Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
child marriage is legal in most of the US because its a cursed country :d2a:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jose posted:

i googled "stardew valley murder mod" and this was one of the top results

I see Aatrek is interested in anything with "Star" in the title then

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I thought Fabio's art shack might have some neat stuff in it since he seemed fairly well off and treats everything like a vacation, like maybe he comes from money and maybe he has a nice cabin with art and stuff.

He doesn't.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I think Elliott is slumming it. He could go back and live in Mummy and Daddy's McMansion any time he wants, but he doesn't want to because he is a ~*~Bohemian~*~

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
His book will fail and he'll go back to being a vice president at his dad's consulting firm.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
lol

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Half the people who come to his book reading just loving leave XD

Then again he did read the entire thing, which is weird for a book reading

I don't think Elliott knows very much about the publishing industry :thunk:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I hate Elliot for reasons I can't articulate so I just ignore him usually.

Also I always wondered why Jodi wasn't listed as single despite it being just her and her kids then one day an Army dude showed up at our farm to say hi. He had a PTSD episode when she made popcorn once. :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to be able to marry literally everyone except the children.

Let me marry the magic spirits, game.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I want to be able to marry literally everyone except the children.

Let me marry the magic spirits, game.

It won't let me tempt Robin away from Demetrius so here I am trying to woo another village redhead

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

romanowski posted:

I just unlocked the ability to make kegs so what's the most efficient way to makes tons o' money, wine seems to take too long for not much payout but maybe I'm making the wrong kind of wine?

For per item, and over time, I think one of the best values are hops for pale ale, but that's more about volume than per unit pricing, as hops needs a keg for a lot less time than a fruit needs one for wine. Once you get the cellar and can age stuff, then maybe your wine gets additional value. But as a plant-once, harvest all season item, and one that cashes in after kegging as artisan, you can make bank.

Plus, Pam will be your best friend forever. But the daughter isn't appreciative of a fine IPA :shrug:

Skypie posted:

Well I got to two hearts with Leah so now I can go into her house at least. In theory this should make it easier because she's a real pain in the rear end to track down sometimes

Skypie posted:

It won't let me tempt Robin away from Demetrius so here I am trying to woo another village redhead

Leah is the runner-up version of Robin.

Seriously, do a side-by-side of the two, be amazed that they're not related.

Unless she's inverse Abigail and was thrown into the forest after Robin's tryst with someone else

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Skypie posted:

I hate Elliot for reasons I can't articulate so I just ignore him usually.

It's the chin. I can't handle it either but Elliot seems to accept random fish that I pick up near him in good spirits so I'm slowly coming around to a gentle peace with him.

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

I married Emily. Saw her meditating in her crystal garden and aw gently caress, my kids are never getting vaccinated are they :smith:?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
See you all thought I was an idiot for marrying the blond bimbo but she is MY blond bimbo and she likes photography, flowers, and will probably want to turn my farmhouse into a pinterest bed & breakfast hellscape for more instagram followers.

Haley best farmwife.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

pogi posted:

I married Emily. Saw her meditating in her crystal garden and aw gently caress, my kids are never getting vaccinated are they :smith:?

Clint is also gonna murder suicide you and your family like the nice guy he is.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
*playing never have I ever with clint*

"I never hosed the dwarf on the rebound"

*clint eyes his drink nervously*

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

reignofevil posted:

*playing never have I ever with clint*

"I never hosed the dwarf on the rebound"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need to finish the drat fish bundle, but I gotta finish the vault bundle first or get real lucky with the traveling cart in terms of sandfish.

Still dont think the greenhouse is happening in year 1. drat green beans.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

I need to finish the drat fish bundle, but I gotta finish the vault bundle first or get real lucky with the traveling cart in terms of sandfish.

I did actually get a sandfish off the cart but if you're on a reasonable 2 year pace it's p easy to fish it.

In terms of cart priority I'd prolly focus mostly on random fruit from trees you don't wanna plant before getting a greenhouse and rare animal products like duck feathers/rabbit feet. Like even if you have said animals it's entirely possible to go a year without getting the drop, I'm learning the hard way.

Also that stupid purple sea urchin over the bridge you have to buy for 300 wood, I saw like 1-2 of it every week after I bought the bridge and just sorta sold it cause I needed the cash but the second I decided I was gonna use the next one for a bundle I haven't seen one in summer or fall despite the wiki saying they show up all 4 seasons. If I legit don't see one in 3 full seasons before year 2 ends I'ma be mad.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 16, 2018

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

I hosed up and forgot to save a melon for the bundle. Now I get to wait a year to finish it if I cant score one from the cart.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I think the fish bundle is my least favorite one cuz if you can't snag a sandfish from the cart, you basically gotta spend like 50,000 on the vault to open the bus line again

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
Just sold my first batch of aged ancient fruit wine, life is good :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:eyepop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've still not seen any ancient fruit for sale

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

You can get ancient seeds from putting strawberries in the seed reclaiming (?) machine.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I guess it's actually anything in the seed machine has a .5% chance of making ancient seeds. So just run a few hundred parsnips or whatever through it.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

lost my retainer posted:

Just sold my first batch of aged ancient fruit wine, life is good :getin:

:catstare: Wow I guess this the payoff we have to look forward to when our cellar full of wine finishes aging

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is the cellar a multiplayer thing?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

This thread got me to start a new game. I think I'm gonna get everyone to fall in love with me and then take the hot blonde as my wife.

Sorry Abigail!

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

Skypie posted:

:catstare: Wow I guess this the payoff we have to look forward to when our cellar full of wine finishes aging

If you're on PC I recommend : https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063
With that I can fit 188 aging casks in the cellar and they autofill / empty. Such a good mod.

116 kegs in my greenhouse :

My cellar :

Jose posted:

It's the last house upgrade

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Jose posted:

You get it for the final house upgrade, which is just a straight 100,000G. It's in single player, too, and only the "main" house in multiplayer can upgrade that far. The farmhand houses can only get the upgrades for the kitchen and the upstairs level

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Oh i've got the money for that and all thbe other upgrades. not sure i'll get it though

does automate require stuff to be touching in order for it to work?

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

Jose posted:

does automate require stuff to be touching in order for it to work?

Yeah, the chest where you dump the materials and the machine(s) have to be touching on at least one side.

Edit : clarified

lost my retainer fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 16, 2018

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

duck trucker posted:

This thread got me to start a new game. I think I'm gonna get everyone to fall in love with me and then take the hot blonde as my wife.

Sorry Abigail!

sams ok but sebastian brings his bong :okpos:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Slugnoid posted:

sams ok but sebastian brings his bong :okpos:

Can a marry Sebastian then divorce him but keep the bong?

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
Another cool thing with the mod is to fully automate your crab pots and trash recycling. I just have to check the chest once in a while.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm not far into the game but I think I'm going to marry Haley because she's distant and lovely like almost every woman I've ever dated. I hate her, but I must love her.

Semi-related, tried Graveyard Keeper last night. It was okay, not particularly thrilling.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a mysterious cloak posted:

Semi-related, tried Graveyard Keeper last night. It was okay, not particularly thrilling.

just like real grave keeping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lost my retainer posted:

Yeah, the chest where you dump the materials and the machine(s) have to be touching on at least one side.

Edit : clarified

how does filling kegs and the like work with automate

• Locked thread