Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Error 404 posted:

Dubious cameron throne and witchmother's potent brew are very popular buff foods. The recipes come from holiday events and can be hard (expensive) to get.

Finished drinks sell for a bit, stacks of the mats needed to make them sell pretty decently, like beetle scuttle, small game, bervez juice, etc.

cool i got the witchmothers brew and double bloody mara recipes for about 8-10k each. cameron throne is pretty drat expensive though ive seen it go for 60-100k. cameron throne seems great for leveling but once my stam guy was max level i end up getting a bigger buff from breton bubble and sqeak.

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yeah, the trick with the dubious throne is that it also gives stamina recovery. With Max stamina and stamina recovery on the same food, that makes it kind of special. Plus, as a drink, it works with a certain piratical set.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think I just realized that ESO has the equipment system that I wish GW2 did.

ESO's sets remind me of GW2's runes, though they're significantly more impactful. Which is really cool. GW2 would be more interesting (in my opinion, at least) if it dropped the current boring stat system and leaned into the rune set thing to let players get more cool effects that add on to your skills.

And that's basically ESO's sets! And the fact that sets include weapons and jewelry, too, allows for some fun mixing and matching to get multiple full sets.

Basically I like this game's style, is what I'm saying.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Firedrake helmet looks so good if you have a personality that droops your head.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Coldforge posted:

Firedrake helmet looks so good if you have a personality that droops your head.

Looks like a medieval Kamen Rider.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This was from ages ago but I'm looking through the thread for fashion inspiration and I absolutely have to know which styles these pieces come from because holy crap this owns

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Harrow posted:

This was from ages ago but I'm looking through the thread for fashion inspiration and I absolutely have to know which styles these pieces come from because holy crap this owns

Chest and shoulders are heavy ebonshadow, the legs are light celestial. Gloves, boots, helmet are clockwork apostle & the staff is sapiarch, as is the belt. I’m glad you like it!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah that whole look is extremely my style. This game has very high fashion potential

Also, I just googled and is it true that the outfit system lets you show a piece as a different weight class than it actually is? Because if so that's the best cosmetic armor system around and extremely good.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
This is the one time where you don't bash the fash.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Harrow posted:

Yeah that whole look is extremely my style. This game has very high fashion potential

Also, I just googled and is it true that the outfit system lets you show a piece as a different weight class than it actually is? Because if so that's the best cosmetic armor system around and extremely good.

Yes, also different weapons of the same class (1h dagger can be made to look like a 1h axe, 2h maul can be made to look like a 2h sword, etc).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:pusheen:

why has it taken me so long to play this

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Harrow posted:

:pusheen:

why has it taken me so long to play this

greetings comrade

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
It reminds me of the appearance gear system back in the EQ2 days since you could make your weapons look like other weapons. However, this is even better since your costume isn't limited by your actual armor weight and you can dye everything to your heart's content.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Beefeater posted:

It reminds me of the appearance gear system back in the EQ2 days since you could make your weapons look like other weapons. However, this is even better since your costume isn't limited by your actual armor weight and you can dye everything to your heart's content.

It also gives you an incentive to chase cheevos and try (repeatedly) activities you'd otherwise avoid, like Battlegrounds and AvA.

Living that haute couture is hard, but good.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Coldforge posted:

It also gives you an incentive to chase cheevos and try (repeatedly) activities you'd otherwise avoid, like Battlegrounds and AvA.

Living that haute couture is hard, but good.

Yeah. I've run CoHI about 50 times to get a couple of the mask styles.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Please show me all of your outfits.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I don't have many styles unlocked, but here's me:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Oceanbound posted:

I don't have many styles unlocked, but here's me:

I love that Telvanni helmet so much. Looks good!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yes. Good. Excellent! More outfits please! I will share some of my own when, I guess, I'm not working or whatever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

doomfunk posted:

Yes. Good. Excellent! More outfits please! I will share some of my own when, I guess, I'm not working or whatever.

