Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Guys I think we've cracked the code

https://twitter.com/LordRay23/status/1026569394871259136?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That poo poo is legit on par with reading tea leaves but don't say as much to the daytraders or they'll wig out on you with a hundred and one logical fallacies twisted into arguments.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Is this real or is that what happens when you ask Ouiji how to interpret the chart?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Partycat posted:

Is this real or is that what happens when you ask Ouiji how to interpret the chart?

It's real insofar as people actually do this and think they can predict the future. That's not even as nutty as I've seen it get.

It's not real insofar as obviously you cannot predict the future.

Witness:

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 13, 2018

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
One of the core principles of TA is that the prices are discounted, I.e., reflect fundamentals in the price. Since crypto has no fundamental value, all these graphs and analysis are nothing more than voodoo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trust me TA is all voodoo regardless.

People spend billions of dollars on the world's best supercomputers and the world's most savant number crunchers to man them and spend millions to be one building closer to the servers and thus save 50-100 ft of fiber cable to shave a hundredth of a second off the latency time and run millions and millions of different signals and markers and backtest millions of alternatives but yeah some dickhead drawing lines on a chart is gonna figure out what they didn't.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

People spend billions of dollars on the world's best supercomputers and the world's most savant number crunchers to man them and spend millions to be one building closer to the servers and thus save 50-100 ft of fiber cable to shave a hundredth of a second off the latency time and run millions and millions of different signals and markers and backtest billions of alternatives but yeah some dickhead drawing lines on a chart is gonna figure out what they didn't.

I agree for sure, just pointing out that it’s not being applied correctly within the confines of its own rules.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dog Friday posted:

I agree for sure, just pointing out that it’s not being applied correctly within the confines of its own rules.

Ah alright then! :)

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Moridin920 posted:

It's real insofar as people actually do this and think they can predict the future. That's not even as nutty as I've seen it get.

It's not real insofar as obviously you cannot predict the future.

Witness:

whoa

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Another tether article

have not seen this before, yikes

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I forced a bot to watch 1000 hours of Bitcoin charts and here's what it said:

"Buy Bitcoin"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

lazorexplosion posted:

Another tether article

quote:

““There’s nothing to hide here,” said Mr. Real. “It’s not three managers just cranking out money randomly in a dark basement somewhere.”

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Looks like the setup for a vomiting seahorse pattern. This is good for bitcoin.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

congrats everyone we're back under 6000!!!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

People spend billions of dollars on the world's best supercomputers and the world's most savant number crunchers to man them and spend millions to be one building closer to the servers and thus save 50-100 ft of fiber cable to shave a hundredth of a second off the latency time and run millions and millions of different signals and markers and backtest millions of alternatives but yeah some dickhead drawing lines on a chart is gonna figure out what they didn't.
TA is bullshit but what quants are paid to do with AI generally isn't TA. TA is divining the future based on trades/price. As soon as you start looking into other market factors you're making bets with some basis in reality.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 14, 2018

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Uranium 235 posted:

We did it and I love every single one of you.

*pours beer over AARO's posting grave

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Uranium 235 posted:

Guess time for this video again (apologize if reposting, but seems appropriate):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y28Diszaoo4

CRAB17 is real!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lazorexplosion posted:

Another tether article

The only thing I can see is someone over another loving them. Which will eventually end in a hefty groan and collapse of both.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tether heist. break into their actual servers, they only expect a digital attack and that is where they are so, so very wrong

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is 6000 still going to be the floor or is this the time it drops to 5000 and that becomes the floor for a while?

Also, hope you like the new thread titties.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Is 6000 still going to be the floor or is this the time it drops to 5000 and that becomes the floor for a while?

Also, hope you like the new thread titties.

Courtesy of /biz/

http://www.stock-trading-infocentre.com/descending-triangle.html

:tif:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
The tether people just get a ping on their phone when Bitcoin hits 6K. Then depending on whether they're doing coke or not at that moment, they either immediately or a bit later activate the trade bots that pour more thether into the exchanges and jump the price $400-600 dollars in a few minutes. Then they go back to doing drugs / buying boats for another week or so.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I love I can relive this $6000 roller coaster over and over because butts are the most unstable thing ever.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

finally the time has come to buy

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Check out coinmarketcap.com Absolute bloodbath except for tether. Ethereum is down 17% lol

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 14, 2018

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Check out coinmarketcap.com Absolute bloodbath except for tether. Ethereum is down 17% lol

Lol goddamn

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The White Dragon posted:

tether heist. break into their actual servers, they only expect a digital attack and that is where they are so, so very wrong

the tethers are inside the computer

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

ghosTTy posted:

just in case some of you nocoiners were wondering , the price wont ever go below 6k so this is the best time to buy.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
A fencing company servicing local communities, on the blockchain. Block chain link fence blockchain co

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

I thought that looked like a falling wedge, which would be bullish, but then I saw the line that was drawn into the future was down so that’s definitely a descending triangle.

I’d be more bullish if the guess line were pointing up imo.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

divabot posted:

the tethers are inside the computer
There's always money in the servers!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Don't worry bitcoin is a store of value and the floor is the mining cost and it can't ever go below that because there are too many actors with a vested interest in keeping bitcoin prices up uP UP!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did Ham Sandwiches disappear again? I know he was here when the price had gone up a bit. Still want to see that posting graph v. BTC price.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

comedyblissoption posted:

Don't worry bitcoin is a store of value and the floor is the mining cost and it can't ever go below that because there are too many actors with a vested interest in keeping bitcoin prices up uP UP!

precisely this has happened with Bitmain and BCH!!

tl;dr they mined so much BCH they can't actually cash it out without crashing the price

and they can't stop mining BCH because then it'll get a 51% attack and the price will crash

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Waltzing Along posted:

Did Ham Sandwiches disappear again? I know he was here when the price had gone up a bit. Still want to see that posting graph v. BTC price.

he's been in the stellaris thread in games

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm sure he'll reply to you any minute now

Gorak
Dec 25, 2004

"Oh my God, they revived Gorak! You bastards!"

Waltzing Along posted:

I think I figured it out. When Ham Sandwiches posts, sell.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah last time he popped in to say he wasnt deliberately avoiding the thread before disappearing again thus owning everyone who said he was deliberately avoiding the thread

Gorak posted:

I think I figured it out. When Ham Sandwiches posts, sell. cover screen with hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
So my friend that's into eurithem or whatever must be really sad right now. He brings it up everytime he sees me around town how well its doing and how much he's made.