Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

emdash posted:

i think you only get it if you pick a 2-0 correctly. i can't find a solid confirmation right now tho

On this site, you can use tokens earned from the BattlePass to predict who will win upcoming Pro Circuit Series. On each successful prediction, every token placed will earn 40 Battle Points (20 in the case of a tie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

On this site, you can use tokens earned from the BattlePass to predict who will win upcoming Pro Circuit Series. On each successful prediction, every token placed will earn 40 Battle Points (20 in the case of a tie)

right but there's an achievement for getting 50 "correct" predictions. i'm thinking this requires 2-0 results for the teams you selected in a bo2 setting. i just can't find anyone talking about that from a past tournament at the moment

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

right but there's an achievement for getting 50 "correct" predictions. i'm thinking this requires 2-0 results for the teams you selected in a bo2 setting. i just can't find anyone talking about that from a past tournament at the moment

ESL Birmingham was the first tournament you could predict, and neither it nor the Supermajor used a Bo2 format in the groups.

The 50 correct includes past tournaments but there's also one to just get 25 correct in the group stage.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 15, 2018

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Am I supposed to put in all my group stage predictions in at once or can I submit day 1 and then the rest later?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also, I know we all had fun earlier at the expense of the new Team Secret uniforms, but now let's all have fun at the expense of their coach Sunbhie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVz1mXq0gDo

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

The 50 correct includes past tournaments but there's also one to just get 25 correct in the group stage.
The 25 correct achievement is for the ingame predictions: the multiple-choice things that pop up during pregame. Hope you have your remote desktop setups ready so you can do THAT from work.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
its almost 7AM, where the gently caress is my dota?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

another 4 and a bit hours sir, can i interest you in some heroes of the storm?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

oh man TI8 is gonna be wacky xD Slacks bringing the A++ quality comedy hehe, a dog... DRESSED UP AS AXE?!?!?! xD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incoherence posted:

The 25 correct achievement is for the ingame predictions: the multiple-choice things that pop up during pregame. Hope you have your remote desktop setups ready so you can do THAT from work.

Wellllp

I might still be able to do it from home given how many games there are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the void remodel sucked (like the lion remodel not really sure why they kept making him worse).

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

oh man TI8 is gonna be wacky xD Slacks bringing the A++ quality comedy hehe, a dog... DRESSED UP AS AXE?!?!?! xD

Slacks owns bitch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sugar free jazz posted:

Slacks owns bitch

Shut up bitch

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
dog cosplay loving rules don't be a hater

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Slacks sucks but I don't care because I'm not watching of the poo poo that's between games anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lol at the NA power hour on the third stream

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
just tune into the main stream and get all the good poo poo from all the games straight to your veins

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

oh thank god all Fnatic games have good commentators.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

God drat todays the day

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wasn't Lumi away from dota for a while, now he's back at TI? goddamn

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Look at all that dota.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If you’re not watching the grant + bsj + Kyle cast then you hosed up

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lumi is og and cool, doubly so because Reddit loving despises him

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lumi is og and cool, doubly so because Reddit loving despises him

if only he could cast games halfway competently

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love that Lumi/Winter are only casting games with Chinese teams and Grant/Kyle/BSJ are only casting NA teams.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

lol if you think I'm not watching Liquid/Fnatic or Liquid/LGD

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Liquid Fnatic to start off is gonna be good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I love that Lumi/Winter are only casting games with Chinese teams and Grant/Kyle/BSJ are only casting NA teams.

Yeah I’m watching that

On a second screen muted!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Can someone do me a favor and post the youtube stream link when it goes live? I'll tip you

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RisqueBarber posted:

God drat todays the day

im fuckin HYPED

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Who's everyone got for fantasy today?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

u dont tell me what to do. I am watchin my boy fogged

e: is anyone going turbonerd and making a google doc spreadsheet of all the best games?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I slotted miracle/sumail/mc/kuro/cr1t

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i miss ld...

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

here's my lineup

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
do we know when the opening ceremony starts?

edit also i'm super lazy about the card game and just put all of liquid lol

edit 2: oh stream starts in 1 and a half hours according to the client

botany fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 15, 2018

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
do you need a certain compendium level to be able to make predictions??? I logged into that website and nothing happens when I click the change card button

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
also lol don't use liquid players, fools! they play too fast to rack up the points! Chinese/EE teams are where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nikosoft posted:

do you need a certain compendium level to be able to make predictions??? I logged into that website and nothing happens when I click the change card button

Yeah, you get card packs at certain levels of the compendium (though you get 5 card packs at level one), and then you have to manually open them.