Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1029126039975460864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Freeze frame, sepia tone, roundabout intro

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Jokers Gamble posted:

"I owe your dad, he saved my life in Nam..."

"During 'Nam"

"A barracks in Conneticut in the late 60's was a dangerous place!"

I thought the California guard was the place to be for rich white kids in the 60's.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BigDave posted:

I thought the California guard was the place to be for rich white kids in the 60's.

Shut up Barry

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

loving choking to death on my drink now thanks rear end in a top hat

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I knew it was going to crazy wrong, but :laffo: what the gently caress

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Godholio posted:

I knew it was going to crazy wrong, but :laffo: what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/EvanKaufman/status/1029157432302419970

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, it's obvious he's trying to say "this guy killed Bin Laden" but... he didn't.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LingcodKilla posted:

Wrap it tight with wire too.

Or use an aluminum bat?

Someone on Pinterest did it with an aluminum one. http://i48.tinypic.com/lcm5g.jpg

Won't lemme drag and drop it to imgur so meh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That looks good enough that he drilled and tapped that bitch, and used pieces of threaded rod with a washer and nut to lock everything in place.

See, that's what's been lacking in our civil disobedience. Craftsmanship.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Are you ready for a global financial crisis?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.8e782d170d9e

quote:

Turkey’s plight deepened on Monday as the lira fell to new lows and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s refusal to abandon his unorthodox economic policies left investors fearing a new global financial crisis.

Turkey and other countries that borrowed freely when dollars were plentiful and cheap now face soaring debt payments they may no longer be able to make.

Such worries mounted as the plunging lira dragged down currencies in developing countries such as South Africa, Argentina, Mexico and Indonesia.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Make Turkey the Ottoman Empire ROME great again! :hist101:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

"Germany was awesome"

"Frankly, I enjoyed the war"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

not caring here posted:

That looks good enough that he drilled and tapped that bitch, and used pieces of threaded rod with a washer and nut to lock everything in place.

See, that's what's been lacking in our civil disobedience. Craftsmanship.

See, this could be a hot market.

"Each spike on this bat is tipped with steel from one of those CMP 1911s that actually shot/shot at nazis"
"the grip is wrapped with fibers from the rope that they used to hang von ribbentropp"

That and doing stuff like pouring a pound or two of buckshot into the bat and learning how to handle the weight shift so you get a little extra oomph when bashing the fash.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

See, this could be a hot market.

"Each spike on this bat is tipped with steel from one of those CMP 1911s that actually shot/shot at nazis"
"the grip is wrapped with fibers from the rope that they used to hang von ribbentropp"

That and doing stuff like pouring a pound or two of buckshot into the bat and learning how to handle the weight shift so you get a little extra oomph when bashing the fash.

A sock made of the fiber from flags hung on the Reichstag and a brick from Dresden?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This bat has been drilled and corked with fourteen ounces of the densest nazi gold that 7 WTC's vaults have to offer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Defenestrategy posted:

A sock made of the fiber from flags hung on the Reichstag and a brick from Dresden?

brass knuckles with a striking face made from the melted-down barrels of the artillery used against seelow heights

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

This bat has been drilled and corked with fourteen ounces of the densest nazi gold that 7 WTC's vaults have to offer

got 14 karats for your 14 words :toughguy:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

brass knuckles with a striking face made from the melted-down barrels of the artillery used against seelow heights

The burlap sack used to loot Hitler's bunker filled with the doorknobs salvaged from the nuremburg courthouse

E: Bethesda, hire me.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

The burlap sack used to loot Hitler's bunker filled with the doorknobs salvaged from the nuremburg courthouse

E: Bethesda, hire me.

making a wolfenstein diablo clone would be amazing if all your magic poo poo was just ww2 allied flair.

NAZI STOMPER BOOTS [Legendary]

The rubber soles of these boots are made from the treads of an M4 Sherman tank, and the steel toes are made from T-34 gun breechblocks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

shame on an IGA posted:

:yeshaha:

I wonder what her username is

I assumed this azelia chick was musk's girlfriend-gone-crazy, which I assumed the weird 2018-part of the story was.

Reading further, it appears she isn't which begs the question who this person is and why they are running around musk's home making GBS threads on him on Twitter.

I know, o know, the answer is "2018"

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I assumed this azelia chick was musk's girlfriend-gone-crazy, which I assumed the weird 2018-part of the story was.

Reading further, it appears she isn't which begs the question who this person is and why they are running around musk's home making GBS threads on him on Twitter.

Azalea Banks is the human id given form and the ability to air poo poo all over Twitter. Buckle up, it's about to get petty.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FAUXTON posted:

making a wolfenstein diablo clone would be amazing if all your magic poo poo was just ww2 allied flair.