Mine are all here, though some have been changed and I have a few new ones, because it's a disease and I'm not ashamed.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=31340&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post486027471

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol this forced stealth part in the breaking fort virak quest is horrible and i hate it

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

doomfunk posted:

Please tell whoever is in charge of the BG outfits to keep doing it like the Pit Daemon/Storm Lord/Fire Drake rewards.

Blood Spawn remains one of the most aesthetically pleasing undaunted helms in the game, along with Nerinen'eth. Please introduce these Undaunted Styles and Arms Packs into the game ASAP.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

doomfunk posted:

Yes. Good. Excellent! More outfits please!

old

but will have time to be around this weekend so will probably spend my evening blowing my gold i should be saving on some thing new

edit: some old screens i found while doing this, forget if i ever shared them

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 18, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Still figuring out my new sorc tank's look, but I discovered Akaviri shoulders and Ashlander legs match pretty well.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

update on frivolously deducting away my gold

rough draft, not sure quite married to it though might tweak some more

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Coldforge posted:

Mine are all here, though some have been changed and I have a few new ones, because it's a disease and I'm not ashamed.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=31340&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post486027471

How do you turn off the UI on the character screen... or did you just crop them?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

zjentohlauedy posted:

How do you turn off the UI on the character screen... or did you just crop them?

You can set the key in controls.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

newer players may be under the assumption that the goal to fashion is to look like a total bad rear end and be attractive to your peers but that's not top tier

no what is is

getting fashion to the point where you look like the NPC that gave you a sidequest back when you were level 4

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

doomfunk posted:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

He said OUTfits, although I guess it is what's inside that truly matters.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A skeleton is nature's outfit.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
:siren:FASHION:siren:
(this is my stamsorc)
:siren:SCROLLS:siren:
(and my magplar)
:siren:ONLINE:siren:
(stam warden)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Having a surprisingly hard time deciding what to level first. I've been playing around with a Magblade and it's been fun, but I'm not super into the whole blood magic aesthetic. Though to be fair I'm not super into most classes' aesthetics all told (I like the ice and nature stuff in Warden but not really the pet stuff, for example) so I should probably just pick what's most fun.

I know I want to do something with Magicka first but beyond that I don't know poo poo :v:

I should probably stick with Magblade because I do like having that much ability to sustain myself in combat, and the nice tools for being sneaky.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Harrow posted:

I should probably stick with Magblade because I do like having that much ability to sustain myself in combat, and the nice tools for being sneaky.

DPS Nightblades are definitely the stealthiest, but pretty much all Magicka builds are self sustaining.

Hi posted:

:siren:FASHION:siren:
(this is my stamsorc)

Matching your pants to your tattoo sleeve is some good stuff :swoon:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh, just realized I never asked for a guild invite :v: Could someone invite @Harrow to the NA guild? Thanks!

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Could someone invite me as well @PhotekOBV :v:

Thanks.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
I'm @SWATJester by the way if I can get an invite. Just trying to figure things out. Apparently I've had an active subscription for the past however many years since I first tried this game and gave up in Cold Harbor and didn't realize it was still active, so I've got like 40,000 crowns. What should I get? I bought the two assistants because I figured they would always be useful, and the account-unlock stuff and dungeons. Is there anything in specific that I should avoid?

Also am I making any mistakes with these build choices for these characters:

Wood Elf Warden - Stamina Bow focused
Khajit Nightblade - stealth melee focused
Orc Dragonknight - Heavy Armor and 2H focused.
Nord Templar - Magicka focused

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leif. posted:

I'm @SWATJester by the way if I can get an invite. Just trying to figure things out. Apparently I've had an active subscription for the past however many years since I first tried this game and gave up in Cold Harbor and didn't realize it was still active, so I've got like 40,000 crowns. What should I get? I bought the two assistants because I figured they would always be useful, and the account-unlock stuff and dungeons. Is there anything in specific that I should avoid?

Wood Elf Warden with two bow slots is easily the most fun I've had with any class

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I've tried different variants of this same basic bandit outfit on other characters, but it belongs on my bow warden, Shoots-Up.

(I wish there were a wide-brimmed hat without the corsage.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Leif. posted:

Get whatever crowns you have left and sell them for 250 gold a piece, a 2,500 crown item will net you 500k gold easy