Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Latron is a nice semi-auto rifle, it kind of reminds me of the scout rifles from Destiny, which were probably my favourite all-round guns. It also has a shotgunny feel to it, and there's a prime version as well as a wraith version you can get fairly regularly from invasions.

Snipers and Bows can be fun too. Vectis and Rubico are pretty nice, though Rubico's scope is horrible (but you can just turn scopes off in the options and it gives you the same zoom with the standard reticle).

Mutalist Cernos is a crapload of fun because it has a guaranteed gas proc wherever the arrow hits, so you can basically use it to close off doorways with poison clouds.

Javlok* is a pretty odd, fun primary too, I got a good riven for it and kept it because it was fun and different. It's a grineer wizard staff that launches fireballs for a million D6 damage, or if you get bored you can also throw the staff itself, which explodes on impact, then you have to go wade through the bodies to collect it. The one thing I would change about it is that I would love them to add a way that it also used your melee slot, so you could use it as a launcher and also as a staff for maximum Gandalf cosplay.

* Autocorrect changed this to kaboom, and I'm not entirely sure it was wrong to do so.

I didn't like the Latron too much :shrug: I was actually hopeful for it before, but I feel like its missing something?

I've got a Mutalist Cernos and I'm working on that, so hopefully it'll turn around and be as good as the Prime version.

Have not even heard of the Javlok before now though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
semi-auto guns are definitely an acquired taste. you have to like, aim and stuff.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I actually really like semi-auto guns in video games, but the Latron just doesn't do it for me :(

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I actually really like semi-auto guns in video games, but the Latron just doesn't do it for me :(

Try the Quartakk if you haven't (from Plains zombie invasion bounties) sort of like a shotgun and a semi-auto rifle had a kid. It's satisfied my semi-auto itch and still does good work.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

a lot of semiautos in this game are just not as satisfying as I want them to be, I hear you on this. The entire Latron family was a pass for me and let's not even discuss the Veldt.

I like the Tiberon Prime because it can do semi, burst, or auto and is good in all three modes. Other than that I like the rubico which is a sniper rifle so it doesn't really count here and that's it? I guess I should give the Quartakk another try. I got it early, wanted to like it, didn't like it, but they changed it and I haven't given it a fair try since.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Wait what’d they change about the Quartakk?

Also re: AKGOON apps—clear out your goddamn invites

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MisterFuzzles posted:

Try the Quartakk if you haven't (from Plains zombie invasion bounties) sort of like a shotgun and a semi-auto rifle had a kid. It's satisfied my semi-auto itch and still does good work.

Quartakk already has my seal of approval.

4 rounds at a time absolutely mulches some enemies, but I think it only gets really good once you reactor it, which I haven't.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I know! I'll pitch an idea to DE to create a semi-auto rifle that uses 8-round clips, and has a delightful sound upon the last shot.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

BlondRobin posted:

The Prisma Gorgon is *very* good since the weapon rebalance, especially with a riven since it’s got 5* disposition.

I don’t think the other variants are very well thought of, however.

Ah, that must be what I'm missing then: I've only used the Gorgon and now the Gorgon Wraith.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
regular gorgon is just too weak nowadays. even the weapon rebalance pass wasn't enough.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.

hup posted:

Also re: AKGOON apps—clear out your goddamn invites

It used to be a semi auto that fired a 4round burst, meaning all the bullets split status and the like between them. Now it's classed as burst that fires a 4 round shot with each round having the listed chance.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hup posted:

they fixed the status chance, it used to have shotgun-style status. Now it's fixed so the status chance is as listed instead of listed/4.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I know! I'll pitch an idea to DE to create a semi-auto rifle that uses 8-round clips, and has a delightful sound upon the last shot.

This but instead of your idea make a cannon that shoots cannon balls that fire bullets and will do the death blossom maneuver from Last Starfighter.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WebDO posted:

This but instead of your idea make a cannon that shoots cannon balls that fire bullets and will do the death blossom maneuver from Last Starfighter.

But... I already have the mocap data for my not-Garand :(

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

this is violence

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I've been working on my stat stick for Atlas, and It has to empty mod slots. I'm trying to decide which is better, between viral, gas, and corrosive. Any thoughts?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the dex sybaris and sybaris prime are some of the more satisfying lever-action rifles i've used in a while

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

A true abomination.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tei posted:

Astilla. I tried it, and I did not like it much. The thing jumps too much when I trigger fire.

Astilla benefits from some QoL recoil and flight speed mods.

I got a riven with +dam, +flight speed, -recoil and while I could try rolling for more damage or whatever it makes it feel so much nicer with those stats.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Thanks for the clan invite.

Still very green and clueless. But having fun. The last few pages taught me I've been Limboing wrong. (Wonder how many players I've banished without a clue what I did... :) ) Figured out what those lenses do too. Looking forward to learning more by osmosis, maybe even leech less one day. Got to the point of figuring out I need to spend more time on the Plains of Eidolon and not being able to fly around made it hard to keep up. Found the plans to augment my spaceship and wasn't quite ready for how many blueprints are available. Lot of learning left....

If anyone needs to pick up a mod or three from the Lua Challenges to unlock the Sedna Junction ping me in game and I'll join the fray. Still need two.

My in-game name is Zhit01

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Whatever it is, its banned here.

