Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Most Expensive Weed Joke In History

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

hi i just wanted to tell you i appreciate this greatly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

subpoena news bumps $TSLA stock $47 dollars to close the day up UP UP

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

big dyke energy posted:

cumshitter how's your cousin

lmao

i havent really spoken to him since that text is hared and he hasnt tried to rub anything in my face.

he has literaly never taken any of my investment advice. im not saying im an expert, but i can at least get his portfolio in front of people who have been doing investment stuff for decades. he still doesnt listen

anyway the last thing i said to him was, "If you're not going to have a ceiling then at least have a floor." he might have thought this was some dumb metaphor for hubris or something though

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

WampaLord posted:

The Most Expensive Weed Joke In History

I love this future where we begin to build the codified understanding CEOs need to be locked safely in lead-lined rooms when unsupervised, because the internet now gives them 24/7 ability to destroy their company with a single drug fueled public statement

why did I ever hate twitter this is clearly the peak of social technology

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BioMe posted:

I love this future where we begin to build the codified understanding CEOs need to be locked safely in lead-lined rooms when unsupervised, because the internet now gives them 24/7 ability to destroy their company with a single drug fueled public statement

why did I ever hate twitter this is clearly the peak of social technology

It's run by Nazi sympathizers

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

given theres an entire gigantic industry built around selling them its amazing how many people still dont get that for like 99% of people the correct investment strategy is just buy some fuckin mutual funds

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Glumslinger posted:

really though, what isn't run by nazi sympathizers in tyool 2018?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Wheeee posted:

given theres an entire gigantic industry built around selling them its amazing how many people still dont get that for like 99% of people the correct investment strategy is just buy some fuckin mutual funds

But I'm only getting 5% ROI when I could have gotten 7% :qq:

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Does that actually mean something here or are you the reason I have to even ask?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BioMe posted:

Does that actually mean something here or are you the reason I have to even ask?

Jack and Twitter in general protects alt-right and literal neonazis super hard. Just ask lowtax about his bans for an example

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

But I'm only getting 5% ROI when I could have gotten 7% :qq:

my cousin is a money obsessed idiot who, when i ran off the lat 8 years of total returns (index performance + reinvestment of dividends) numbers for the S&P 500 and Russell 1000, told me that doing as well as the market wasn't good enough and that he wanted to "smash the market"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
All social media outlets are incredibly chud and Nazi friendly because they will buy any loving tee shirt you sell them. Every dipshit Instagram veteran lifestyle brand pumps money into the FB and Twitter ecosystem because the chuds will punch any monkey and click on any link that promises to own the libs. This is worth a lot of money for Facebook but more importantly the high click through rates on these guys are insanely good for Facebook's b2b marketing numbers.

This is why white nationalism is explicitly allowed but saying "men are trash" will get an autozucc on Facebook.

Bushiz has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Aug 15, 2018

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

cumshitter posted:

my cousin is a money obsessed idiot who, when i ran off the lat 8 years of total returns (index performance + reinvestment of dividends) numbers for the S&P 500 and Russell 1000, told me that doing as well as the market wasn't good enough and that he wanted to "smash the market"

He sees himself as a 'disrupter' I guess.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

cumshitter posted:

Does he idolize any individual investors or wealthy people? He needs some Warren Buffet influence, but I'm guessing he doesn't know who that is and if told, he'd discount the man's advice as just trying to screw the little guy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Powershift posted:

It was built with the wrong parts
in the wrong plant
with the wrong batteries
it took the wrong road
in self drive mode
and encountered several trees
it was built in the wrong way, at the wrong time
by the wrong robot on the wrong line
on the wrong day of the wrong week
using the wrong method with the wrong technique

wrong
wrong

there's something wrong with it, mechanically
something wrong with it's built quality
It's the wrong mix, of the wrong parts
built in the wrong tent on the wrong carts
built by the wrong man
from the wrong plans
and blindly loved by the wrong fans
with the wrong lies, the wrong vibes
the wrong questions with the wrong replies

wrong
wrong

Then Elon took the wrong drugs
on the wrong night
with the wrong audience
she tweeted all his wrong lies
and his wrong tries
to fund his cockiness
he was on the wrong phone, with the wrong banks
trying to find a solution before the stock tanks
he made the wrong tweet with the wrong claim
now his company has been set aflame, yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFlUCr42qzI

:wrong:

I love this

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

it even has gilmour's smoking induced throat clear

goldmine

💯

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

cumshitter posted:

Shorting Tesla sounds like a good idea. They doing the same thing that Krispy Kreme did in 2004 and inflating earnings numbers. It did not work out well for them with the SEC.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

[–]Tje199 1 point 5 hours ago
So... How's this going?

[–]wakka54[S] 0 points 11 minutes ago
$21,589 of my life savings up in flames, and that's just so far. I'm in this for the long haul.
sorry for your loss

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
It’s not up in flames until you sell. A better analogy is that he’s underwater and oxygen is starting to get tight.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

sorry for your loss

You're*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How funny that is depends upon how much his total life savings are. If it's like $30k and ~$22k are up in flames, it's a lot funnier than him having like $200k and losing 10% of it.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Lote posted:

It’s not up in flames until you drive.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Isn't funny how Musk pitches the whole oil industry/short seller conspiracy but then brags about his Saudi friends being the ones backing his conversion of Tesla to a private company?

The article about engineers being threatened by management reminded me of the work under the surface work atmosphere at Theranos.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

sorry for your loss

"I'm in it for the long haul"
hopefully the long haul will last as long as a tesla fender in the rain

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

How funny that is depends upon how much his total life savings are. If it's like $30k and ~$22k are up in flames, it's a lot funnier than him having like $200k and losing 10% of it.
He claims it's "2 or 3 percent of my money" in a later post

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

The whole enterprise is a Theranos speedrun except there are actually existing Teslas. Everyone, please read Bad Blood

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

because having an etrade account is a socially acceptable way to gamble while simultaneously role playing Person Smart With Money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

The whole enterprise is a Theranos speedrun except there are actually existing Teslas. Everyone, please read Bad Blood

It's familiar story especially the workplace culture of abuse, intimidation and silencing people who had product quality concerns.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
nobody should ever be a retail investor and the whole retail investor portions of brokerages are basically just them sucking up fees off of gambling addicts

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

Oh my god yes this. It's only like 300 pages and it has a bit of slow start but once it gets going oh buddy it gets loving going

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

quote:

$21,589 of my life savings up in flames, and that's just so far. I'm in this for the long haul.

lmoeba why the gently caress are you in it for the long haul if this is 2% of your net worth because by the time this is over it's gonna be 20% of your net worth plus whatever interest you paid lol

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my god yes this. It's only like 300 pages and it has a bit of slow start but once it gets going oh buddy it gets loving going

By the time they start stalking the author and holding whistleblowers hostage and poo poo you're like ok everyone involved should be in federal prison lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

This is the whistleblower, Martin Tripp.

https://twitter.com/trippedover/status/1029837413265231872

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Appears one of the fired engineers is in the replies

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

not a cult posted:

"I'm in it for the long haul"

car hodlers, I’m liking this new crossover

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

I’m reading it now on this thread’s rec. Good so far.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol that twitter fukken owns

musk is over, tesla shareholders are hosed

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Who holds back the electric car?

Musk does
Musk does

Adbot