Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Remember, old boo has been banned before on the official forums.

Yeah that alone should dispel any kind of "It's Sandi wearing a mask!" stuff. Honestly the thing is that when it comes to Star Citizen the compasses are all hosed up. With any other game you'd look at someone like Boo and go "Yeah I mean that's definitely a paid shill," but Star Citizen is so loving weird that the reality is it's probably someone doing this for free because they think it will help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

Remember, old boo has been banned before on the official forums.

Double-inverted reverse opposite cover story working as intended. FOOLS! :freep:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah that alone should dispel any kind of "It's Sandi wearing a mask!" stuff. Honestly the thing is that when it comes to Star Citizen the compasses are all hosed up. With any other game you'd look at someone like Boo and go "Yeah I mean that's definitely a paid shill," but Star Citizen is so loving weird that the reality is it's probably someone doing this for free because they think it will help.

Why is your dog's snoot crooked?

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

Games and movies in a series sell based on how the last game did. You pay for it and then by the time you know its poo poo, its too late.

All that says was people really loved d2.

"Lolololol" @ u bein dumb

I would respond but looks like you get triggered easily so we'll let it go. Enjoy the ban.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beet Wagon posted:

Honestly the thing is that when it comes to Star Citizen the compasses are all hosed up.

This is a good way of putting it. It's impossible to know where reality ends and conspiracy theories begin, because so often with this project one becomes the other and even pure fantasy suddenly happens and is real, unless that fantasy is a CIG lie about what you can do in Star Citizen, at which point it coalesces as a lie and crashes to earth. This is always happening, the situation is pathologically mercurial, and frankly, that's all to CIG's advantage because as long as this project remains an ever-shifting quantum dumpster fire, they can keep stealing millions of dollars in plain sight.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Man, what the hell did user/xb0r3dx even say to them??

Started as an argument over Answer the call 2016. Usual BS, doesn't mean they meant 2016 release. xb0r3dx then tore down the usual lies with recordings of Roberts saying it was coming out followed by starloop refusing to accept and then , snap, this.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Man, what the hell did user/xb0r3dx even say to them??

He was doing the white knight thing of claiming CIG never promised a release date for SQ42. Then when presented with clips of Chris saying SQ42 will be finished by the end of the year for 3 or so years straight, spent dozens of posts attacking the poster and refusing to acknowledge what Chris said.

Eventually they realised they were irrationally defending CIG. But due to being depressed and suffering from black and white thinking, it caused them to completely flip positions on CIG. Since Chris mislead backers, the game went from being the only good thing in their life to a scam like everything else. They deleted their account because they were extremely distressed by the revelation.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Maybe we've reached the point where the backers are hiring paid shills themselves. After all, they have to do something with all their disposable income when they've run out of $27,000 worth of space ships to buy.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I believe in a thing called love

I'm more in the pledge side of things.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG is the biggest game development train wreck in history, by an enormous margin. There's practically no mistake they haven't made - we almost need to create a new word for the level of failure and ineptitude embodied by their Chairman. All that is true, and it still can't keep the interest of the denizens of a thread dedicated to it.

We're drama content locusts.

Toops posted:

If the rings spin off due to collisions with player ships, that would be because the rings are created as physics objects (which makes them conserve momentum during collisions), and are configured with a preposterously small amount of mass relative to the ships. It would be incredibly stupid to make those rings physics objects at all. They should be normal game objects with normal colliders which basically give them infinite inertia (think Doom-style walls).

This is yet more evidence for me that CIG has massively downscaled all objects in the game world. An example would be, if a humanoid model is usually 1 CryEngine unit in FarCry, making a human 0.001 unit and scaling everything relative to that would effectively make your level 1000x bigger. 1 meter turns into 1km.

Of course, any loving freshspawn game developer right out of college looking for apples on the coast knows not to do this, because it breaks your physics engine (everything acts like it doesn't have enough mass) and it fucks with collisions (because collision detection is only accurate down to roughly the centimeter depending on how fast the object is moving and what your framerate is). Any of that sound familiar?

That's why I always rail on the SC devs. They appear to have made almost every possible rookie mistake in the book and they don't seem to be fixing any of it, just building more floors on top of the burning wicker foundation which was built on a landfill which once was a sacred Native American burial ground.

Star Citizen is fundamentally doomed and will, imo, never be salvaged into a playable game.

Who Killed Toops?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

AngusPodgorny posted:

Maybe we've reached the point where the backers are hiring paid shills themselves. After all, they have to do something with all their disposable income when they've run out of $27,000 worth of space ships to buy.

Lies, you can always buy a second or even third set of these beautiful jpegs. Never know when you'll want to get around the replacement penalty!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh dear God you guys, this derail really needs to end. Whatever your opinions are on trans people, preferred pronouns, etc. this is absolutely not the place to discuss it.

Guess it´s slow news days. CIG´s next gently caress up can´t come soon enough!

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

TheSickeningTruth posted:

wee-wee stick between our thighs

Beet can I get a name change?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Please stop replying to TheSickeningTruth

Just report and ignore

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bayonnefrog posted:

I would respond but looks like you get triggered easily so we'll let it go. Enjoy the ban.

Wow.

Just wow.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow.

Just wow.

Report and ignore my friend.

:colbert:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fidelitious posted:

Nipple-horns on a Primarch.

MedicineHut posted:

Guess it´s slow news days. CIG´s next gently caress up can´t come soon enough!

Seriously; I post a really interesting story on Coutts & Co entering the 'dumb investment' field and not a dicky bird.

