Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Turpitude posted:

You can also knock teammates out of an ATK with boogies. Bloody brilliant troll move to steal a kart this way.

This I did not know :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Lmao reading the last page of this thread you know a bunch of morons in this thread have incredibly strong opinions about gamergate

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Typical Goon posted:

Lmao reading the last page of this thread you know a bunch of morons in this thread have incredibly strong opinions about gamergate

I too want this thread gassed. How y'all feel about our POTUS Donald J Trump?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Everyone should probably just shut the gently caress up about things aside fortnite and keep their tedius forums beef cordoned off in even worse subforums than this.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

Oh no, you've summoned the beast.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This I did not know :eyepop:

Blew my mind when a dude did it to steal the drivers seat, then he did some sick jumps. I wanna do it and drive 3 other ppl off a cliff into the storm

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Turpitude posted:

Blew my mind when a dude did it to steal the drivers seat, then he did some sick jumps. I wanna do it and drive 3 other ppl off a cliff into the storm

Was playing squads and buddy drove the kart into a portal near Paradise. Ended up popping us off the map and killing all 4 of us. I probably could have jumped off and back onto the map but I was too busy choosing which slick dance I wanted to do while we were rift jumping :(

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Any aussies keen to squad up? My friends list is unusually quiet for a Sunday night

Add Rogular on PS4 for chill hiding and sometimes good but sometimes dumb sniping

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
The new workout emote is way too hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BITpvn5iiik

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Did they change Switch motion controls? I play with inverted stick, but now the tilt controls are suddenly inverted too, and that's not how it was when Fortnite first launched on Switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jivjov posted:

Did they change Switch motion controls? I play with inverted stick, but now the tilt controls are suddenly inverted too, and that's not how it was when Fortnite first launched on Switch

I hope so because the way they had it set up when motion controls were released suuuuuuucked.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
switch is good for lunch break fortnite
also very frustrating. must have done about 10 games. dropped into different populated areas. lost the first firefight every single game. oh well. either i got way worse on switch, or switch players got way way better.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Because what my landlord meant when she said my new place is fiber ready was my new place can have fiber installed in 4-6 weeks, it's now been 2 weeks since I've played fortnite. Probably going to head downtown this weekend and join a tournament at this arcade bar, any new metas to watch out for?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

parasyte posted:

switch is good for lunch break fortnite
also very frustrating. must have done about 10 games. dropped into different populated areas. lost the first firefight every single game. oh well. either i got way worse on switch, or switch players got way way better.

Its the latter, the game has gotten noticeably tougher on switch as time goes on.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I made another stupid montage

https://youtu.be/sBmyuurxj4I

A Man and his Hog
Jun 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Nice video man! Good play!

No idea how you survived the one part where like 3 dudes were like right on top of you.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol yeah I was cursing myself that I pushed too far. I don't know how I didn't die

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Haunted used to be my chill spot, now you can't get out of there with less than four kills, wtf

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Withnail posted:

Haunted used to be my chill spot, now you can't get out of there with less than four kills, wtf

the kill challenge, probably

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hope so because the way they had it set up when motion controls were released suuuuuuucked.

They're literally broken right now so it's definitely worse.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Weee! Jusy got my 3 kills in a match challenge, even if I had to be a bit opportunistic for it. First one was a proper fight but they let me get the drop on them with a legendary double barrel shotgun. Second build a little fort but was looking the other way (couldn't see what they might have been hiding from) so I just hopped in and gave them both barrels at no range. Third I should crouching on a ramp on top of a plateau, seemed to be AFK so I got my sniper elim on them. I think they left the spike trap on the ceiling in the next room though.

Edit: And I just murdered 2 people with shotties in Shifty Shafts, I actually have no challenges left!

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

I made another stupid montage

https://youtu.be/sBmyuurxj4I

Put us on the map baby

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

BizarroAzrael posted:

Weee! Jusy got my 3 kills in a match challenge, even if I had to be a bit opportunistic for it. First one was a proper fight but they let me get the drop on them with a legendary double barrel shotgun. Second build a little fort but was looking the other way (couldn't see what they might have been hiding from) so I just hopped in and gave them both barrels at no range. Third I should crouching on a ramp on top of a plateau, seemed to be AFK so I got my sniper elim on them. I think they left the spike trap on the ceiling in the next room though.