So I have my Trinity leveled up, and got a Lanka leveled up. I'm ready for Eidolons. The only problem now is, what am I supposed to do with my Trinity? What am I supposed to do in the fight at all? I know I'm supposed to break their shields with the operator and snipe the joint. But thats all I know of the fight. I assume I'm there for the blessing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hobold posted:

I've been working on my stat stick for Atlas, and It has to empty mod slots. I'm trying to decide which is better, between viral, gas, and corrosive. Any thoughts?

it goes base damage > impact > as much elemental damage as you can fit. crit and status are useless with 5% base, so pick elements based solely on the damage type. corrosive's good for most stuff. also apparently syndicate mods apply, so if you lack a riven there's poo poo like bright purity for skana. oh, and spoiled strike has no downside, since attack speed doesn't transfer but the base damage does.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 13, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it goes base damage > impact > as much elemental damage as you can fit. crit and status are useless with 5% base, so pick elements based solely on the damage type. corrosive's good for most stuff. also apparently syndicate mods apply, so if you lack a riven there's poo poo like bright purity for skana. oh, and spoiled strike has no downside, since attack speed doesn't transfer but the base damage does.

Corrosive is where I settled, Just felt like I should ask for a second opinion. This is how I've got it set up now. Not sure if I could do anything more with it outside of a riven.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
spoiled strike, ditch the hybrids and focus energy, use all 4 90% elements instead. spoiled strike is super cheap if you don't have it, like <5p if no one in clanchat has a spare. and obviously, primed pressure point would be a step up but that's not so urgent that you can't just wait for baro.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I just finished the second dream and it was good.

Aside from That rear end in a top hat stunlocking me with his Anime Sword Waves and the eye of something not shooting where it was supposed to.

Shame I pretty much spoiled myself by over analyzing the game after being told it was all about transhumanism, saw a few things coming but not quite like that. Once you look, the game really wasn't subtle about it, too.

E: Basically, I came here because I was told I could become a servant of Literally The Devil From Yudkowsky's Cult, and I can, and I am. Also I have no idea who told the devs that someone enjoyed the water temple and they should copy it, because no one did.

EE: Unless I am mistaken, the controls list did not spoil The Second Dream, which I think is really neat and a thing more developers should do.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 13, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

spoiled strike, ditch the hybrids and focus energy, use all 4 90% elements instead. spoiled strike is super cheap if you don't have it, like <5p if no one in clanchat has a spare. and obviously, primed pressure point would be a step up but that's not so urgent that you can't just wait for baro.

Dropped Scourge and Focus for Spoiled and North Wind. Thanks for the advice.

SIGSEGV posted:

Shame I pretty much spoiled myself by over analyzing the game after being told it was all about transhumanism, saw a few things coming but not quite like that. Once you look, the game really wasn't subtle about it, too.

I did this myself. Had no idea what this game was coming into it, story wise, and figured most of it out along the way. Still find it highly enjoyable and am really looking forward to the New War quest for continuation.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Speaking of story, when is the next part coming out, the sacrifice ends on just a bit of a cliffhanger for a long gap.

Also from the perspective of a new player, it uh, really shows at what point they started putting actual money and effort into it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 13, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

let me put it this way: if the next main story quest came out before the year was over then i'd be overwhelmingly surprised

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The only question I have story wise is: when can I take a loving flamethrower at the infected poo poo that's in the right side corridor of my orbiter.

Although I'm pretty sure I can safely remove it by just getting in my warframe and hosing down the area in bleach before scrubbing.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Speaking of story, when is the next part coming out, the sacrifice ends on just a bit of a cliffhanger for a long gap.

Also from the perspective of a new player, it uh, really shows at what point they started putting actual money and effort into it.

Right in the back end of the Natah quest, since it required new assets. (But the bomb was still an Orokin tile-set cryopod.)

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 13, 2018

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

SIGSEGV posted:

The only question I have story wise is: when can I take a loving flamethrower at the infected poo poo that's in the right side corridor of my orbiter.

Although I'm pretty sure I can safely remove it by just getting in my warframe and hosing down the area in bleach before scrubbing.

That ties into other parts of the story.

Also Nidus and other infected players, sticking you with that pink neck tumor.

Big spoiler here.

It is more or less the ships medbay, and made of the 'passive' strain that Nidus found/talked to.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you wouldn't want to actually get rid of the infestation. it's there for a reason. if you're not sure why, you definitely haven't been in there yet and also haven't gotten far enough in the story.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

you wouldn't want to actually get rid of the infestation. it's there for a reason. if you're not sure why, you definitely haven't been in there yet and also haven't gotten far enough in the story.

I have a fairly solid idea. The warframes, especially painted and twinked out, can be hard to tell apart from infected and have some similar design elements, I suppose they are what happens when the infestation is done right and in a controlled and responsible manner.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SIGSEGV posted:

I have a fairly solid idea. The warframes, especially painted and twinked out, can be hard to tell apart from infected and have some similar design elements, I suppose they are what happens when the infestation is done right and in a controlled and responsible manner.

Play through The Sacrifice and the answer may surprise you.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I can't help but notice similarities between bollywood scenes and my favorite warframes

Mesa

Ivara

Link Trinity

Nidus

Loki

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Uranus?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Sarsapariller posted:

I can't help but notice similarities between bollywood scenes and my favorite warframes
:psyduck: Bollywood is apparently a land of wonder and insanity.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey one of those is an australian thing. :v:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Why do assassins always spawn on missions I'm in process of failing?

I've killed G3 (then failed my mission) and Stalker popped up while I was practicing void challenges with Maroo's treasure hunt. Which I failed.

Boo.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Elissimpark posted:

I've killed G3 (then failed my mission) and Stalker popped up while I was practicing void challenges with Maroo's treasure hunt. Which I failed.

Boo.

Gotta rub salt in the wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Elissimpark posted:

Boo.

inverse desire meter