Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Everyone was throwing around these stupid loving ideas about how Blue Mage would learn skills, but thankfully now we know that you buy them for 14 Kupo Coins or 3 skills for 40 Kupo Coins or BEST VALUE 20 skills for 250 Kupo Coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm gonna p2w so hard.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

We all knew this was coming, they published it ages ago.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm behind the times. What will the purpose of these coins be? Exclusive to the app?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

SettingSun posted:

I'm behind the times. What will the purpose of these coins be? Exclusive to the app?

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/companion/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Imagine knowing that someone not only undercut you on the marketboard by way too much, but that they also paid real money to do so.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Intriguing. Not really a service I'm interested in but I can both see its place and why there would be concerns about it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

MechaX posted:

Okay so I think I’m going to resub but I have not touched Heaven on High, the MH Quests, or Eureka (I played probably ten minutes of the very first Eureka, saw a reimagining of the Normandy Beach landing but with a lot of giant crabs).

What has been the consensus on the new stuff and, uh... what kind of grind am I looking at if I didn’t even do the first Eureka grind

HoH is a heavily streamlined version of PotD; there's slightly less relative exp payoff but a pretty solid i365 weapon reward that's somewhat easy to get. Some of the worst-case scenarios from the start can be a lot deadlier than PotD 1-50 but it's otherwise pretty easy.

The MH content consists of a normal 8-man trial and an extreme 4-man trial. If you want to get all the rewards it will involve grinding a lot, but you can take it as slow as you want as the content is permanent and it'll just be harder to queue for later on if you aren't bringing friends.

Eureka isn't worth touching at all at this point so don't worry about it. Pagos is especially egregious.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Rath EX is bad and dumb :colbert:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Rath EX is bad and dumb :colbert:

It's super good and smart

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Is there some best in slot gear that Pagos gives or something? Why do you all do this thing that you hate so much?

Glamour

The dragoon lance is real loving good at least

Bolow fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 14, 2018

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

oh no blimp issue posted:

It's super good and smart

:yeah:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm honestly amazed that Onokoro is so dead. I thought it'd be the new Quarrymill.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe it's just that HoH is bad for leveling when at that point you can get like a level a day just through roulettes? Though PotD was largely the same.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Also because you have to group up after 30 you can't just spam queue to efficiently get your aetherial weapons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In other news, I got MCH to 42 and I'm already feeling like there's too much to keep track of. I'm going whole fights forgetting to use Hot Shot or my autoturret like a dingus. I've got the hang of my ammo rotation but keeping Rapid Fire and Reassemble lined up is haaaaaard even if they have the same cooldown as Wildfire.

And when I say "too much to keep track of," keep in mind that I'm a BRD main.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Arist posted:

In other news, I got MCH to 42 and I'm already feeling like there's too much to keep track of. I'm going whole fights forgetting to use Hot Shot or my autoturret like a dingus. I've got the hang of my ammo rotation but keeping Rapid Fire and Reassemble lined up is haaaaaard even if they have the same cooldown as Wildfire.

And when I say "too much to keep track of," keep in mind that I'm a BRD main.

Get used to always using your cooldowns in the same order during Wildfire and they will always be lined up. If the boss jumps or you die mid Wildfire and didn't use all your 60 second cooldowns, just hold them until your next Wildfire. It's usually better to lose a use than to have them misaligned.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Machinist; the Pagos of ffxiv classes.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLXhFdXX0Y

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Also since each area of Eureka is basically gated by the previous it has the amazing double-whammy of loving over people in the newest incarnation because a dwindling number of people will ever be able to get there, while also loving over people who want to start now because l-o-loving-l no one's gonna want to go back to the old zones.

It's even worse then that since anyone that completed it and did want to go back to help can't since the archaic grouping system means the high levels would just gently caress over the low levels.

I love this.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheAwkGiraffe/status/1029089161758695424

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Caved in and bought an apartment. I was so destitute I set a plate of curry on the floor...

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
4 tank rath ex just completely clowns on that fight. Just eat the buuuuuuurn

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Unironically, the only thing I was looking forward to about Pagos aside from minions and cards.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
For any and all raid school nerds, I'm going to try to get some runs of O5S and/or O6S in tonight, starting around 8:00 central time. If you want to beat up a train or a Chad, pop in and say hi!

Schneider Heim posted:

Caved in and bought an apartment. I was so destitute I set a plate of curry on the floor...

