Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Deku's dad has actually always been around but he is invisible.

Hagakure is secretly Deku's sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
that special all might chapter is really good. i have a friend that just caught up with the anime and its amazing how universally well liked all might is as a character.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Andrast posted:

Deku's dad has actually always been around but he is invisible.

Hagakure is secretly Deku's sister

That would be a very confusing birth, assuming it was in effect at the time.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Rhonne posted:

If they do go the "Deku's dad is a villain" route, I want him to be some low level petty criminal or something and not some super powered mega villain like I see some people theorizing. Like, his "overseas job" is just him selling illegal merchandise to various criminals all over the world. I want him to be like, evil middle management for a bigger organization.

I also hope he's awkward as gently caress and doesn't know how to interact with his son. "Sooo do you like...heroes?"

He's actually one of the world's most notorious copyright infringers, creator of thousands of contraband All Might merch items.

None of the stuff Deku has in his room is legit, and we'll get the reveal when Crawler and Deku meet, and Crawler sees all the poo poo in Deku's room and is like "whuuuuh? This is a limited edition poster that they only ever made 5 of!"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EimiYoshikawa posted:

No therapy in Japan.

U.A. has a therapist/lifestyle coach but he can't see anyone until he gets his rabies shots

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Deku has all might over for dinner, turns out dad was planning a surprise return!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

EimiYoshikawa posted:

No therapy in Japan.

PMush Perfect posted:

Doesn't mean she doesn't need one.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dekudad is a dragon, hence being able to breathe fire, and traveling overseas is easy when you have wings. Case closed. :smuggo:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Farg posted:

Deku has all might over for dinner, turns out dad was planning a surprise return!

Hisashi: Well Izuku, I made it. Despite your directions.
Izuku: This is your house.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope Deku's dad is just some guy who doesn't like Japan's hero culture, but at least understands his son's fascination with it, and maybe appreciates his earnestness and heroic tendencies. And since he knows he likes heroes, he comes back with stuff from foreign heroes for Deku.

Or, alternately, is a guy who scouts heroes for international associations or something, and that's why Deku is so serious about keeping diligent notes about all heroes.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

He appears for one panel stepping off a train saying "hi Izuk-" and its immediately exploded by a villain.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Not sure if this was already posted in the thread but there's a really good fanart story about Kacchan losing his memory for 2 weeks and becoming a nice guy.

https://www.deviantart.com/charlottesketches/art/Nice-Ka-Chan-AU-page-1-699212429

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rouncer posted:

Not sure if this was already posted in the thread but there's a really good fanart story about Kacchan losing his memory for 2 weeks and becoming a nice guy.

https://www.deviantart.com/charlottesketches/art/Nice-Ka-Chan-AU-page-1-699212429

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rouncer posted:

it's both hilarious and unbearably tedious how hung up everyone is on the "jump off a building" line

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
God, DA's formatting is terrible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxxidation posted:

it's both hilarious and unbearably tedious how hung up everyone is on the "jump off a building" line

All of these people need to read Steel Ball Run wherein the hero tells someone to fall off their horse and die.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

You guys sure post a lot without there being a new chapter.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

People do, as well as say that Horikoshi made a mistake making him that awful at the start. Sadly imo that line is pretty realistic and low-key for a 14 year old bully to say.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I don't think that's an unreasonable thing for people to be "hung up on", personally.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i think it would be reasonable if people calmed the gently caress down in general on screaming about a fictional character who cannot be made to answer for how lovely they acted especially in a situation where the author has said 'i made them too lovely and wish i hadn't'

this is exhausting

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I get where you're coming from, but there's ways to walk that poo poo back without straight-up ignoring it ever happened. Like, as is it's just kind of awkwardly papered over.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

and what is yelling about it for another ten god drat thread pages in a language the author can't read going to do about it

this is critically exhausting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah! We need to get back to Enji's redemption arc and how much I hate it!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Bakugo drummed his way to redemption already. Sorry, that's just how it works.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't intend to be a poo poo by calling you out specifically patware, but I think you're starting to worry as much about people over-complaining about the writing as those people worry about the writing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why discuss anything at all, since the author won't see it and change the story in response?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Or we can all just, like, not?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's possible to discuss things for the sole purpose of doing so. There's no necessary resolution or end that needs to come from that. Who needs it to be fixed? Some people just want to say "hey this bothered me."

In addition, from what I've seen lurking in this thread it's not as common a topic as you're making out, even with my own incursions into the subject included.

Maybe you should examine why you find really simple, rote criticism of a comic for children so exhausting.

e: like, I'm guilty of this on the other end, to be fair. Part of why I never liked talking about this series for a long time was something that I eventually realized stemmed from people just ignoring any flaw I perceived in it. And that was petty of me.

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 14, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

imo the slurp redeemed the redemption

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Xarbala posted:

I don't intend to be a poo poo by calling you out specifically patware, but I think you're starting to worry as much about people over-complaining about the writing as those people worry about the writing.

my issue is less discussing the writing (i'm a writer, it would be absurd for me to argue against discussing writing) and more the never-ending grind of this specific point

until some kind of major bakugou event happens again it's just chewing the same piece of fat back and forth eternally. obviously it's not the only point of discussion but every time it comes up it's the exact same discussion

the endeavor stuff was at least a developing discussion with chapters coming out and introducing new components to talk about even if i strongly disagreed with people who kept pointing at assclass and doomsaying

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

It's for kids.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i actually made that post in reference to the fancomic linked above but i understand if few people felt compelled to navigate a deviantart link

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Injuryprone posted:

It's for kids.

How does MHA being supposedly for kids impact the discussion in any way? Does it make Endeavor any less of a scumbag? Does it make Mineta less annoying? Does it make Midnight any less of an R-rated hero?

Saying "it's for kids" as way to brush off discussion and criticism always frustrates the hell out of me.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

How does MHA being supposedly for kids impact the discussion in any way? Does it make Endeavor any less of a scumbag? Does it make Mineta less annoying? Does it make Midnight any less of an R-rated hero?

Saying "it's for kids" as way to brush off discussion and criticism always frustrates the hell out of me.

Yeah! There's still plenty of questions if it's for kids. For example:

What if you tire before it's done? Does it have rules? Can more than one play? What makes you think it's a game? Is it a game? Will it break? (It better break eventually.) Is there an object? What if you tire before it's done? Does it come with batteries? (Horikoshi could charge extra for them.)
Is it safe for toddlers? How can you tell when you're finished? How do you make it stop? Is that a boy's model? Can a parent assemble it? Is there a larger model for the obese? What if you tire before it's done? What the hell is it?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Spoiler: I have not read all these discussion words.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah! There's still plenty of questions if it's for kids. For example:

What if you tire before it's done? Does it have rules? Can more than one play? What makes you think it's a game? Is it a game? Will it break? (It better break eventually.) Is there an object? What if you tire before it's done? Does it come with batteries? (Horikoshi could charge extra for them.)
Is it safe for toddlers? How can you tell when you're finished? How do you make it stop? Is that a boy's model? Can a parent assemble it? Is there a larger model for the obese? What if you tire before it's done? What the hell is it?

That is not a reference I thought I'd read in the BNHA thread.

But I like it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mineta is garbage -> Endeavor redemption -> Bakugo's character development ->

What's next in the thread cycle?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

gmq posted:

Going by the other thread, Tsuyu's a cop -> Yaoyorozu's a filthy capitalist -> The world of MHA is inherently fascist

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gmq posted:

tsuyu is a cop

edit, beaten :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gmq posted: