheme that requires Travis kelce and end up replicating John shoop

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

DariusLikewise posted:

I remember getting in an argument with an IRL Bears fan friend that said Trubisky is in for an MVP season because he was better than Goff in his rookie season and the Bears did everything the Rams did in this off-season therefore when he takes his big step forward it will be into HOF-caliber eliteness.

That is a depressing amount of self-delusion.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

cavallingus posted:

Jon Gruden doesn't like him

:laffo:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:laffo:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

The titty kisser sucks

What I'm getting out of this is it's Chase Daneil's time to shine baby! He's just been biding his time, about to take the league by storm!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Browns vs Bills preseason game Friday. Yeah I'm gonna watch that aren't I. Like a loving car crash.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

What I'm getting out of this is it's Chase Daneil's time to shine baby! He's just been biding his time, about to take the league by storm!

He needs to take his own team by storm first!

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1027279016255004672

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DariusLikewise posted:

Except for improving the O-Line and getting a bunch of very good receivers

And having an insane defense to help carry him

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Finger Prince posted:

Browns vs Bills preseason game Friday. Yeah I'm gonna watch that aren't I. Like a loving car crash.

Baker Mayfield vs Josh Allen in a shootout. Get in bitch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

He's a kinda dumpy looking half chubby guy and was even when he was young, so this is the least surprising thing ever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

lol these teams only split 9 wins between them last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love Josh Allen's arm, but I've yet to see him actually kill a man with a football, so I feel like he's disappointed me so far.

• Locked thread