Housing/apartment-having is a good way to make yourself destitute! You can go here if you want to preview other furniture items later. Also, a lot of the more basic furniture items are fairly cheap from the vendor in the apartment lobby, so take a look at what they have for sale!

Also, my alt's mooncat adventures continue!

oh my god that /eureka pose is amazing :3:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Speaking of housing there have been a bunch of reports on reddit recently of people's housing getting automatically demolished ahead of schedule and in a few cases without warning recently.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

Speaking of housing there have been a bunch of reports on reddit recently of people's housing getting automatically demolished ahead of schedule and in a few cases without warning recently.

One guy claimed a GM only gave him 80% of the value of his house in gil. Sounds like if this happens to you then you're out of luck.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

A friend of mine just said they'd rather do another Zeta or Anima relic than go back to Pagos, and I find myself agreeing with them.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I still need 8 elementals for my challenge log for this week... :negative: I'm 25 in Pagos and tried killing a level 26 one, and of course it buried me alive. I'll try one of equal level while abusing Eureka Potions, but my prospects aren't high.

Also, a happy bunny gave me 1000 gil and a quicktongue V materia for heading into extremely dangerous territory and nearly dying. Not worth it. I should note that it took me and another person 15 minutes to duo the bunny FATE. :smithicide:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like how there's nothing of value in the app worth paying for. A retainer costs $2 a month on the mog station, so they're basically saying that having more bird bagspace and the ability to manage retainer inventories offline is worth $3 more than that. Paying real money every time you want to make or change a single MB listing is even worse. It feels like there was a mandate from Squenix to push a tie-in app with microtransactions and they just rushed out something only the world's biggest idiots would pay money for.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm honestly amazed that Onokoro is so dead. I thought it'd be the new Quarrymill.

If they give it a Kinna equivalent, people will be back. Everyone who had at least 100 tomestones in the currency tab by Monday night reset could be able to buy an i370 by the end of next week with a little effort so there's not much demand for the current HoH weapon. Also, the 60-70 grind isn't very hard on alt jobs.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 15, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

FFXIV companion app is currently 2.4/5 on Google Play and sinking. Lot of 1-star reviews saying that the app crashes on launch. Nice.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

For any and all raid school nerds, I'm going to try to get some runs of O5S and/or O6S in tonight, starting around 8:00 central time. If you want to beat up a train or a Chad, pop in and say hi!

I probably won't be on until like 9 central, but if you're still doing any O5S and there's room, I'd love to join. This is on Primal, right? I've cleared before but I just resubbed after a while off, so I'm a tad bit rusty.

I assume raid school will stick to 5+6, and you won't ever be teaching O7S? :v:

Phone posted:

if stuff like this interests you, i highly suggest you check out some defcon/hope/c3 talks about computer security vulnerabilities. it might go over your head, but i've found it both really entertaining and interesting over the last few years.

This is a bit belated, but thanks for the recommendation, I will check those out!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
For some reason I thought you'd be able to chat with your FC and your linkshells with the app. But you can only have 1on1 conversations with other people who have the app. This makes it absolutely useless to me

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Finally! An app for my phone that lets me text people!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dwesa posted:

FFXIV companion app is currently 2.4/5 on Google Play and sinking. Lot of 1-star reviews saying that the app crashes on launch. Nice.

Yep. I hit the app and it just instantly crashes back to the home screen. On android Pixel 2 XL. Piece of poo poo app.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Even for a company as Bad At The Internet as Square-Enix, this app is a low point. They've been tossing the idea of a companion app for years and what they come up with is crash happy, chat functionality is stunted to the point of uselessness, and retainer management costs roughly 20 cents *per price adjustment* on top of the existing sub cost + monthly retainer costs? :cmon:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hey if nerds wanna pay up 20 cents to counter me undercutting them by 1 gil for free then more power to them. Time to invest in Squeenix stock.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Make pagos fates spawn faster by way of in-app purchses

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

My Pagos Experience, last week posted:

"Anyone want to do the Challenge Log?"
*radio silence*
"Please, I could really use Sprites."
*radio silence*
"Okay, I guess I'll come back later."

My Pagos Experience, this week posted:

"Anyone want to do the Challenge Log?"
"Look, an NM spawned."
"Could I get a party?"
"And now it's dead because only the Level 30+ people with Aetheryte access killed it fast."

Fantastic content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Make pagos fates spawn faster by way of in-app purchses

Don't even loving say that or Komoto might hear you.