NAZI STOMPER BOOTS [Legendary]

The rubber soles of these boots are made from the treads of an M4 Sherman tank, and the steel toes are made from T-34 gun breechblocks.

been leveling my Speech so I can just help both sides meet in the middle

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

been leveling my Speech so I can just help both sides meet in the middle

got ourselves a roleplayer here

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

She and Grimes have been teasing a collaboration for a long while. Banks is also famous/infamous for talking poo poo to people. If this turns out to be made up bullshit, it's one hell of a way to break up a collab. If it's not that, wtf.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mlmp08 posted:

She and Grimes have been teasing a collaboration for a long while. Banks is also famous/infamous for talking poo poo to people. If this turns out to be made up bullshit, it's one hell of a way to break up a collab. If it's not that, wtf.

wtf indeed.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (aka the less corrupt SEC) might end up having Banks provide testimony.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Immanentized posted:

Azalea Banks is the human id given form and the ability to air poo poo all over Twitter. Buckle up, it's about to get petty.

So a famous rapper, that isn't dating Elon musk, is running around his home Twitter-making GBS threads on him because...?

:stare:

/edit: oh, so musk's gf's name is "Grimes"? That at least provides me with some context for some very confusing content in the Elon musk own zone thread. Never made the connection

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 14, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
2018 is amazing fellas

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So a famous rapper, that isn't dating Elon musk, is running around his home Twitter-making GBS threads on him because...?

Least crazy thing this year.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

wtf indeed.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (aka the less corrupt SEC) might end up having Banks provide testimony.

Don't forget about the Tesla head of engineering who totally had his insider trading scheme blown wide open by Elon's elaborate 420 joke. Something like 1000 shares he "forgot" to dump in his way out the door in this guys account and he was party to all sorts of MNPI up until the moment he walked out the door.
I'd be willing to bet most of the senior directors and a ove at Tesla are going to be deep dicked by the SEC coming up, but its 2018, so it might just blow over.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Don't forget about the Tesla head of engineering who totally had his insider trading scheme blown wide open by Elon's elaborate 420 joke. Something like 1000 shares he "forgot" to dump in his way out the door in this guys account and he was party to all sorts of MNPI up until the moment he walked out the door.
I'd be willing to bet most of the senior directors and a ove at Tesla are going to be deep dicked by the SEC coming up, but its 2018, so it might just blow over.

I'm still thinking he was meeting with the Saudis back in June and thought he could close the deal by the Q2 reporting, started threatening traders who were shorting TSLA, and ended up not actually getting anything resembling a commitment until much more recently. Then, he scrambled and over-played the not-really-a-deal deal with the Saudis by saying he was gonna take it private, and now he's swearing they have $20B ready to go and the Saudis are all but ghosting him.

He's probably got some pathological hatred of traders who are shorting his stock and jumped at the first chance to gently caress them over and in doing so may have ilegally engaged in market manipulation. Hence his walk back about not speaking in a formal capacity or whatever when he said he wanted to take the company private at $420 a loving share.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Dude used his own stake in his own company for collateral on equipment certs (a type of bond) and for margin trading.
What the gently caress is even going on, he leveraged safe money for no discernable purpose.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

omg can we stop the Tesla/Musk suck circlejerk already!

Wait no, don't. This poo poo is too good and I'll never grow tired of reading about Tony Stark becoming Lex Luthor.

I'll go with megalomania here

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wait no, don't. This poo poo is too good and I'll never grow tired of reading about Tony Stark becoming Lex Luthor

You're being way too generous on both counts.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

just want to remind everyone that Theranos was a thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Dude used his own stake in his own company for collateral on equipment certs (a type of bond) and for margin trading.
What the gently caress is even going on, he leveraged safe money for no discernable purpose.

Item 35, Option O: Transaction with no apparent economic, business, or lawful purpose ☑️

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
i mean yeah Elon's totally gonna go bust but he's just going to be less rich than before and not you know destitute like the vast majority of Americans would be if they missed three shifts

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Those images aren't the complete story. Grimes invited her out for the weekend to "collaborate" on music when the whole reason Elon/Grimes flew her from NYC to LA was to try to set up some threesome.

https://twitter.com/jowens510/status/1029058664101863424

https://twitter.com/sadhoeflo/status/1028869317213880320

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://jalopnik.com/bumper-falls-off-brand-new-tesla-model-3-after-30-minut-1828306917

Tesla model 3s are losing bumpers when it rains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

just want to remind everyone that Theranos was a thing

As someone who works with patient samples / does research and has to deal with HIPAA, IACUC and IRB paperwork and applications constantly this poo poo was amazing.

Like, they went in with some assholish "silicon valley" mindset that 'the only reason this poo poo takes so long / doesn't work the way it should is because of excessive regulations and outdated oversight.'

Then they proceed to ignore a bunch of safety and private protection regs. They get called out for it but since they are 'disruptors' they ignore it and get the big FDA swinging dick all over them as a result. Guess what guys, when they tell you to knock it off, you knock it off.

Apart from all the safety violation poo poo their product also just wasn't going to work as good as they wanted it to, so they cocked up a bunch of stuff showing it worked great. Like, impossibly great but we can't show you how because its a trade secret but trust the guys that are ignoring a million ethical and safety standards that we are being honest on this one point.

I hope that Theranos is used as a classroom example for years.

• Locked thread