Edit: And I just murdered 2 people with shotties in Shifty Shafts, I actually have no challenges left!

I suck and the round I got my 3 kills I ended up with 8 somehow. I usually cap out at 2.

Game is still fun so far.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I suck and the round I got my 3 kills I ended up with 8 somehow. I usually cap out at 2.

Game is still fun so far.

Sometimes it just seems to fall into place, you play against the right people, or open a good legendary in your first chest and murder some people with just harvest tools, and you chance on the late stage of a duel and pick off one or both participants.

How do elim credits work in squad game modes? Is it credited to the person that did the knock down, and if someone executes them whilst they are down they get no credit?

In getting the 7 scrapheap chest challenge I played 50 vs 50, landed there as it was right under the end of the blue bus's path and found a red guy had landed there first. He took out a teammate before I shot him in the back, and I'm only slightly ashamed that I made to get him back up, but then dashed off and opened 3 chests before coming back to do it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I dropped junk in 50v50 yesterday and nobody else was with me, oddly. Got all 7 chests in one match

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I managed to stick two people with clingers in one match. I am champion.

The second guy had shields and didn't die though. A clinger stick should always be a one-hit because it's very impressive.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The second guy had shields and didn't die though. A clinger stick should always be a one-hit because it's very impressive.

Mine was bugged so that if I killed an opponent with a grenade/clinger it didn't count. Had to do it all with chip damage from stink bombs.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Playing with some friends the other night, I got the scar in like 4 straight games, found a leg just sitting on the floor of one of the houses outside shifty as soon as I landed in the first one. At first I was like whats the big deal about the scar? Cause I was still adjusting for nonexistent recoil. Now I'm pretty good with it

I'm so confused by this post \/\/. Are you talking about clingers?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 14, 2018

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I dropped into tilted last night in solo and 3 of us went for the clock tower. The chest was opened and I snagged climbers and got the easiest double kill suicide by sticking both and the floor.

I am surprised they don't make stuck clings over 200 dmg.

I would love to see a grenade launcher that shot little climbers. That would be fun.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
i downloaded fortnite on my s8 and the controls are hard and i have no idea what i'm doing. my 11 year old nephew has been teaching me things but i am still really bad.

thank you, god bless

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I'd kill for the playgrounds mode to bug out and let me count one of the llamas in there for the week 1 challenge. I still haven't found one of those in a regular game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nullsmack posted:

I'd kill for the playgrounds mode to bug out and let me count one of the llamas in there for the week 1 challenge. I still haven't found one of those in a regular game.

Your best bet is from the air, maybe you can plot a route using a few teleports, ending the route by jumping to the sea, so you can check a large area quick.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How do Llamas work, just randomly spawn at the start? Never seen them spawn and I guess they should work differently from air drops.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

How do Llamas work, just randomly spawn at the start? Never seen them spawn and I guess they should work differently from air drops.

Yeah, they randomly spawn before the match starts. There are 3, I think, llamas in every match, and their spawns are "true random", so you can find them in places like treetops or extreme hill slopes.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You're not looking hard enough! There are 3 in every game I believe. And as said above, scout from the air, though honestly I see most just by chance because I scout around on the ground compulsively. I often find them near hills, sometimes even in cliffs outright rather than a wide open plain, but thats just my experience. They aren't all that big so you gotta keep your eyes peeled, but the purple color should make them easy enough to spot unless you're on switch or mobile or some poo poo.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I cleared the llama achievement by finding a guy who was staring absentmindedly at a hill way above us. I shot him and then saw the llama. Sorry dude.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I got my only S5 victory so far with a clinger stick. 2nd place was way out of my league at building, so I started panic throwing clingers to bring him back to the ground. Saw him fall, tossed a rando clinger in his direction, and saw it stick. He immediately stopped in place and accepted his fate, Victory Royale for me.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I saw someone on my team searching a Llama in a 50v50, so I shot at him and scared him into releasing his search button, swooped in and grabbed it from him. Felt bad so I left all the loot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I saw someone on my team searching a Llama in a 50v50, so I shot at him and scared him into releasing his search button, swooped in and grabbed it from him. Felt bad so I left all the loot.

You can just shoot the lama if you are going for the achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Of all the random places I've seen llamas, last week I saw one sitting on top of taco in tilted towers. I was shocked at how ordinary and pedestrian the location was.