Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
The TI preview paints Ana's departure from OG as amicable but I'm pretty sure it was the exact opposite???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The TI preview paints Ana's departure from OG as amicable but I'm pretty sure it was the exact opposite???

I think his departure from OG was amicable, the not amicable stuff was between him and his former agent

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I think his departure from OG was amicable, the not amicable stuff was between him and his former agent

Yeah I don't remember him having any issues with his team mates

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Yeah Ana understood he was poo poo and needed to go.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Remember that Void won the original Arcana Vote back when he got remodeled. I also hope he wins because Rubick is basically the mascot of the whiny crybaby supports who still ward the river rune and stack the jungle and then post on Reddit when they lose.

Yeah, I also dislike supports that ward and stack :confused:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Top jungler EU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/1029445036637732865?s=19

Something about those Weibo rankings :thunk:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

lmao

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

China remembers its an even numbered TI.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Canuck posted:

China remembers its an even numbered TI.

I think this is "favorite teams" not "who you think will win"

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Same thing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Pain above Secret, yes, yes, good

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The loving South Americans, man, they could do anything.

Probably something completely unreliable, but the dream is cool.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

goatface posted:

The loving South Americans, man, they could do anything.

Probably something completely unreliable, but the dream is cool.

They will either do really great

or flame the gently caress out

Like they can beat teams such as Liquid on a good day (ESL Birmingham) but then lose to Lets Do It at the Summit. You just never know which Pain will show up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Exactly, they could have a game off anybody. Just not normally two out of three.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The Pain hype at Birmingham was loving rad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
there's a site for setting your fantasy lineups now. http://www.dota2.com/fantasy

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

emdash posted:

there's a site for setting your fantasy lineups now. http://www.dota2.com/fantasy

God bless you. Someone remind me day one matchups again

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Knowlue posted:

God bless you. Someone remind me day one matchups again

bookmark this page: https://liquipedia.net/dota2/The_International/2018/Group_Stage

halfway down it has all the matchups

Liquid, EG, Mineski, LGD, VGJT, and IG play three times tomorrow

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I'm glad it only took a couple of loving years to implement Fantasy picking through a website.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

The REAL Goobusters posted:

btw who is going to TI from here? I wouldn't mind a meetup! Also I have an extra midweek + finals ticket as well

i am going to the thing can i buy the finals ticket off you

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

i am going to the thing can i buy the finals ticket off you

for sure, do you have pms?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is https://www.dota2.com giving a 504 error?

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Aight items are bet. Liquid, Lgd and Ig for tomorrow!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
This is the year, the year that Thrice to take it home!

Let's do ice^3

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Where's the secret shop catalogue

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Where's the secret shop catalogue

Valve fired the old distributor because they were poo poo and reddit made a bunch of threads about it.

In typical valve fashion they haven't really done anything as a followup.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Remember that Void won the original Arcana Vote back when he got remodeled. I also hope he wins because Rubick is basically the mascot of the whiny crybaby supports who still ward the river rune and stack the jungle and then post on Reddit when they lose.

Void won the remodel vote, in which Valve straightout said they had no idea what to do with it and most of the people in the community also agreed that a remodel was unnecessary, so we got the current Void, I think PA might have been the arcana winner that year. I think that might also have been the year that Spectre won the voice rework. I still don't understand how people managed to vote for the least appropriate heroes in that.

Original_Z fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 15, 2018

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

As usual, the pubs right now are really funny, games with like, Ame, fy, Misery, Madara, etc.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Original_Z posted:

Void won the remodel vote, in which Valve straightout said they had no idea what to do with it and most of the people in the community also agreed that a remodel was necessary, so we got the current Void, I think PA might have been the arcana winner that year. I think that might also have been the year that Spectre won the voice rework. I still don't understand how people managed to vote for the least appropriate heroes in that.

I think Valve learned their lesson at least. Future reworks for Viper, Slardar, and Jakiro were seemingly out of nowhere and well received without the need for community interaction. If they held a vote now it would be loving Windrunner vs Mirana to see who Valve would make sexier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So when I'm making pro predictions...the group stage is Bo2s right? Does this mean that if it's a 1-1 split everyone loses?

That's dumb if so.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Zurreco posted:

Yeah, I also dislike supports that ward and stack :confused:

Stacking bad. Hit enemy laner good.

But seriously though, having so many bad supports completely ruin the safe lane is what made me switch over to support. I got sick of having someone like Rubick or WD sit behind me in the stupid tree crevice (you know the one) and never zone the enemy, then say something like "just get last hits, I'll focus on denies." I don't need help getting denies, I need help stopping this guy from blasting me with skills and using up all my regen.

Once I switched to playing Tree/CM I started harvesting MMR because you post up on the offlaners and they never get close to your carry or else they die and your lane partner gets freefarm and even pub players have trouble throwing when you give them a massive gold lead. Basically I just do all the things I wish my supports did in my safelane games.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

IcePhoenix posted:

So when I'm making pro predictions...the group stage is Bo2s right? Does this mean that if it's a 1-1 split everyone loses?

That's dumb if so.

i believe it's 40 points per correct 2-0 prediction, while you get 20 for a 1-1

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

if you missed out on tickets you can buy them on ticketmaster still as of this post both midweek & grand finals
https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/the-in...100546ED6C18669

surprising given how hard it was to get through earlier in the year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

It's not unusual for them to reserve extra seats and then release them once stage set ups are finalized. You can get in to a lot of big shows this way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

i believe it's 40 points per correct 2-0 prediction, while you get 20 for a 1-1

how does this affect my quantity correct achievement though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

IcePhoenix posted:

how does this affect my quantity correct achievement though

i think you only get it if you pick a 2-0 correctly. i can't find a solid confirmation right now tho

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

what time do games start tomorrow

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Taffer posted:

what time do games start tomorrow

11:30am eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

handsome only face posted:

if you missed out on tickets you can buy them on ticketmaster still as of this post both midweek & grand finals
https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/the-in...100546ED6C18669

surprising given how hard it was to get through earlier in the year
IIRC they did this last year too, opened ticket sales a week before to catch stragglers.