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 14, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fidelitious posted:

There's a difference between toxic and derailing opinions and directly antagonizing another goon.

But yeah gonna gonna ignore him too thx :)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Nipple-horns on a Primarch.

Seriously; I post a really interesting story on Coutts & Co entering the 'dumb investment' field and not a dicky bird.

Did you know that the Queen of England has her own ATM machine, which is supplied by Coutts and Co?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

You are correct. There are many reasons for this given this catch-all forum of "stuff".

Your post didn't go unnoticed.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Here is a fun one:

Who do you think will be the next to break and come to our side?

I'm a strong believer in those that seem to ramp up their attacks to almost herculean efforts are the one that break sooner so my vote is:

Babuinix, his shrill screams about SC being so beyond anything we've ever seen before is becoming more and more hysterical as the PR flubs mount, he is my vote for "crumbling zealot"

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Did you know that the Queen of England has her own ATM machine, which is supplied by Coutts and Co?
Cool, Queen facts.

Did you know that while there's a Royal Navy and Royal Airforce, there's no Royal Army? This is because the Royal Army was destroyed by parliamentary forces in the English Civil War, and subsequently the British monarch can't maintain a standing army without parliamentary oversight.

Did you also know that Star Citizen is a scam?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

monkeytek posted:

Chris Roberts
He'll join our side soon, wait 'til you see...

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Dogeh posted:

Chris Roberts
He'll join our side soon, wait 'til you see...

Chris Roberts started on our side. He's the ultimate inside man - he's destroying Star Citizen in the most ridiculous and farcical ways possible, while believing he's doing it for himself. Meanwhile, not even the craziest cultist would believe he's a goon.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Did you also know that Star Citizen is a scam?

To hell you say.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

monkeytek posted:

Here is a fun one:

I'm a strong believer in those that seem to ramp up their attacks to almost herculean efforts are the one that break sooner so my vote is:

Babuinix, his shrill screams about SC being so beyond anything we've ever seen before is becoming more and more hysterical as the PR flubs mount, he is my vote for "crumbling zealot"

It's going to be WTFO.

Whatever contract he has with CiG will be up eventually and he'll want to expand his viewer base while also being thoroughly burned out on SC. You can already see that he's constantly frustrated with the current state of the game.

Given his propensity for questionable antics (:females:) I think he'll dovetail nicely with the goons.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dogeh posted:

Says who?
I'm adorable.

I believe you, friend. :)

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Squadron 42 is a loving stupid name by the way.

I used to smile at coming across the number forty-two since it reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide. But now it reminds me of CIG. It makes me sad that they have smeared the meme. When I read '42', I want to think of Arthur Dent in his bathrobe. Not of heartless taking advantage of gullible people.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beexoffel posted:

I used to smile at coming across the number forty-two since it reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide. But now it reminds me of CIG. It makes me sad that they have smeared the meme. When I read '42', I want to think of Arthur Dent in his bathrobe. Not of heartless taking advantage of gullible people.

That is CIG's biggest crime IMO.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I keep reading "why the uniformed trolls are good"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You were kind of good until you showed you're living in a bubble. I hope you will eventually learn to live with your fellow human beings.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nyast posted:

Walmart employees in USA: 1.4 millions
Video game developers in USA: 65678 (2016)

Source: loving google :)

<3 Google

But yeah, this is kind of a problem for the industry in general. Blacklisting is super bad, and one persons opinion can sway a lot of people and that could easily be a lot of important people instead of a drop in a bucket where interaction is more limited.

Games. :rolleyes:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Save the drama for your momma/xe/zher.

edit: made smaller.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I've never claimed it harms me, nor that it hurts the social fabric. I'm not sure why everyone is acting like I'm on an anti-trans crusade or something. All I've said is that even is some male claims to be a she, he'll still have his xy chromosomes and everyone is behaving as if I said trans people should be put in concentration camps. People tell me to get hosed, to go die, but I'm the bad one. Whatever, I don't think what we're posting here has any impact on the lifes of trans people anyway.
Thank you for the link, that was an interesting read, but it doesn't contradict my point of view. And I'm open to reconsider my stance but I think you didn't really understand what this stance is, thus the tribal crusade that would make citizens proud.

This is false. You actually don't know what you're talking about here, but I do hope you find your inner silence and follow it. :)

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Beexoffel posted:

Put your mind at ease, friend. The number 42 has nothing to do with Hitchhiker's Guide, it was actually Sandi's favorite number!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dogeh posted:

Also, get help.

So I guess Sandi is just using the Boo Huxley account, then?

I'm pretty sure Sandi is dedicating 0 time outside of being on camera these days for Star Citizen. Boo is likely an Oasis employee or multiple employees. If it's a genuine person, I'd be impressed because they should definitely be getting paid for how much they AstroTurf and think-adjust on social media all over the place.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Beexoffel posted:

It really does frustrate me.

I think poo poo like that should really be illegal, but I don't know how you'd enforce it. But poo poo like Elon Musk naming a company "Tesla"... that's pretty lovely.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tsar Mikey posted:

Put your mind at ease, friend. The number 42 has nothing to do with Hitchhiker's Guide, it was actually Sandi's favorite number!

How I didn't turn on them the instant they said that poo poo is still a mystery to me. Hell, how I didn't turn on them the second they called it "Squadron 42" is an even bigger mystery. Might as well have named it "Le Epic Bacon Brigade"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

Christ, this poo poo-tire fire from hell has ruined lots of things like that.