Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Schlieren posted:

Really can't stand the whole "bass cab gets metal grille" aesthetic

Once you have a driver destroyed by some asshat shoving the leg of a stand through it to "make everything fit nicer", you will learn to appreciate a good grill.

I'm tempted to re-do the grill on the left cab to put metal behind the cloth, but those drivers are horn-loaded and recessed so they are already somewhat protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I've gone no grill of any sort for the last year, and somehow everything has been alright, its a super pain in the rear end to redo it, so I'm going to rock it until someone destroys a speaker.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
And a month later and another pawn shop find I don't really need, but couldn't leave there for the price.

~10 year old PRS Custom 22 SE, $200.

Dirty as hell and will need a fret dressing soon, but for the amount of playing I do that can wait since I don't get any buzzing or anything the way it sits.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like that top.

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

I bought this pedal for 40 bucks and I have no idea what it is

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Iucounu posted:

well at least the gain knob is in the right place already

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Iucounu posted:

http://tonefiend.com/guitar/museum-of-lost-effectsthe-rare-mysterious-systech-harmonic-energizer/

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Joe Gore posted:

I used this one on Tom Waits’s “All Stripped Down,”

is definitely a way to get my attention.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
It's only money, right?

1997 Fender Mexican Standard Jazz Bass, a bit beat and in need of new strings and a setup, but it was only $140.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

widefault posted:

It's only money, right?

1997 Fender Mexican Standard Jazz Bass, a bit beat and in need of new strings and a setup, but it was only $140.
poo poo yeah! Ensenada Fender basses/guitars are my jam! ¡Chingon, bato!

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

widefault posted:

It's only money, right?

Love the color on this. J-basses loving rule.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Wugga posted:

Love the color on this. J-basses loving rule.

i love the sound of jazzbasses to death, i can't get enough, they hit the listening pleasure centers of my brain.

i loving hate precision basses and they piss me off

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

landgrabber posted:

i love the sound of jazzbasses to death, i can't get enough, they hit the listening pleasure centers of my brain.

I got myself a CIJ Fender Jaguar to get the best of both worlds.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Wugga posted:

I got myself a CIJ Fender Jaguar to get the best of both worlds.

CIJ Geddy Lee over here :mmmhmm:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

landgrabber posted:

My only 4 is a Jazz Bass and while I like it, I really wish I had a P for that tone thickness + a non pencil think narrow neck.

Seriously I love my jazz but the necks were a mistake.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Going to try this one out with a 4x8" cab for lower volume home use.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
lovely old guitar day!

Harmony H90 from the late 70s, early 80s. Made of the finest plywood

As of right now, almost unplayable. Action is about 3/16" at the 15th fret, neck is in the pocket crooked, output jack barely holds a plug. Will have to shim the neck to get the action down, as well as a shim to straighten the neck in the pocket.

BUT the neck itself is straight, truss rod seems to work, and it fills another spot in my Harmony collection. Will give it a once over this weekend and hopefully have something playable.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Slab LP! Put a Bigsby on it.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

I'm pretty sure I already made this post but it disappeared overnight. Anyways, I A/B'd them last night and they seem to be pretty much the same thing as I suspected.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
i would choose the left simply because i would wince, and feel bad, every time i saw 'rip guts pain scream' on my pedalboard

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

could be worse, could be the one that had a butt knob

though it could also be better and be the arby's pedal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s cool that Doomguy is designing pedals now apparently

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

hexwren posted:

could be worse, could be the one that had a butt knob

though it could also be better and be the arby's pedal

You shut your drat mouth, the FX69 Grunge was awesome. I love late made-in-USA DOD stuff, it's all so goofy.

And yes, I have a Buzz Box.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s cool that Doomguy is designing pedals now apparently

Now I have to design a pedal that has controls labeled "Rip and tear" and "Huge guts".

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Frank Caskelot posted:

Now I have to design a pedal that has controls labeled "Rip and tear" and "Huge guts".

Needs a toggle between "Hurt me plenty" and "Ultra-Violence"

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Crosspost because I love this thing so much.

Hi - It's the payday tomorrow. Do yourself a favor and order this boutique pedal.
Bigsound Smallsound MIni

I ordered it randomly last month based off a random Reddit comment.

It's probably my favorite pedal and I've ordered like 10 pedals this year.......it's awesome. What a GREAT JFET sound.

(I bought the pink, and it's epic)

http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/mini/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0l9wcYqC4

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is pretty brilliant: a power brick with a rechargeable battery inside that charges via USB. Apparently he's going to put up a kickstarter for it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQduZ0W6ks

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

This is pretty brilliant: a power brick with a rechargeable battery inside that charges via USB. Apparently he's going to put up a kickstarter for it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYQduZ0W6ks
gently caress me that's a 1-day buy for me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'll let you guys know when the kickstarter is up, then.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Squier vintage modified jazzmaster, love it.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Goddamn, that red is beautiful.

I was nearly going to get mine in that colour, but went for the sonic blue at the last second. (Turned out to be more of a sonic green)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my first major new instrument purchase in many years. "the Cozy" electric mandola by Eastwood

so far it feels and sounds amazing. unfortunately they sent it with the wrong finish (I ordered black, received sunburst) and I'm trying to figure out what to do about that as i really want to use it in an overseas gig next week, and their logistics department seems like a mess (they only shipped this one after I sent an email asking where it was). anyway maybe the sunburst is growing on me

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
The original no-name neck sat really high and required the bridge saddles to be maxed out so I just had a Fender Jazz Bass neck installed on my Mighty Mite P Bass build.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmfCV92HqjW/

Swamp ash body with a DiMarzio Model P pickup and D'Addario chrome flatwound strings.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Earwicker posted:

my first major new instrument purchase in many years. "the Cozy" electric mandola by Eastwood

so far it feels and sounds amazing. unfortunately they sent it with the wrong finish (I ordered black, received sunburst) and I'm trying to figure out what to do about that as i really want to use it in an overseas gig next week, and their logistics department seems like a mess (they only shipped this one after I sent an email asking where it was). anyway maybe the sunburst is growing on me

Beautiful! I have one of their Warren Ellis tenor guitars (2 pickup version in black) and I really love it.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
My parents sent me a Korg Monologue as an early birthday present. Look at this beautiful golden boy:

I'm pretty surprised at how much better even a cheap simple hardware synth like this one sounds than the softsynths I had been using before.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Anime Reference posted:

My parents sent me a Korg Monologue as an early birthday present. Look at this beautiful golden boy:

I'm pretty surprised at how much better even a cheap simple hardware synth like this one sounds than the softsynths I had been using before.

That is a pretty drat sweet birthday gift.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Found at the thrift store Teisco Del Rey

It's in surprisingly decent shape for how dirty it is. The neck is straight and action is low.
I haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet, but I'm just going to clean it up and keep it as-is too many of these get parted out because guys just want the pickup or the headstock badge.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That is mighty fine! Just clean it up a wee bit. Guitars have feelings too. :)

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
That's a sweet find. Seems like a fun project to restore and clean it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Now to wait a week til i can crank it at practice. Emulated out doesn't sound too shabby at though.